ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration with GDC for non-EU

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DominicChris
Newly Registered

Registration with GDC for non-EU

Post by DominicChris » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi, I am an Indian national and qualified as a dentist in India. My husband is a British national and his father is a Portuguese national. Would my husband be considered as an exempt person and as a consequence would I be considered as an exempt person. Many thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Registration with GDC for non-EU

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:16 pm

I am no expert in dentistry but perhaps you should start here:
http://www.gdc-uk.org/dentalprofessiona ... fault.aspx
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

DominicChris
Newly Registered

Re: Registration with GDC for non-EU

Post by DominicChris » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:11 pm

Thank you very much alterhase.

The website is very useful but is slightly limited in terms of details for individuals who might qualify as having "Other enforceable EU rights". To be fair to the GDC, I understand it might not be for them to provide more granular details. Mine is a slightly unusual situation because I'm Indian, my husband is British and his father is Portuguese. But I thought it could be worth exploring this possibility before pursuing any of the qualification examination.

Many thanks.