ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed - ESOL level 2 rejected by NCS for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Urgent help needed - ESOL level 2 rejected by NCS for BC

Post by fatimahh » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:41 am

Please i will really appreciate your advice in this matter. i have read the following but i am still confused.

[quote][i]Q5: I am not exempt and do not hold a degree taught or researched in English. How do I go about fulfilling the requirement on the basis of an English qualification?

You can prove your knowledge of English by having an English level B1, B2, C1 or C2 level qualification on one of the Home Office’s lists of recognised English tests and qualifications. You must take all the tests at an approved test centre.

Applications made on or after 12 November 2015 wrote:
For naturalisation applications made on or after 12 November 2015, the only tests that are acceptable are qualifications covering speaking and listening at B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list in the Immigration Rules, Appendix O. No other tests are acceptable. The test must be taken at an approved test centre.[/i]
[/quote]

My Aunt went to the NCS yesterday to submit her document for BC, but was told that her ESOL level 2 could not be used. she passed the ESOL level in 2007 and used it in 2013 to acquire her ILR without problem.

Does she need to resit another test, as that is what the NCS is asking her to do. please advise
GOD BLESS!!!

noajthan

Re: Urgent help needed - ESOL level 2 rejected by NCS for BC

Post by noajthan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:52 am

On what date in 2013 was certificate used for ILR?

See forum FAQs on this vital matter:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 98118.html
- Q9 & Q10
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:56 am

[quote="noajthan"]On what date in 2013 was certificate used for ILR?

See forum FAQs on this vital matter:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 98118.html
- Q9 & Q10[/quote]

thank you for your prompt response Noajthan - she submitted her docs in 2012 and acquired ILR in July 2013. I went through the link and it seems to say "on or after october 2013". So she does need to resit correct?
GOD BLESS!!!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:59 am

fatimahh wrote:thank you for your prompt response Noajthan - she submitted her docs in 2012 and acquired ILR in July 2013. I went through the link and it seems to say "on or after october 2013". So she does need to resit correct?
Yes, SELT - unless from an exempt country or has a degree (or is a very old lady).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:02 pm

[quote="noajthan"][quote="fatimahh"]thank you for your prompt response Noajthan - she submitted her docs in 2012 and acquired ILR in July 2013. I went through the link and it seems to say "on or after october 2013". So she does need to resit correct?[/quote]

Yes, SELT - unless from an exempt country or has a degree (or is a very old lady).[/quote]

None of the above unfortunately :( .

thank you very much for your help. i will now have to confirm the bad news, she need to get herself back to school :)
GOD BLESS!!!

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:47 pm

IELTS / Trinity College B1 English test is £150 and takes 10 minutes.

Also, don't tick the "Disable BBCode" box when you post. It breaks the quotes!

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:49 pm

ohara wrote:IELTS / Trinity College B1 English test is £150 and takes 10 minutes.

Also, don't tick the "Disable BBCode" box when you post. It breaks the quotes!
thank you for the info
GOD BLESS!!!

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:29 am

Ensure she also has LIUK in addition to the English test as before October 2013, there was no requirement to submit both, ILR could have been obtaibned with the Engish test only back then.

It's good that your aunt went to NCS for getting documents checked, this way, you only loose the small fee NCS charged as opposed to applying yourself and loosing over £1200 on the application fee.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:32 pm

WR1 wrote:Ensure she also has LIUK in addition to the English test as before October 2013, there was no requirement to submit both, ILR could have been obtaibned with the Engish test only back then.

It's good that your aunt went to NCS for getting documents checked, this way, you only loose the small fee NCS charged as opposed to applying yourself and loosing over £1200 on the application fee.

Thank you WR1, she did pass the LIUK, and yes indeed it is great that she agreed on using NCS, and they even gave her a receipt for her to come back once she pass the English test with no need to pay again :D
GOD BLESS!!!

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:43 am

Just a quick update and thank you once again for your valuable advise. My Aunt as advised sat the Trinity College B1 English test and has passed it. she will therefore be returning to NCS to subImt her docs for BC. :D
GOD BLESS!!!