ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence refusal letter appeal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

justinsanero
Newly Registered

Permanent residence refusal letter appeal

Post by justinsanero » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:18 pm

Hi guys,

I've applied for EEA permanent residence on 14th June and received the refusal letter yesterday because of lack of documents and do have them but never thought I would need so many.

Can you please advice me on the route for the appeal.

Thanks in advance.

Casa

Re: Permanent residence refusal letter appeal

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:34 pm

As the error was yours by not submitting the correct documents, it would probably be better to re-apply. An appeal can be a very lengthy process.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Pedicini

Post by Pedicini » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:13 pm

Hi,

I have refused in July 2016 Non EEA National and appealed 30th July 2016 and had a decision won 28.09.2016 from First Tribunal and then I got letter from HO on the 14.10.2016 says HO accepted my decision was won. 26.10.2016 I got my passport back and letter says Residence Card will come separately in 10 days.

While I appealed I have applied new application as well but if I know took a decision in 2 months I have shouldn't apply again.

My refused reason was not enough evidence.

Hope it will help.

Good luck

alti
Newly Registered

pr refused

Post by alti » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:27 pm

Pedicini wrote:Hi,

I have refused in July 2016 Non EEA National and appealed 30th July 2016 and had a decision won 28.09.2016 from First Tribunal and then I got letter from HO on the 14.10.2016 says HO accepted my decision was won. 26.10.2016 I got my passport back and letter says Residence Card will come separately in 10 days.

While I appealed I have applied new application as well but if I know took a decision in 2 months I have shouldn't apply again.

My refused reason was not enough evidence.

Hope it will help.

Good luck

alexxy
Newly Registered

Post by alexxy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi justinsanero,

I suggest you reapply by sending all documents required, clearly organised, labeled, include cover letter if needed. I was refused Permanent Residence, have appealed since 24th January 2016 and haven't heard anything back yet. In the meantime I have re-applied for PR but it would probably take 6 months to find out, while for appeals it could be as long as 2 years. From what I gather, it is waaaay shorter appeals decision time for Non EEA. Hope this helps.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Hello Pedicini,

Because you have submitted another application will obviously trigger an attention with your appeal case. It doesn't come quick like that mate or may be where you live/luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

alti
Newly Registered

Post by alti » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:32 am

hi
from the last 2 posts i understand that appeal take longer if you lodge another application while waiting for appeal . And appeals from EEA nationals take longer than appeals from non EEA .
I am non EEA appealed against PR refusal in 4th of october still nothing i believe will take a long while , just confused for now of what to do if to send another application for PR and supply bunch of documents or wait for appeal date , or apply for another EEA(fm) and try to get my partner EEA (qp).
please advise .

Pedicini

Post by Pedicini » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:37 am

Wise wrote:Hello Pedicini,

Because you have submitted another application will obviously trigger an attention with your appeal case. It doesn't come quick like that mate or may be where you live/luck.

Hello again,

I am living South Norwood / LONDON , I did paper hearing appeal and decision came from First-tier Tribunal at GLASGOW.

Thanks,

justinsanero
Newly Registered

Post by justinsanero » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Guys,

Thank you for your advices. Most probably I will re-apply for permanent residence as its only 6 months until I get the decision.

ivetalopes

Post by ivetalopes » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:57 pm

If one needs to appeal do you do it online?

Is it a good idea to get a solicitor...? Sorry to barge into your thread was just wondering

Pedicini

Post by Pedicini » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:55 am

We appealed to the decision and went the paper hearing route - we logged the appeal at the end of August 2016 and received a decision two months later. We also logged in a new application but there was no mention of it on the appeal as they were not aware of it - we have won the appeal and my wife has now received her EEA4 PR card; we are now in the process of withdrawing the new application we logged in soon after we appealed to the decision

hope this clarifies

good luck