ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time required for increase unrestricted CoS allocation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

harrris586
Newly Registered

Re: Time required for increase unrestricted CoS allocation

Post by harrris586 » Thu May 12, 2016 4:45 pm

lazyoffice wrote:My employer applied on 3rd May 2016 and received it on 10th May 2016.

You need to give them all details. They don't ask for money as far as i know

thanks "lazyoffice"

yeh that was misunderstanding between my employer and home office, basically my employer first time requested COS in 2013 after that he didn't put request for COS allocation to home office,
still his company A rating and he requested 04/05/2016 for COS allocations and they said 18 weeks processing time, my visa expiry date is 27 July.
don't know how long they take.

gwen3
Newly Registered

Post by gwen3 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:23 am

Hello,

I had previously applied for a Tier 2 general Visa, which late got rejected as my employer assigned a salary that was below the required level.

They have now agreed to increase my pay, however when we came around to applying for a UCOS again, there were none allocated. My employer had requested one more, justifying that they had previously made an error and that they want to apply for the same candidate again with a altered wage.

My question is, would this justification be sufficient? Also what is the typical turnaround period for a UCOS for Tier 4 stitching to Tier 2?

Regards

naval1234
Mood:
India

Post by naval1234 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Justification should be sufficient I think.

The time line varies. Usually it takes 2-3 weeks, but mine came in 5 days.

When is your visa expiring? If you still have time left then dont worry about it. you could ask your employer to phone UKVI up and give a really good reason why it is urgent then they "might" give a cos early.

But I would suggest you hold on for 2 weeks.

gwen3
Newly Registered

Post by gwen3 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:30 am

Thank you for your reply Naval1234,

My visa expires on the 31st of October 2016, therefore I'm kinda panicking. We requested one more allocation on the 14th of September so it has been just over a week now. I think I will wait till the first week of October, and if no progress is made by then my employer can put in an appeal.

Was your UCOS for a Tier 4 switching to Tier 2 as well?
Are you aware of any contact details for making an appeal should the situation arise?
Since my previous application was rejected, will my employer need to withdraw the first COS or will the home office be aware of it, allowing a certificate to be assigned to me again?

Regards

vika09
Newly Registered

Post by vika09 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:12 pm

I am in a similar situation.

My prospective new employer, I believe, applied to have their unrestricted CoS allocation increase in or around 8 September 2016. They asked the following details from me:

·         date of birth
·         nationality
·         current immigration status
·         current job title and duties
·         3 x monthly payslips

I provided those details on the same day. I have since not had much progress (although they are very patient and have been reassuring me kindly throughout the process). It has therefore been, now, 2 weeks since I sent my documents.

Does anyone have any idea on the longest time it has taken for the CoS allocation to be increased? I have seen many references to 2-3 weeks, so I am starting to get concerned, but willing to wait until 3 weeks have passed before really starting to be worried. But some idea as to what would be an unreasonable amount of time to wait would also help calm me down!

gwen3
Newly Registered

Post by gwen3 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:15 pm

Hello Vika09.

Have you received you UCOS yet?
I am currently still waiting for mine, it's been 10 days. I am hoping that my employers pushes the application as urgent once we cross the 2 week boundary. My visa expires at the end on October.

I hope things work out for us!! Please keep me updated :)

vika09
Newly Registered

Post by vika09 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:30 pm

Nope, no UCOS yet.

Hopefully it progresses well. Good luck to you!

JG12345
Newly Registered

Post by JG12345 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:18 pm

Hi I have a question

I am on a tier 2 general visa expiring soon
My employer ran out of CoS , so has asked for more and I believe this takes time.
I want to extend my visa and from your posts it seems that I require an unrestricted CoS.

I dont think my employer asked for an unrestricted one, can they ask for one now in October ?( some posts suggest April 2016 was the cut off for 2016/17)

Can I use a restricted CoS (if and when I get one)?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi Gwen and Vika09, any luck. Can you please update us on your progress to get UCOS

hopeforall9
Mood:

Post by hopeforall9 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:09 am

Hello,

was just wondering if anyone else has had luck in getting their CoS allocation? we requested ours on 27th September and still nothing. Was just wondering what the general timeline is for a request without having to email the helpline for urgent treatment.

Thank you

JG12345
Newly Registered

Post by JG12345 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:10 am

hopeforall9 wrote:Hello,

was just wondering if anyone else has had luck in getting their CoS allocation? we requested ours on 27th September and still nothing. Was just wondering what the general timeline is for a request without having to email the helpline for urgent treatment.

Thank you
hi hpfral9 and dragon,

No update for me either. On emailing them they do respond with an 18 week timeline. They only expedite the CoS allocation if the visa is expiring in 15 days so I am not sure how much emailing them helps ( I could be worng here ).

Thanks

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:57 am

Hi JG12345,

so far no update from me either however, I will try email and calling them and update you in few days.

my only issue is that I will be traveling in 2nd of December. I was wondering if my allocation came early then I could apply early then enjoy my holiday but unfortunately, doesn't seem like I can do that.

Anyways, will update you guys.

PRCcap
Newly Registered

Post by PRCcap » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:17 pm

Hey all,
Just to let you know My Sponsor got a UCOS on 15th of Oct, and my Sponsor applied for it on 13th of Sept. So in one month we got it. Thank you and good luck!

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi Prcap,

Can you please tell us when your visa is going to expire and did you HR frequently make calls and email them to get UCOS allocation or they just arrived in a month.

Thanks

JG12345
Newly Registered

Post by JG12345 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:01 pm

PRCcap wrote:Hey all,
Just to let you know My Sponsor got a UCOS on 15th of Oct, and my Sponsor applied for it on 13th of Sept. So in one month we got it. Thank you and good luck!

Thank you for the update PRCap

vasanth.dream
Newly Registered

Post by vasanth.dream » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:16 am

Hi guys,

My situation also same.. I did my tier 2 extension last MAY2016 but unfortunately I lost my job so my employer cancelled my visa didnt get letter from homeoffice yet.
But i got another employer but they dont have unrestricted cos they applied for last month for allocate more but still didnt get any update from home office.
is any idea about how long it will take for allocation?
is any advice for how can i proceed further? please advice me.

Thanks
Vasanth

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:13 pm

Hi Vasanth,

I am not sure how to answer that but What I can tell you is that you need to ask your current employeer which is willing to sponsor you to call Home Office and email their Helpdesk with your information. I am not sure how you're still in UK if your employer has cancelled your VISA. Do you have your current visa expiry date. If yes, then please send all necessary information to your HR and ask them to email them and call them. In your situation I suppose they should expedite UCoS.

All the best, hope you get your UCoS soon and make sure your SOC CODE, salary are all appropriate.

vasanth.dream
Newly Registered

Post by vasanth.dream » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:30 am

Hi Dragon,

Thanks for your response.
They sent requested to home office almost one month finished still didn't get any response so that's y worried.
lets see what will happen :-(.

Regards,
Vasanth

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:53 am

Hi Vasanth,

So far what I've seen in this forum is that few of them have been getting their UCOS within 4 weeks(1 month). Some of them got in within 5 weeks and those who's VISA were about expire got it from 5 days to 15 days.

So let's hope yours and mines comes soon too. Mine has been 24 days. Let's hope that it will come by next week.

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi Guys,

I just got my UCoS on Sat and Booked for my VISA on 15th Nov 2016.

My COS dates were:-

Applied on 11th OCT 2016
Got COS on 5th NOV 2016

vasanth.dream
Newly Registered

Post by vasanth.dream » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi Dragon,

Congrats...:-) :D Good to hear.

For mine they applied on 12 oct but still not any update. your case sent your visa copies or any other documents to UKBA ???? could you please on this advice.

Thanks
vasanth

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi Vasanth,

My HR didn't send anything and it is not UKBA but UKVI but she made 2 calls which were not really helpful. It was just that it would take 18 weeks, they can't do anything about it and when 14 days left for visa to expire then they advised to send email to helpdesk with BRP details and they would expedite but no guarantee.

When is your VISA expiring? And I believe your should come by this week or next week for sure. As far as I know mine and other members COS timeline were 15-20-30-37 days. But I would urge you to ask your HR to make calls even though if they give you same feedback as I have mentioned above.

Good Luck hopefully, it will come by this week or next week.

vasanth.dream
Newly Registered

Post by vasanth.dream » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:58 pm

Thanks for your response.
My visa expiry 2019 bcoz I did my tier 2 extension last May 2016 only, but unfortunately my old employer closed their operations in UK . so they cancelled all our visa's but I didn't get that letter from UKVI yet.
Now I got offered from another employer, but they don't have UCOS . They sent requested on 12 oct for increase UCOS, still not get any update.
I am really worried about my situation now. :(

Regards,
Vasanth

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:01 am

Vasanth,

Did you talk to HR, try your best to talk to him/her and resquest them to make a call and email them asap.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:27 am

vasanth.dream wrote:Thanks for your response.
My visa expiry 2019 bcoz I did my tier 2 extension last May 2016 only, but unfortunately my old employer closed their operations in UK . so they cancelled all our visa's but I didn't get that letter from UKVI yet.
Now I got offered from another employer, but they don't have UCOS . They sent requested on 12 oct for increase UCOS, still not get any update.
I am really worried about my situation now. :(

Regards,
Vasanth

Please make sure you conifrm the type of Cos required sicne you are changing jobs and your SOC code might have changed.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.