ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) waiting 4+ years

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rk_2011

FLR(O) waiting 4+ years

Post by rk_2011 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:25 pm

My sister has been waiting for over 4 years now for her FLR(O) case. She applied under medical grounds in 2012. In 2012, they refused and she appealed. In 2014, first-tier tribunal allowed our appeal. In 2014, they again refused and she again appealed. In 2015, her appeal was allowed by the first-tier tribunal. In 2016, they called her for an interview, where she was asked about an English test that she had taken. The test wasn't submitted as part of her FLR application. Our local MP has been assisting her since 2016, querying the Home office about her case. The Home office assured that they would give a decision by October 2016, but even that hasn't materialised.

So she has been hopelessly waiting. I would like your view or advice on whether it is worth waiting any longer? Obviously, it has been a long wait. But, where should she seek help at this point?

avjones
Diamond Member

Re: FLR(O) waiting 4+ years

Post by avjones » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:08 am

Has she seen a solicitor? Sounds like a case where it would be useful to see if a pre-action protocol letter for Judicial Review might spur someone into action.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

rk_2011

Post by rk_2011 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:05 am

Thanks for your comments!

Her case was handled by a solicitor all through. However, after the last judgement was made (which was in her favour) she hasn't contacted the firm and the firm also no longer represents her. The file needs to be re-opneed with them for a fee.

What is a pre-action protocol letter? Surely, this has to drafted by a solicitor and sent from their firm?

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:10 pm

It's not an absolute requirement that a solicitor drafts it
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:01 am

Anyone can draft the letter before action. It is a formal notice that you intend to take another party to court.