ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

questions regarding the Premium Service

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hopeforall9
Mood:

questions regarding the Premium Service

Post by hopeforall9 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:08 pm

Hello

As i am currently weighing my options between doing the premium same day service (£1,164) and the priority postal service (£1,039) for my Tier 2 extension application. If the prices I have here are infact correct, i was thinking of paying a little more to do the same day service.

I was just curious for anyone who has done the premium same day service, what they went through in going through the process, specifically:
1. form filled out online and should i pay the NHS surcharge beforehand (im thinking yes)
2. how close to the day you filled out the form were you able to get an appointment
3. what exactly happened on the day of the appointment

And any other suggestions you could give, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

dragon098
Mood:

Re: questions regarding the Premium Service

Post by dragon098 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:05 am

Hi Hopeforall9,

I would suggest you to do premium service as I am planning to do same but I have yet to receive my UCoS. Doing premium will atleast release your stress for paying a little more.

However, I have done premium service before but then I had to fill forms and nothing was online beside paying premium service fee.
1. form filled out online and should i pay the NHS surcharge beforehand (im thinking yes)
Yes, you should do that while filling the form online.
2. how close to the day you filled out the form were you able to get an appointment
Appointment are based on availability, I cannot answer exact but you will see date and places which are available. As far as I know croydon is nearest in London.
3. what exactly happened on the day of the appointment
I think it is pretty easy and relaxing however, you will be a bit nervous (I was). I had booked the first slot it was 8:45am. I suggest you not to book super early as I was almost late due to road works and diversion (maybe book 9 or 10). Arrive early atleast 15-20 mins. As far as I remember once you enter they will check everything like in airport then you go up to the main area you will submit your application then they will ask you to wait. They will give you a Token Number and you can monitor status in a Monitor so you just have to wait. Later on they will call you your Token Number and you go get your BRP done (they will take photo, fingerprint), again you'll be waiting and this is when they will access your application and you will be waiting for your result. You can see your Token Number in monitor. And once it is your number you go and they will tell you about your result.
Mine took about 1 hour 45 mins.

P.S. if you don't mind and if you're booking for premium service can you please let me know the availability as well, like if you trying to book appointment today then which date you're getting, if it is busy or not.

Regards,
dragon