ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - ILR as a partner of BC - 3 Years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

knowpain

Naturalisation - ILR as a partner of BC - 3 Years

Post by knowpain » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:35 pm

Hello fellow members,
Again i am here to ask for some help and advice just to clear few things regarding Naturalisation.

I have ILR which i got this year in February 2016 which i got based on my 10 year Stay in UK which is all Legal. And i am married to a British Passport holder.
I am waiting since February for my 12 months to pass by so i can complete 12 months after ILR to apply for Naturalisation.

And yesterday i was just searching and came on the forum and found out that having ILR and being a partner of a BC i can apply for Naturalisation same day as i got my ILR as long as i have been in UK for 3 years and legal and no criminal record etc etc.

So i called home office and they confirmed i can apply rather then waiting 12 months. First off all im upset that i have already waited 8 months. I could have already got my British Passport by now HUH.

Anyhow i have booked my NCS appointment for 2nd November for Naturalisation & also to apply for passport at the sametime.

Just to make sure. I am eligible to apply for Naturalisation right ?
And how the process works once i give my file to NCS case worker. Timing wise how long it will take ?

Casa

Re: Naturalisation - ILR as a partner of BC - 3 Years

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:42 pm

knowpain wrote:Hello fellow members,
Again i am here to ask for some help and advice just to clear few things regarding Naturalisation.

I have ILR which i got this year in February 2016 which i got based on my 10 year Stay in UK which is all Legal. And i am married to a British Passport holder.
I am waiting since February for my 12 months to pass by so i can complete 12 months after ILR to apply for Naturalisation.

And yesterday i was just searching and came on the forum and found out that having ILR and being a partner of a BC i can apply for Naturalisation same day as i got my ILR as long as i have been in UK for 3 years and legal and no criminal record etc etc.

So i called home office and they confirmed i can apply rather then waiting 12 months. First off all im upset that i have already waited 8 months. I could have already got my British Passport by now HUH.

Anyhow i have booked my NCS appointment for 2nd November for Naturalisation & also to apply for passport at the sametime.

And how the process works once i give my file to NCS case worker. Timing wise how long it will take ?
Correct.

The NCS will take copies of your documents, including your passport and return the originals to you during the appointment. They will also check that your application is complete.

There are various timeline threads on the forum for BC applications and it appears the you may have a 6 months wait for a decision.

If you use the relatively new JCAP service provided by the NCS you can submit a BC application together with your application for a passport. This will save you from having to attend an interview before the passport can be issued.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:49 pm

Also, you MUST make sure that you were physically present in the UK on 2nd November 2013, which is the start of your BC qualifying period as spouse of BC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

knowpain

Post by knowpain » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:54 pm

Casa wrote:
knowpain wrote:Hello fellow members,

Correct.

The NCS will take copies of your documents, including your passport and return the originals to you during the appointment. They will also check that your application is complete.

There are various timeline threads on the forum for BC applications and it appears the you may have a 6 months wait for a decision.

If you use the relatively new JCAP service provided by the NCS you can submit a BC application together with your application for a passport. This will save you from having to attend an interview before the passport can be issued.
Thanks for clarification for the above Casa.

I have already booked the service where i will apply for both BC application and also for Passport together. I dont know the technical name but its probably JCAP service. They told me its a new Pilot scheme introduced by Home Office. So i thought i better do it.

I have seen the Timeline threads already on average i can see people get it between 3 months time.

I have a question... On AN form its asking me for Partners Citizenship Certificate Number ... I believe its the unique certificate number isnt it ? and if by any chance i cant find it and leave it blank does it affect in any manner negatively ??

And regarding my last 10 years of Employment History i dont have all the record and stuff as i was mostly on student visa and worked part time etc.
Can i just put my recent experience from April 2015 upto now ?

knowpain

Post by knowpain » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:55 pm

CR001 wrote:Also, you MUST make sure that you were physically present in the UK on 2nd November 2013, which is the start of your BC qualifying period as spouse of BC.
Hi Cr001, Thanks again for helping me out on my ILR application as well before.

And yeah i was definitely present on 2nd November 2013 in UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:57 pm

I have a question... On AN form its asking me for Partners Citizenship Certificate Number ... I believe its the unique certificate number isnt it ? and if by any chance i cant find it and leave it blank does it affect in any manner negatively ??

If your spouse if a naturalised BC, then it will be on their naturalisation certificate.

If your spouse is British born, then this number is not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:58 pm

Yes, you are clearly planning to make a section 6(2) application; read all about it in AN guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2016.pdf

Make sure you can prove you were physically present in UK 3 years before the date of your application.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

knowpain

Post by knowpain » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:25 pm

CR001 wrote:

If your spouse if a naturalised BC, then it will be on their naturalisation certificate.

If your spouse is British born, then this number is not required.
She is not born British so i will look into the Certificate to get the Number.
Thanks CR001

knowpain

Post by knowpain » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:26 pm

noajthan wrote:Yes, you are clearly planning to make a section 6(2) application; read all about it in AN guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2016.pdf

Make sure you can prove you were physically present in UK 3 years before the date of your application.
When you say Prove i was physically here. How can i do that ? I am going to be giving my Passport and in which all the stamps will give my Travel History. I havent travelled out of UK between the Year 2011 and 2014 so i am in UK in November 2013.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:31 pm

knowpain wrote:When you say Prove i was physically here. How can i do that ? I am going to be giving my Passport and in which all the stamps will give my Travel History. I havent travelled out of UK between the Year 2011 and 2014 so i am in UK in November 2013.
I don't say it, the relevant law says it.
Yep, passport.
(A photo of you holding a newspaper is not necessary).

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:37 pm

knowpain wrote:
CR001 wrote:Also, you MUST make sure that you were physically present in the UK on 2nd November 2013, which is the start of your BC qualifying period as spouse of BC.
Hi Cr001, Thanks again for helping me out on my ILR application as well before.

And yeah i was definitely present on 2nd November 2013 in UK.
If the OP is applying on the 2nd November 2016, then the OP must have been physically present in the UK on 3rd November 2013. The date is counted as 3 years back plus 1 day.

From AN Booklet:
The residence requirements:
1. You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 3 years before the application is received by the Home Office.

For example if your application is received on 20/1/2015, you should have been physically present in the United Kingdom on 21/1/2012.

Most applications that fail do so because applicants have applied even though they cannot satisfy the residence requirement to
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:05 pm

If rule us 'on the day 3 years before the application is received by the Home Office.' I wonder why the guidance then says:

"if your application is received on 20/1/2015, you should have been physically present in the United Kingdom on 21/1/2012".

In other words, 1 day after. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

knowpain

Post by knowpain » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:50 pm

I have sorted out the Employment History. I have put rough dates not exact dates. But more or less they are accurate. The last 3.4 years in accurate.

I have arranged for my wife's Certificate so will get the Number and also the date she was given naturalisation.

Anything else i need to keep an eye on ? Any technicality ? Rest of the form i have filled it.

knowpain

Post by knowpain » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:17 pm

Had my appointment yesterday for Joint Service for Naturalisation and Passport @ Wembley Civic Centre.
Based on British Citizen Spouse.

They said Home office will receive the Post today and they will take the money and then they will invite me for Biometrics and then process takes 3-6 months .

Waiting Game begins.

knowpain

Post by knowpain » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:00 am

Quick Question.

I applied via NCS Appointment on 2nd November 2016 and until today i have not seen visa fee gone out of my account or either how can i find out if NCS has sent my application. is there any confirmation i will get that they have received my application ???
Shall i contact NCS

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:28 am

Contact the NCS and ask for the Royal Mail Tracking number. That's what I did. With this number you can check if the application has arrived at the Home Office. Use this link to track the delivery: https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item

With regards to the money I applied on the 14/10 and the money went out as pending on the 22/10. Two days later on the 24th I received an email to acknowledge the receipt of my application. No reason to worry yet :)

Good luck!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:39 am

knowpain wrote:Quick Question.

I applied via NCS Appointment on 2nd November 2016 and until today i have not seen visa fee gone out of my account or either how can i find out if NCS has sent my application. is there any confirmation i will get that they have received my application ???
Shall i contact NCS
I think you need to be patient. If you had a tracking number from NCS then you could check receipt yourself. Once NCS has send the paperwork to UKVI then it's out of their hands.
The timelines in the forum give a reasonable indication when confirmations, payments and biometrics are done.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:00 am

knowpain wrote:Quick Question.

Shall i contact NCS
By applying via NCS you have submitted your application. You don't need to worry about internal mail transfers between NCS-HO.
Nor about all the subsequent forwarding and routing that will occur within and around HO.

NCS will not provide routine updates.
And expect very little hand-holding or even feedback from HO.

Just relax - as you have noted above, its a waiting game now.

knowpain

Post by knowpain » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:11 pm

Thanks everyone for posting reply.
I wasn't impatient but I just wanted to find out the Procedure and route.
I have been here more then 10 years to understand that Home Office and Visa applications are pure waiting game nothing more.
Thanks for clarifying the Process. I have received the email today from Home Office they have received the Application.