ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alterhase58
Germany

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:53 am

Waqasansaar wrote:Hi everyone

I need a little advice here. I applied for BC on26/07/2016
Biometric done on 11/08/2016. I received letter from HO saying please submit your original passports and ESOL certificate and confirm the details at the back of the letter. This is specifically to see if I meet residence requirement. Second thing at the back of letter it's written should your application be successful your British citizenship certificate show following details. In that details they did a mistake on my country of origin. Any help must be appreciated. Thanks
Write to HO to explain everything - send recorded. include copies of the relevant page(s) from your application form, documents, etc.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:45 pm

All,

I have a question re my NCS/JCAP application sent on 15/10. As I applied on basis of 3 year residency (married to a Brit) my entire qualifying period and related absences were covered on my current (2nd) passport issued in Aug 2012. The NCS lady only took copies of this passport and didn't touch my previous one which expired/cancelled in 2012 and has my original UK entry visa (used for ILR long residence).

Did I need to submit my old passport too or is this OK? :?: :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:16 pm

cyborg001 wrote:All,

I have a question re my NCS/JCAP application sent on 15/10. As I applied on basis of 3 year residency (married to a Brit) my entire qualifying period and related absences were covered on my current (2nd) passport issued in Aug 2012. The NCS lady only took copies of this passport and didn't touch my previous one which expired/cancelled in 2012 and has my original UK entry visa (used for ILR long residence).

Please refrain from posting the same question in multiple threads, one post is sufficient. If HO want to see your other passport, they will write to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:24 pm

CR001 wrote:

If HO want to see your other passport, they will write to you.
OK, so what you are saying is that the old/expired passport is NOT a mandatory requirement and application won't just be rejected outright because it wasn't sent?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:28 pm

cyborg001 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

If HO want to see your other passport, they will write to you.
OK, so what you are saying is that the old/expired passport is NOT a mandatory requirement and application won't just be rejected outright because it wasn't sent?
It should not be an issue and HO will write to you if you wish to see the original.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Blackhawk80
Newly Registered

Post by Blackhawk80 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:08 pm

Hello all members,I need help .I have recieve a refusal letter today for a naturalisation application.Reason being I did not respond to a request for an original copy of English knowledge certificate.what do I do apply for reconsideration,reapply?also I sent the original copy to the HO late so they have it now.how do I get it back please help with options.thank you.hope I have posted this in the right category.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:16 pm

All, so I gave my biometrics at a post office today. Good service and no wait in which they scanned the letter barcode and took my fingerprints, picture and signature and after that stuck a sticker with serial number on my enrolment request letter to confirm it's done with payment receipt.

Question is: do the biometrics go to HO immediately or directly or is there a manual process open to human error/delays? Do we get a confirmation from HO that they've received these?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:46 pm

cyborg001 wrote:All, so I gave my biometrics at a post office today. Good service and no wait in which they scanned the letter barcode and took my fingerprints, picture and signature and after that stuck a sticker with serial number on my enrolment request letter to confirm it's done with payment receipt.

Question is: do the biometrics go to HO immediately or directly or is there a manual process open to human error/delays? Do we get a confirmation from HO that they've received these?
The data is transmitted to the HO via computer. No manual intervention. You will not receive any further confirmation, except if they want additional information / documents and / or when they have approved your application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:31 am

Hi
Today my citizenship approved after 11 month .i applied in november 2015 and get letter of complex issue as well after 06 month

sud315

Post by sud315 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:25 pm

Same happened to me as well on my last week appointment.
NCS lady only took the current passport as the 5 year period is covered by it. When I asked she said no need the old passport which has UK entry visa.
So it seems they only check the 5 (or 3 years in your case) and not the original visa. So don't panic :)

sud315

Post by sud315 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:26 pm

ALI97 wrote:Hi
Today my citizenship approved after 11 month .i applied in november 2015 and get letter of complex issue as well after 06 month
Congrats Ali! :D wait was worth in the end!!

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi All,

I will be applying this month for naturalisation through NCS.

Do they post it to HO with Royal Mail tracking or not? If not, would I be OK to purchase a royal mail tracked envelope and ask them to use that?

Thank you in advance.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:21 pm

peckhampelican wrote:Hi All,

Do they post it to HO with Royal Mail tracking or not? If not, would I be OK to purchase a royal mail tracked envelope and ask them to use that?

Thank you in advance.
I think it is not necessary because they send all the NCS appointment applications together in a bundle (each application on separate envelope surely). It is not just you who would be having the NCS appointment on that day. So hopefully all will arrive HO safely! (well that's what the lady mentioned to me at my appointment recently)

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:34 pm

sud315 wrote:
peckhampelican wrote:Hi All,

Thank you in advance.
I think it is not necessary because they send all the NCS appointment applications together in a bundle (each application on separate envelope surely). It is not just you who would be having the NCS appointment on that day. So hopefully all will arrive HO safely! (well that's what the lady mentioned to me at my appointment recently)
I received the tracking number when I submitted at the NCS - remember the postage fee is included in your fee so no point doubling up, and NCS bundle the day's applications.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:55 pm

Acknowledgement letter I received today say supporting documents as 1
Photocopied docs say nothing (not show 0 or 1, it is just blank)

How can it be just 1 supporting doc as I have given my LIUK and Msc degree certificate both (NCS has taken a the degree certificate photocopy I believe).
Do I need to ring HO to check this out? :?
Did anyone who receive letters lately have similar issue?
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:39 am

sud315 wrote:Acknowledgement letter I received today say supporting documents as 1
Photocopied docs say nothing (not show 0 or 1, it is just blank)

How can it be just 1 supporting doc as I have given my LIUK and Msc degree certificate both (NCS has taken a the degree certificate photocopy I believe).
Do I need to ring HO to check this out? :?
Did anyone who receive letters lately have similar issue?
Thanks.
It is normal, they do not list every document you send.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sud315

Post by sud315 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:55 pm

Oh ok, thank you CR1 for the reply

edvent
Newly Registered

Post by edvent » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:07 pm

ujp wrote:
edvent wrote:
ujp wrote:Hello,
Im hoping that maybe somebody could advice... I submitted my citizenship application in september, submitted my biometrics beginning of october. Then one day i remembered that i simply forgot to add a 5 days absence from UK on my application. The 5 days wouldn't make any difference, i was out of uk for about 100 days total in the last 6 years. Im worried that my omission could be seen as an attempt to 'hide' it. Like everyone else i signed my application declaring that all i've said it was true.
Do i need to worry? Do i need to contact HO?
Thank you for reading.
I don't think there is anything to worry about but still you SHOULD send a letter to HO explaining the situation (and that's what I would have done in case of being in this situation) and then sit back, relax and wait.
Thank you very much for your reply. I will take your advice and will send them a letter hoping that it will be appreciated correctly as i really meant no harm... Do you think I should send it to the same address i sent the application package? (silly question, sorry...)
Sorry for late reply (I have not subscribed to this thread) but you should have already sent the letter to the same address and do not forget to quote your passport number, date of birth and current nationality with all other details that you think will be helpful for HO to find out who you are and where is you application.

Actually I sent additional information when doing ILR few years ago and it was quite useful/helpful and they accepted the information. I personally wish you and everyone using this forum all the best.

God bless you.

--------------------------
Intentions are Destiny
--------------------------

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:03 am

Hi there,

I have a question regarding Biometric Registration. I will be applying this week. I will be leaving the UK for 2 weeks during the Christmas holiday period.

Does anyone know:

1) How long it take to receive the invitation for biometric enrollment?
2) I assume there will be no such letter coming during the Christmas leave. Is this right?

I am trying to avoid missing the 15 days deadline of enrolling biometrics.

Thanks,

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:51 am

peckhampelican wrote:Hi there,

I have a question regarding Biometric Registration. I will be applying this week. I will be leaving the UK for 2 weeks during the Christmas holiday period.

Does anyone know:

2) I assume there will be no such letter coming during the Christmas leave. Is this right?

Thanks,
1) from my own experience it was two weeks but can take longer (or shorter?) - the timelines in the forum give some idea.
2) the UKVI Christmas working arrangements are not publicised so can't comment on those.
Probably ok to get it done before then but there is the risk of the Christmas post delays .... You should get someone to check your post. Remember it's 15 work days from the date of the letter.
It's a risk you are taking - best to get your application in asap.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:20 pm

Its been 3 months and still no sign of HO letter... I know it might take upto 6 months, But mine is very straight application. Gods must be crazy !

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:21 pm

peckhampelican wrote:Hi there,

Does anyone know:

Thanks,
Please dont do this. Try to give your biometrics and then go for holidays. It wont take more than 2 weeks since you applied

edvent
Newly Registered

Post by edvent » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:28 pm

pentaya wrote:Its been 3 months and still no sign of HO letter... I know it might take upto 6 months, But mine is very straight application. Gods must be crazy !
Immediately write to HO that you have heard nothing back from them because it may be Royal Mail failing to deliver your letter which was the case with me so contacted HO and it was sorted out.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:50 pm

edvent wrote:
pentaya wrote:Its been 3 months and still no sign of HO letter... I know it might take upto 6 months, But mine is very straight application. Gods must be crazy !
Immediately write to HO that you have heard nothing back from them because it may be Royal Mail failing to deliver your letter which was the case with me so contacted HO and it was sorted out.
okay, Sure will do. Is that the 0300 I have to call and give my case number ? or is there any email address I can send an email to please ?

edvent
Newly Registered

Post by edvent » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:07 pm

pentaya wrote:
edvent wrote:
okay, Sure will do. Is that the 0300 I have to call and give my case number ? or is there any email address I can send an email to please ?
I would send a recorded first class letter to the same address where application was sent originally, and including the details like full-name with date/place of birth and original nationality to help HO find out where is application.