ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ivetalopes

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by ivetalopes » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:28 pm

Hi Guys,

My husband received his Permanent residence card today along all documents passports etc

My timeline:

Sent application 13th May 2016
Payment taken 16th May 2016
COA received 21st June 2016 (Biometrics was submitted before)
PR card received 7th November 2016

after 6 months of waiting. we applied with Macarthy transitional arrangements. ....i can't remember exactly the word.

Good luck to all !

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:13 pm

A bit late posting my final timeline but here it is.

Application posted: 02/07/2016
Documents received: 04/07/2016
Payment taken: 06/07/2016
Confirmation email: 04/08/2016
PR dated: 1/11/2016
PR received: 6/11/2016 (envelope sent on the 4/11/2016)

Overall 124 days from receipt to being sent the package back. Not too shabby considering the context and my monster pack which weighed >2 kg.

I had a prepaid envelope as well. I got my stuff back (still need to double check it's everything) minus my nice folder which was a bit of a bummer and no date of permanent residence.

Seems like from July timelines are a bit shorter and even shorter from September.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help and especially noajthan who has been invaluable throughout this process which has taken >6 months.

I am happy to answer any questions by PM or in your separate thread but will try not to 'spam' in this specific thread too much.

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:24 pm

ivetalopes wrote:Hi Guys,

My husband received his Permanent residence card today along all documents passports etc

My timeline:

Sent application 13th May 2016
Payment taken 16th May 2016
COA received 21st June 2016 (Biometrics was submitted before)
PR card received 7th November 2016

after 6 months of waiting. we applied with Macarthy transitional arrangements. ....i can't remember exactly the word.

Good luck to all !

Hi there,
that's a similar case as mine (Macarthy transitional arrangements) as i've just applied few days ago! could you please tell me what was his case based on? as mine was based on my wife who's dual British/EEA nationals (acquired British citizenship while ago), however i had my residence card before October 2012 and that comes under transitional arrangements for family members of dual British/EEA nationals

please if you could let me know that will be great! and also congratulation to your husband :-)
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

minimalrat
Newly Registered

Post by minimalrat » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:50 pm

Hi

I'm new here so apologies if this is not the right place to ask.

I'm an EU citizen and have been in the UK since Sep 2011. I was a student until a couple of years ago and been working full time since. I also worked as part of my degree placement and had summer internships.

I'm just trying to fill in the form and am struggling with a couple of things.

1) My first couple of years as a student I did not keep many records to prove address, etc. I do have bank statements issued now that cover all my time in the UK (over 100 pages!) but obviously they show my current address, not my student one. Is this enough proof that I was using a bank account in those years?
I also plan to ask for a letter from my old GP and landlord if they are willing to confirm I lived there. Do you reckon this is acceptable? They would all be present letters about past facts.

2) I do not remember all my travel dates exactly, particularly old ones. I have requested my flight records but it's been weeks and no reply. Are approximate dates ok? (I may be a few days off, but not more).

Thank you!

ivetalopes

Post by ivetalopes » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi Softy monster

Yes same case. Based on me being with dual nationality ( British/Bulgarian) and my husband also has his residence card issued in 2011 and then the law changed :)

Hope that helps and good luck

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:40 pm

ivetalopes wrote:Hi Softy monster

Yes same case. Based on me being with dual nationality ( British/Bulgarian) and my husband also has his residence card issued in 2011 and then the law changed :)

Hope that helps and good luck
oh yeah really that really helped me mentally :-) at least I wasn't alone!
Also my RC was issued in Oct 2011 which was a year before the new law started, but I had to mention all of that in covering letter + page 45 (of the McCarthy Transitional Arrangement) just incase! Also did they have to mention that in their letter when they have sent his documents back?

Many thanks for your help! :-)

Softy M

EOIN
Newly Registered

Post by EOIN » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:28 pm

Hello Softy M,

We are also McC transitional Non EEA spouse with dual Irish/British national but RC issued Sept 2011. Applications just a few weeks apart. Seems to me that all Non-Eus are taking the full 6 months and most Eus around 4 months.

Good luck.

Appl sent:19/9/2016
Appl rec: 20/9/2016
Payment taken: 22/9/2016
Biometrics letter dated: 04/10/2016
Biometrics done: 10/10/2016
COA letter dated: 12/10/2016
Passport requested back: 06/11/2016
Passport received: ?
PR card received/dated:?

alinna

Post by alinna » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi
I have been following everyone's progress with their applications and wanted now to share my timeline.

Applied on 29/06/16
Payment taken 1 week after
Email received on 02/08/2016
PR received 08/11/2016 dated 28/10/2016

Hope this helps those who applied june/july 16.
Good luck with your applications and thank you for posting here.

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:53 pm

Italian 4/7/2016
Email confirm ion No
Received / 08/11/2016
Thanks good Luke vary one

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:32 pm

EOIN wrote:Hello Softy M,

We are also McC transitional Non EEA spouse with dual Irish/British national but RC issued Sept 2011. Applications just a few weeks apart. Seems to me that all Non-Eus are taking the full 6 months and most Eus around 4 months.

Good luck.

Appl sent:19/9/2016
Appl rec: 20/9/2016
Payment taken: 22/9/2016
Biometrics letter dated: 04/10/2016
Biometrics done: 10/10/2016
COA letter dated: 12/10/2016
Passport requested back: 06/11/2016
Passport received: ?
PR card received/dated:?
Thanks for sharing these information, and i hope you have included a covering letter explaining your situation clearly to your caseworker? I am also willing to request my passport back soon i get the COA letter, no before that just in case!! Did you have to request both passports in one go using the same form or you had to do it twice individually, or was it just for yourself? Just to have an idea when using the online form if my wife's passport comes automatically with mine or have to request it too!

Thanks once again for sharing :-)

Softy Monster

EOIN
Newly Registered

Post by EOIN » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:24 am

EU/British husband only sent an ID card and certified copy of both passports so only asked for non EEA passport back. Yes we did a cover letter and had an immigration lawyer review it and the application which was helpful, mainly on the documentation side of things.

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:30 am

EOIN wrote:EU/British husband only sent an ID card and certified copy of both passports so only asked for non EEA passport back. Yes we did a cover letter and had an immigration lawyer review it and the application which was helpful, mainly on the documentation side of things.
Hi there,
ok I see, for me I had to send my passport, wife's EU passport, but not her British one, and instead I sent her certificate of British citizenship! Also did they mention anything about McCarthy Transitional arrangement, and how they accepted it when they sent his document back?? :-)

Thanks,

Softy Monster

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:26 pm

My wait is also finally over :) I received my DCPR today against the application made on 25/06.

Timelines as below :

Application Sent on 25/06
Application received - 27/06
Confirmation received - 26/07
DCPR Issued : 24/10
DCPR received - 09/11

Good luck everyone.

Nebhepetre
Newly Registered

Post by Nebhepetre » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:17 am

HI.I hope somebody will find it useful.
Application sent: 7/ 07/2016
Application received: ?
Payment taken: 13/07/2016
Confirmation letter from HO: 10/08/2016
Passport requested back: 24/08/2016
Passport requested back again: 22/09/2016
Passport received: 1/10/2016

PR card dated: not yet
PR card received: not yet.
I'm EU citizen.

maryjka11380
Newly Registered

Post by maryjka11380 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:38 pm

For EEA application do I really have to send all of my bank statements for all the 5 years period?

Katlancs
inactive

Post by Katlancs » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:41 pm

maryjka11380 wrote:For EEA application do I really have to send all of my bank statements for all the 5 years period?
As proof of residence? I believe the Home Office want a variety of sources spread across the five years, at least two per year. So a handful of statements rather than all would probably suffice, but it's up to you.

If you're applying as self-sufficient, I'd say almost definitely. It couldn't hurt, though I'm still waiting to hear back about my application - probably because I sent so much...

Just my opinion, don't know if regulations have changed over the past few months since I've looked at what paperwork they need.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:49 pm

maryjka11380 wrote:For EEA application do I really have to send all of my bank statements for all the 5 years period?
What are you trying to demonstrate by doing that?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

gimarwat

Post by gimarwat » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Hello All,
hopefully somebody will find it useful.
Application sent: 12/09/2016
Application received: 13/09/2016
Payment taken: 14/09/2016
Confirmation email from HO: 30/09/2016
Passport requested back: N/A
PR card dated: not yet
PR card received: not yet

We've applied for my wife on the old version of PR app form(EEA3).She is an EU-national and I'm non-EU citizen having my RC since Nov 2012 and will be applying for my PR soon so fingers crossed.
Goodluck all
This is all from MY experience and observations over the past few years. I am not an immigration professional in any way whatsoever.

gimarwat

Post by gimarwat » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:01 pm

in fact I have some questions regarding my PR application which I'm intend to send this month later.

As a non-EU citizen I'll have to submitt biometric information as well.I've given once my biometrics back in 2008 in country of my origion when applied for student visa. Unfortunately I do not remember the exact date.
Question is,
1. can I tick the NO option on the form and explain my situation in covering letter or it's better to tick yes and explain?

My wife has applied for her PR in December 2016 as an EU-national and submitted all relevent original documents along her ID card.
2. Should the copies of all originals along withe her UKVI reference number be eccepted for my PR app?

Thanks
This is all from MY experience and observations over the past few years. I am not an immigration professional in any way whatsoever.

Tanya2007
Newly Registered

Post by Tanya2007 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:34 pm

Tanya2007 wrote:Hello all,
Here is my timeline:
EEA national
Application sent: 27/10/2016
Application received: 28/10/2016
Payment taken: 01/11/2016
Confirmation: 10/11/2016
DCPR received:
Yesterday received a confirmation email.

carlitoo84
Newly Registered

Post by carlitoo84 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Hello everyone,

Me (EU - A8)/ Wife (non-EU). We applied for PR/ RC in May 2016. Below is our timeline:

25-May - Application sent
26-May - Application received
31-May - Payment taken (paid for two applicants)
24-Jun - Biometric enrolment letter (Wife)
27-Jun - Confirmation email with Case ID
01-Jul - Biometric taken and submitted
06-Jul - CoA letter received (Wife)
07-Nov - Return of documents/ passports - Plus a letter addressed to wife (with a different reference number to that from 27-Jun) stating that she'll receive BRC within 10 working days.

All great however, the HO didn't send mine PR at all. They've just returned my old Registration Certificate (blue vignette). Unless they will with wife's BRC? Anyone can explain that, please. Thanks.

TakesLong
Newly Registered

Applied day after referendum 1 accepted 3 rejected

Post by TakesLong » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:21 pm

We applied the day after the referendum as a family, the main applicant got residency the spouse and children were rejected.

I sort of did not get, how many documents the family members themselves have to provide and that the main applicant is the sponsor for the rest of the family, meaning all the sponsor related sections are relevant after all. You need all birth and marriage certificates in english and two separate proofs for the whole period that the children did actually reside in UK. (Nursery, school, GP letters...)

Permanent residency came last week with all documents back, rejection a week later. Since they put up fees for appeal up to 490 from 80 and appeals take up to a year we have to reapply. Hope this helps somebody. And main applicant can not go for naturalisation right away now, since he has to to be EEA national excersising treaty rights for the whole time he acts as sponsor.

Best of luck the everybody else.

Sultan2016
Newly Registered

Post by Sultan2016 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Rejection and Refusal are two different things.

You should file a new application rather than appeal against rejection.

What was the reason of Rejection spouse and kids.

Could you please provide some more details.

Thanks

TakesLong
Newly Registered

Rejected

Post by TakesLong » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:19 pm

Yes I will reapply. I tried to describe that I failed to understand my husband is my sponsor so I did not submit enough evidence. What other details could I have added :?:

Nihtilan
Newly Registered

Post by Nihtilan » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:10 am

Hello everyone,

I'm an EU national and I thought I'd share my timeline so far:

Sent on: 15/10/2016
Received by HO on: 18/10/2016
Payment taken on: 20/10/2016
Email confirmation on: 31/10/2016

I initially came to the UK back in September 2011 as a student. Due to some unfortunate circumstances I had failed a few exams and sat my final exam this year in June and graduated at the same time. I have been working full-time since September 2014 and during my entire stay I have always been self-sufficient and never a burden. I'm a bit nervous about my application as I've previously had a bad experience with the HO - they refused my registration certificate back in 2011 because I had private insurance which stated that I'm not covered for teeth whitening (absurd, right?). Nonetheless, I applied for an EHIC card in my country and re-applied for the registration certificate back in 2012 which got approved.

The reason why I'm nervous is because I stopped renewing my EHIC back in November 2014 because I thought that as I'm employed there is no need to do it anymore. That said, technically I was still a student until I graduated and I wouldn't like the HO to refuse my PR on the basis that I didn't have EHIC while I was a student but employed.

With that in mind, I wrote a cover letter with my application explaining the bits and bobs and I also declared that I wasn't a burden in the 5 year period nor do I intend to become one in the future.

Would really appreciate it if someone could confirm if this would be an issue.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.