ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query Recieved on naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imran1u

Query Recieved on naturalisation

Post by imran1u » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:44 pm

Dear All. I applied for naturalisation on 30 Aug 2016 , now on 3rd Nov ( dated 31 oct) I recieved a letter from home office saying my English language doesn't meet new requirements , I can understand that probably my Trinty certificate was passed Jan 2014 and probably now it expired ,I used it when I applied for document certifying permanent residence. The letter also saying that I didn't provided life in U.K. Test . I did provided life in uk test when I applied through NCS . Today I have retaken the English language test . It will take up to 7 working days to arrive . Home office is saying I should provided these documents no later the 14 Nov 2016 otherwise my application be refused . I will provide photo copy of life in U.K. Test which I took in 2012 " hope life in uk test doesn't expire " but my English laugauge test certificate will take up to 7 working days to arrive. They have given me so little time to provide these documents ,and now I am so worried about these things and also concerned have the lost my life in uk test . Need advice how should I go forward.

noajthan

Re: Query Recieved on naturalisation

Post by noajthan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:55 pm

LITUK does not expire.

Unclear why you used English certificate for confirmation of PR - there is no English test on EU route.

Proof of English requirements changed in 2015.
Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:22 am

noajthan wrote:LITUK does not expire.

Unclear why you used English certificate for confirmation of PR - there is no English test on EU route.

Proof of English requirements changed in 2015.
Good luck.
Thanks for the reply , now I have retaken the test , which wil take up to 7 days to arrive , will the accept copy of life in uk test . I am so confused what if English certificate doesn't arrive on time . Don't know what to do how should I proceed with this .

hshah123
Newly Registered

Post by hshah123 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:18 am

I thought that NCS only takes copies of the originals and stamps them as true copies and returns originals back to you. How come you dont have the original LIFE in the UK test result?
Also, what box did you tick when you answered the language requirement section? There is one box where, if you have fulfilled this criteria already after 0ct 2013 (e.g. through ILR) then you dont need to prove your language requirements again.
Anyway my advice is email them and let them know you have taken the test and will be sending them the results which you will receive in 7 days. They give you a time limit to get back to them but they dont immediately refuse applications just because you cant get back to them in that time frame (specially when the delay is not caused by you).

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:34 am

hshah123 wrote:I thought that NCS only takes copies of the originals and stamps them as true copies and returns originals back to you. How come you dont have the original LIFE in the UK test result?
Also, what box did you tick when you answered the language requirement section? There is one box where, if you have fulfilled this criteria already after 0ct 2013 (e.g. through ILR) then you dont need to prove your language requirements again.
Anyway my advice is email them and let them know you have taken the test and will be sending them the results which you will receive in 7 days. They give you a time limit to get back to them but they dont immediately refuse applications just because you cant get back to them in that time frame (specially when the delay is not caused by you).
When you apply through NCS , the only thing they take original is life in uk test , the rest is the photo copies of the documents . I had one previously done English language test "trinity college B1 test" which I took in 2012 , English language test is only valid for 2 years , it was expired that's why probably they didn't accepted it . I have permanent residence through European route , didn't required life in uk and English language test. I have taken the English language test again yesterday morning , hopefully get it before the deadline , don't know what to with life in uk test , I do have the photo copy of the life in uk test .Will they accept photo copy of life in uk ? Need advice .

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:36 am

NCS officer didn't stamp my life in UK test ,only she did was made the photo copy and kept the original .

dapto10

Post by dapto10 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:18 pm

imran1u wrote: Thanks for the reply , now I have retaken the test , which wil take up to 7 days to arrive , will the accept copy of life in uk test . I am so confused what if English certificate doesn't arrive on time . Don't know what to do how should I proceed with this .
An option would be to send your LITUK letter and a cover letter / statement to explain why you won't be able to produce your Trinity College certificate by the deadline. Give them exact timing - date of the exam, provisional result, send them a copy of your provisional result and let them know by what date you will be sending the certificate. Drop this in the post via Special Delivery asap and make sure it arrives before the deadline.

The moment your certificate arrives, send it to the Home Office immediately with a new cover letter explaining the situation once again.

If I were you, I'd also send them an email asap to explain why the English language test result will be slightly delayed due to circumstances out of your control. These things stay on record, they won't reject you if you've been honest and have indeed given them all the information you've had at the time.

Good luck.

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:58 pm

dapto10 wrote:
imran1u wrote: Thanks for the reply , now I have retaken the test , which wil take up to 7 days to arrive , will the accept copy of life in uk test . I am so confused what if English certificate doesn't arrive on time . Don't know what to do how should I proceed with this .
An option would be to send your LITUK letter and a cover letter / statement to explain why you won't be able to produce your Trinity College certificate by the deadline. Give them exact timing - date of the exam, provisional result, send them a copy of your provisional result and let them know by what date you will be sending the certificate. Drop this in the post via Special Delivery asap and make sure it arrives before the deadline.

The moment your certificate arrives, send it to the Home Office immediately with a new cover letter explaining the situation once again.

If I were you, I'd also send them an email asap to explain why the English language test result will be slightly delayed due to circumstances out of your control. These things stay on record, they won't reject you if you've been honest and have indeed given them all the information you've had at the time.

Good luck.
Thanks for your reply.
i am trying to find the email address for them .but cant seems to find the right one.Does any member knows the right contacting email address.
Spoke to Trinity college today , if there is anyway i can have my certificate early but they said it will take up to 7 days.
Regards.

newbie0203
India

Post by newbie0203 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi,

I took the test on a Sunday and Test certificate arrived in post on Thursday adn it was last month. So hopefully you will get your soon.

dapto10

Post by dapto10 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:42 pm

imran1u wrote:
i am trying to find the email address for them .but cant seems to find the right one.
Use these:

nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
furtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Write your reference number, surname and the name of the person dealing with your case in the subject field.

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:09 pm

dapto10 wrote:
imran1u wrote:
i am trying to find the email address for them .but cant seems to find the right one.
Use these:

nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
furtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Write your reference number, surname and the name of the person dealing with your case in the subject field.
Thanks All for advice's,
Well i received my English certificate before the deadline and posted to home office the next day ,with covering letter .
Attached the copy of Life in UK Test .
Hopefully its fulfill the requirement what were required.

"I didn't send any email ,telling them that i have posted the certificate to them before the deadline"

Kind Regards