ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost job, need to find new employer for sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

vishdom847
Newly Registered

Lost job, need to find new employer for sponsorship

Post by vishdom847 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Hi,
I recently lost my job in one of the big 4 companies due to exam failure, and I am currently on a notice period which ends next week on Friday. I can stay in the UK for 60 days after that.

I wanted to find out if anyone has been in a similar situation as me before or knows someone who has? I'm currently unsure as to how hard is it going to be to find a new employer who's going to sponsor my visa? In terms of a deadline, how long do you think I actually have in terms of securing a job and in terms of giving the potential employer the time needed to sponsor my visa?

Please let me know. Thanks!

WRWR
Russia

Re: Lost job, need to find new employer for sponsorship

Post by WRWR » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:33 pm

If I get it right, you have 60 days from the day of your curtailment letter. So it's basically 6 days till next Friday + some time to get letter + 60 days. Letters may be delayed, but I would not count on this.

In this time frame you'll need to find another sponsor, pass all interviews, complete the RLMT test (28 days), wait for next CoS assignment (happens once a month) and apply for a new visa.

Is it possible to negotiate and stay with the current job for some time? (Unspent annual leave, short unpaid leave etc.) What is your occupation? Maybe you can fill the role from shortage list and avoid the RLMT.

vishdom847
Newly Registered

Re: Lost job, need to find new employer for sponsorship

Post by vishdom847 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:25 pm

It is not possible to stay in the job a bit longer, although I have appealed against the decision to terminate so the said letter might take some time to get to me.

If not, then I don't have much hope,do I, given the holiday period in December taking up at least 10-15 days out of my time?

My occupation is that of an auditor whilst studying towards the chartered accountancy qualification as a part of the job contract.

Given the current economic climate, is it safe to presume that employers now are less willing to sponsor someone's visa?