ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: Unsuccessful Naturalisation (AN) applications

Post by Noetic » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:18 pm

dugg wrote:I applied on the 8th August but there is an issue whereby my second name on my birth certificate is different to my passport. My ILR is the same as the name on my passport as is all other documentation. I am really stressed about this, that is why I wondered if it were to fail, instead of appeal I could do a fresh application.

Thank you
Did you mention this in the section where you mention name at birth? I had a similar situation where I was given a middle name at birth as my first name can be male or female, and on all documents up until passport and ID renewal in 2007 my middle name was included. But I only noticed when applying for citizenship here that for some reason Switzerland dropped my middle name from my ID and passport in 2007. I wrote my full name including middle name on the form and explained in the extra info section what I wrote above & my application was granted just fine.

Although why did you even include your birth certificate? Passport should have been sufficient.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:52 pm

Thanks for share your journey
Thats really very good, now you can visit pak to see your parents.
farfar wrote:Thanks everyone for your nice comments, This citizenship has caused me far more stress than any other thing happened in my life, specially being a refugee, not able to travel home- i havnt seen my parents since 2007 :cry:
Here is my awful experience with HO
I got my naturlization refused because they said i entered the UK Illegally
I came to the UK on 3/12/2007 on spouse visa landed in manchester airport. My visa was valid from 25/11/2007 to 25/11/2009
after few months marriage broke down and i claimed asylum on 3/3/2008
was granted the refugee status on 16/12/2008
All my appeals were on time and was supported by NASS during this time
applied for naturlization on 1/4/2015 and shocking refusal letter was sent on 26/8/2015 saying that i didnt fulfill the good character requirements as i entered the UK illegally on 3/3/2008 after my visa was entry clearance was refused on the 22/02/2008. I dont know who they are talking about here. As said before i was here already in the UK, I dont know what entry clearance they are talking about. I felt they were talking about a different person not myself.
Anyway i got this refusal letter on 26/08/2015, i then sought legal advice. they said there is something wrong obviously but on the otherhand advised not to put the hopes high as the HO can just refuse for any stupid cause
We sent reconsideration application on 16/09/2015- beginning of May this year my solicitor got a letter saying there is very high volume of reconsideration applications and all will be dealt with in order
My local MP was involved since the beginning of this year, she was really helpful- she even called me before my solicitor to say congrats
Thats all
Thanks again and all the best

robbie2g2
Newly Registered

Post by robbie2g2 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:51 pm

[quote="Allesheikh"]Hi Robbie

I wanted to find out did you declare in your application form that you were working when u were on student visa? And if so did you mention part time 20 hours?

Please help me on this I missed one of my job when I was on student visa and today I've send them a letter declaring that job saying I completely forgot about that job. That was the only job I had while I was on student visa for 6 years and only worked for 6 months max.

Getting very worried don't know what will they do now

Thanks in advance and good luck with your application.

Ali

Hello Ali,

Sorry for the delayed response. I did mention that I worked whilst I was a student. However I did not mention that I worked 20hrs on term time and more during holidays as I assumed the home office will have that information. If there is one thing I have learned, is not to take anything for granted and state in your application even the smallest of detail. I hope yours works out as well.

MunnaUK
Newly Registered

Post by MunnaUK » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:25 am

secret.simon wrote:Give us a brief history of your immigration journey in the UK.

Remember that Section 3C only engages if an FLR/ILR application was submitted before pre-existing leave expires and not if it is submitted late (after the day the leave has expired).

Apply for an SAR with the Home Office to see what they have on record for your leave.

And remember that citizenship is not a part of the immigration process and is governed by separate and unrelated laws. A breach of absence may have been ignored for immigration purposes, but could be taken into account for citizenship/naturalisation purposes.

Sorry for delay in replying to your query.
The letter from HO states that I was here without valid leave in uk for 1 year from 2013 to 2014 when I was granted leave to remain. Therefore I do not to satisfy the criteria at Chapter 18, Annex D, Paragraph 9.7c of the nationality Instructions. Hence my application has been refused.
But my company where I was working has made 2 times ECS in this period and got positive response that I am eligible to work and my case is with Tribunal/HO.

Now I have submitted all my supporting documents including ECS. still waiting for HO reply.

one question. How many days do I have to appeal or make fresh application after the refusal of my application for ILR. I made an appeal while my ILR application and a fresh application when my case was lost.

w55
Newly Registered

Post by w55 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi All,

The reconsideration has been accepted , The HO corrected the mistake and granted the citizenship.

Ana1986
Newly Registered

Post by Ana1986 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Congratulations!

Ana1986
Newly Registered

Post by Ana1986 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:28 pm

Congratulations! How long did you wait? I sent mine in July and still waiting...

MunnaUK
Newly Registered

Post by MunnaUK » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:39 pm

I am waiting since april 2016

danish6889
Newly Registered

Post by danish6889 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:24 pm

hi guys, just wanted to ask you all something.
i have applied for naturalisation but i just realised that the naturalisation process is not a law.
i have had ILR ont bases of 10yrs and i had 96 days gap in between my student application in 2009 it was an in time application but because of payment didn't go through it was refused and sent back.
i got the ILR through my solicitor where he acknowledged my gap and told home office that it was their fault because of payment didn't go through, in a cover letter with my application, and home office granted me ILR.

I WANTED TO KNOW IF THIS CAN EFFECT MY NATURALISATION APPLICATION.

ANY INPUT WILL BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

farfar
Newly Registered

Post by farfar » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:50 pm

somebody sent me a private message called mmc but i have been trying to reply but it keeps saying i dont have permisssion to reply
anyway the solicitor i used in Edinburgh-Scotland

Thanks

Moderator edit: Posting of commercial details removed as against the forum Ts&Cs.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:53 pm

farfar wrote:somebody sent me a private message called mmc but i have been trying to reply but it keeps saying i dont have permisssion to reply
anyway the solicitor i used in Edinburgh-Scotland

Thanks
You don't have rights to use PM feature until you have proved your credentials by making 30 posts.

Anyway better and safer to post in public so all concerned may benefit. After all this is a public internet forum.
And it saves you from the scammers and spammers and snakeoil salesmen/women that have been known to stalk the Boards.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

anana12027
Newly Registered

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by anana12027 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 am

Hi everyone
My application was refused at beginning of September. I have sent it off again for reconsideration and I'm dreading the wait. :(

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:51 am

anana12027 wrote:Hi everyone
My application was refused at beginning of September. I have sent it off again for reconsideration and I'm dreading the wait. :(
Can you share the reason(s) for refusal - as it may be helpful for forum members and you may receive some feedback as to your options.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

anana12027
Newly Registered

Post by anana12027 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:21 am

Hi,
I was told I did not satisfy the residency requirement even though I was granted 5 yr visa in 2010 and indefinite leave to remain in 2015. I have to say I did not even spend a minute of these years outside UK.

anana12027
Newly Registered

Post by anana12027 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:23 am

Hi ,
I was told I did not satisfy the residency requirement even though I was granted 5 yr visa in 2010 and indefinite leave to remain in 2015. I have to say I did not even spend a minute of these years outside UK. This is why I can't get my head around it. My solicitor couldn't believe it either. :roll: :( :roll: :?:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:53 am

anana12027 wrote:Hi ,
I was told I did not satisfy the residency requirement even though I was granted 5 yr visa in 2010 and indefinite leave to remain in 2015. I have to say I did not even spend a minute of these years outside UK. This is why I can't get my head around it. My solicitor couldn't believe it either. :roll: :( :roll: :?:
You need to give a bit more background information. What visa did you have? When exactly did you get ILR and when did you apply for citizenship? What was your immigration status before 2010 in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anana12027
Newly Registered

Post by anana12027 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:26 pm

I was dependant of my mother entered UK when I was 13 and in 2007 granted refugee status in June 2010 for 5 years. June 2015 applied for ILR and got it in 16 July 2015. Applied for Citizenship 20th of July 2016. From 2013 I held travel documents which I didn't use expired in 2015 with my 5 year refugee one and Jan 2016 my new travel document came through. Any idea what is happening?? Is there a time limit to reply to reconsideration?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:12 pm

anana12027 wrote:I was dependant of my mother entered UK when I was 13 and in 2007 granted refugee status in June 2010 for 5 years. June 2015 applied for ILR and got it in 16 July 2015. Applied for Citizenship 20th of July 2016. From 2013 I held travel documents which I didn't use expired in 2015 with my 5 year refugee one and Jan 2016 my new travel document came through. Any idea what is happening?? Is there a time limit to reply to reconsideration?
What is the exact wording of the refusal letter (taking out personal details)?

See also link below, although not relevant now as you have already sent it for reconsideration.

Refused |BC previously Refugee - Letter for Reconsideration (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anana12027
Newly Registered

Post by anana12027 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:13 pm

Hi CR001,
Thanks you for replying. So the letter state " we have received your reply to our request but we cannot be satisfied from the documents available that you meet the residence requirement and your application is refused." And then it goes in about refunding 80 pounds of ceremony fee. Thanks for the link I looked at it. I should mention that we haven't been in the UK illegally at any point. My mom claimed asylum upon arrival at the airport before we cross the border. This is why I'm really confused. I got a solicitor and she wrote a letter saying all this for reconsideration. I hope it comes through quickly as I can't stop thinking about it. It has made me stressed out.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:47 pm

My case as similar like you.
Whats your Status from 2007 to june 2010?
During your family asylum case did get Nus support form?
If all answer positive you will win your reconsideration.

there is no time limit for apply for reconsideration application.
But better to apply ASAP.
anana12027 wrote:I was dependant of my mother entered UK when I was 13 and in 2007 granted refugee status in June 2010 for 5 years. June 2015 applied for ILR and got it in 16 July 2015. Applied for Citizenship 20th of July 2016. From 2013 I held travel documents which I didn't use expired in 2015 with my 5 year refugee one and Jan 2016 my new travel document came through. Any idea what is happening?? Is there a time limit to reply to reconsideration?

anana12027
Newly Registered

Post by anana12027 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:17 am

Hello
Yes this that time we were asylum seekers and getting Nas support. How was your case? Are you still waiting for reconsideration?
If you don't mind share your journey.
Ps I have already sent it off. I even sent all the documents again in case they wanted it.

Safoma
Newly Registered

Post by Safoma » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:21 am

Anna if that's the case, hope you'll get approval. Wish you all the best

Rez57
Newly Registered

Post by Rez57 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:23 pm

Hello all
After about two months I received my refusal letter yesterday ,I share my story with you and appreciate if you can help me.
I came to the uk 2009 as a asylum seeker but before crossed the border I was in France.over there was told by my agent not to given my correct name and date of birth if I arrested by police.unfortunately once I arrested in British check point in port of Calais and fingerprinted and I gave them a false name and DOB.anyway I entered uk after and claim asylum and grant refugee status in 2010.now after about 7 years being in this country legally and lowfully my BC application refused because I gave wrong details to UKBA in France.
"The secretary of state is not satisfied you are a good character as you deliberately tried to mislead a government departmenthat."
This is the only reason why they refused my application..
Do you think it's worth to reconsider or argue the refusal or not?
Please help me if anybody have or heard same situation.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:17 pm

Rez57 wrote:Hello all
After about two months I received my refusal letter yesterday ,I share my story with you and appreciate if you can help me.
I came to the uk 2009 as a asylum seeker but before crossed the border I was in France.over there was told by my agent not to given my correct name and date of birth if I arrested by police.unfortunately once I arrested in British check point in port of Calais and fingerprinted and I gave them a false name and DOB.anyway I entered uk after and claim asylum and grant refugee status in 2010.now after about 7 years being in this country legally and lowfully my BC application refused because I gave wrong details to UKBA in France.
"The secretary of state is not satisfied you are a good character as you deliberately tried to mislead a government departmenthat."
Perhaps you should provide more details so the more knowledgeable members can give their opinion, and the community can perhaps learn from your case.
When became HO aware that you gave them incorrect name and DOB?
All I can point to is the para on deception from the AN_Guide page 19 which you will have read.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2016.pdf
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Rez57
Newly Registered

Post by Rez57 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:13 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Perhaps you should provide more details so the more knowledgeable members can give their opinion, and the community can perhaps learn from your case.
All I can point to is the para on deception from the AN_Guide page 19 which you will have read.
alterhase58 wrote:
Home office became aware when I claimed asylum and fingerprinted me,to somehow two weeks after my fingerprint in France