ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

stupid question, can i use check and send on first passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tommy22
Newly Registered

stupid question, can i use check and send on first passport?

Post by Tommy22 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:05 pm

Hello, i recently become a British citizen, i was wondering can i use passport check and send service to apply for my passport?

Thank You

MrsGreenside

Re: stupid question, can i use check and send on first passp

Post by MrsGreenside » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:10 pm

As far as I am aware you can use the "Check & Send" service for your first passport. You will then receive a letter asking you to attend a passport interview.

dapto10

Post by dapto10 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Yes, you can.

You'll receive a letter asking you to book an interview yourself or a letter with an appointment to attend an interview.

Tommy22
Newly Registered

Post by Tommy22 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:28 pm

Thank you for the quick reply.

what kind of documents do i need when i use check and send?

Also what is the interview about ?

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:39 pm

Tommy22 wrote:Thank you for the quick reply.

Thanks
Exactly the same documents that are listed on the passport application form.

The interview is to confirm your identity and that you are the person applying for the passport.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Tommy22
Newly Registered

Post by Tommy22 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:14 pm

Casa wrote:
Tommy22 wrote:Thank you for the quick reply.

Thanks
Exactly the same documents that are listed on the passport application form.

The interview is to confirm your identity and that you are the person applying for the passport.
sweet, thank you.

where does the interview normally at ?
Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:28 pm

"Interviews will be held at local interview offices and last 10-20 minutes

There are around 69 local interview offices throughout the UK. This means that it will be easy for you to find a place near to you to have your short interview.Once you receive your UK passport interview letter, use the contact details to book in your appointment at a time that suits you. The whole interview process will only take about 10-20 minutes so you won't have to waste a whole day.

What kind of questions will you be asked?

During the interview, you'll be asked around fifteen to twenty questions. All these passport interview questions will revolve around facts about you and your life in the UK. These questions will all be taken from the information you provided during your application.You can expect to be asked:

• To spell your full name.
• Give your partner's date of birth (if applicable).
• Details of your current address & the length of time you have lived there.
• Your parent's marriage date (if applicable).
• Give the name, profession & age of the counter-signer of your application.
"

http://www.passports-office.co.uk/blog/ ... interview/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dapto10

Post by dapto10 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:30 pm

If there's an interview office in your area, then you'll most probably receive an appointment for an interview at this centre.

In case there isn't an interview office in your town, then you will receive a letter asking you to call HMPO, select the nearest or most convenient location and book an interview via phone.

The interview is to confirm your identity. There're several topics here about that. They'll be asking you about your past, names and dates of birth of your parents, spouse / partner, some details about your home, some basic banking information, your place of work, how do you get there, etc. There could be a question about your Citizenship Ceremony as well - where did it take place, who attended, when...

The purpose of the interview is to make sure you are who you claim you are. The interview is usually a friendly and informal conversation, not an interrogation. They will read your body language, the consistency of your answers, etc. If you are who you say you are, you don't need to prepare or be worried about it.

Tommy22
Newly Registered

Post by Tommy22 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:44 pm

thanks guys, much appreciated!