ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name on Biometric wrong

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

omya
Newly Registered

Re: Name on Biometric wrong

Post by omya » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:26 pm

I am also in a similar situation. I have received 3 letters for Biometric enrolment in the process of Naturalisation, and guess what, all the names on the 3 letters are wrongly written!! My son's name was written as just his first name, no middle nor family name!! mine and my daughter's are written as initials only!!! I am so angry and worried at the same time, the letter was dated 2/11/16, received yesterday 7/11....so that's alsready 5 days gone of the 15 days limit...I sent an email today to NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk...called their contact phone number and the lady who answered advised me to send an email to the email address above which I already did.....any advise? I am also planning to write a letter and post it first lass to the home office in Liverpool.

Mummy2016
Newly Registered

Post by Mummy2016 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:24 pm

omya wrote:I am also in a similar situation. I have received 3 letters for Biometric enrolment in the process of Naturalisation, and guess what, all the names on the 3 letters are wrongly written!! My son's name was written as just his first name, no middle nor family name!! mine and my daughter's are written as initials only!!! I am so angry and worried at the same time, the letter was dated 2/11/16, received yesterday 7/11....so that's alsready 5 days gone of the 15 days limit...I sent an email today to NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk...called their contact phone number and the lady who answered advised me to send an email to the email address above which I already did.....any advise? I am also planning to write a letter and post it first lass to the home office in Liverpool.
I have a similar situation; names on both letters wrong, for me and my daughter. They letters have our original HO file application names that we have since changed legally. I received the letters yesterday 8th Nov, dated 5th Nov. I have emailed them and sent the registered letter today, with the correct details, as recommended by previous posts here. However, in my search, I came across this new website were you can submit information to request a change:

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/dev/BR ... ation.ofml

It looks promising. Try it out. I got automatic confirmation for both requests. I will let you know my progress.

omya
Newly Registered

Post by omya » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:07 pm

Thank you very much for your reply...hope all goes well for everybody..

atik

Post by atik » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:24 am

Hi All,

I am in same boat, barcode is missing on my son's Biometric letter...

I have taken below steps as people suggested in this forum...

1. Sent an email to : NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (No auto reply ack)

2. Sent an email to: AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk(Got auto reply ack)

3. Submitted here as Mummy2016 suggested : https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/dev/BR ... ation.ofml(Got auto reply ack)

I hope this information will help others...will keep update. Good luck everyone

Thanks

atik

Post by atik » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi,

Did any body got updated biometric letters? Thanks

omya
Newly Registered

Post by omya » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:40 pm

ok guys this is getting really rediculous and serious....I went to the post office, had mine and my daughter's biometric measures taken, but not my son's. The lady said the information is incorrect, and stamped the letter with the words(incorrect info as only 1 name, no middle, nor family name) and the Date, clearly within the 15 days allowed. I scanned everything, emailed it to the email address provided for wrong information, in addition to sending a letter by post, first class, signed for, which was received and I have a copy of the signature of the person who received it in their Liverpool office.

Today, I received a second letter from the home office, regarding my son's biometric enrollment, with the same mistake, his name is written exactly like the previously refused one, also warning me that now I have 10 days to respond as I failed to comply to the first letter!!!!

Is it worth going again to the Post Office, paying for the train journey only to be refused for the same reason, which isnt our fault....I dont really mind doing it, but I am really worried that the 10 days will expire and then the application will be refused and then I'll have to pay £900+ for no fault of mine.

I will remail them, resend a letter by post, attaching all the previous info, hoping for someone with some brain substance to respond properly.

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

atik

Post by atik » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi All,

In addition to above steps mentioned by me in previous post, I have sent a signed for next day delivery post to Home Office explaining the situation.

Today I have received bio-metric letter dated 24 Nov. ? Today successfully enrolled bio-metrics for my son in post office. Yesterday was the last day for previous bio-metric letter. It seems automatically Home Office send 2nd letter if anybody fails to enroll first one. Hope this helps...

Thanks
Atik

user2017
Newly Registered

Post by user2017 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:32 am

Mummy2016 wrote:
omya wrote:I am also in a similar situation. I have received 3 letters for Biometric enrolment in the process of Naturalisation, and guess what, all the names on the 3 letters are wrongly written!! My son's name was written as just his first name, no middle nor family name!! mine and my daughter's are written as initials only!!! I am so angry and worried at the same time, the letter was dated 2/11/16, received yesterday 7/11....so that's alsready 5 days gone of the 15 days limit...I sent an email today to NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk...called their contact phone number and the lady who answered advised me to send an email to the email address above which I already did.....any advise? I am also planning to write a letter and post it first lass to the home office in Liverpool.
I have a similar situation; names on both letters wrong, for me and my daughter. They letters have our original HO file application names that we have since changed legally. I received the letters yesterday 8th Nov, dated 5th Nov. I have emailed them and sent the registered letter today, with the correct details, as recommended by previous posts here. However, in my search, I came across this new website were you can submit information to request a change:

It looks promising. Try it out. I got automatic confirmation for both requests. I will let you know my progress.
Hiya,
Just wondering if you have had any updates since contacting via the online form mentioned. I have the same situation where I have not heard anything back from the biometric department and about to run out of my 15 days window for enrollment.
My Biometric letter has addressed using my maiden name and application is placed with married name. I was thinking as my previous home office reference has used my maiden name, the letter could be reflecting on that. Would it be ok to go ahead with the name in the letter(old name) even though the application has (new name)?

Can anyone help me out on this matter as i am planning to go ahead with biometric enrollment using my old name if i dont hear anything back.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Thanks.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:26 am

user2017 wrote:
Mummy2016 wrote:

Hiya,
Just wondering if you have had any updates since contacting via the online form mentioned. I have the same situation where I have not heard anything back from the biometric department and about to run out of my 15 days window for enrollment.
My Biometric letter has addressed using my maiden name and application is placed with married name. I was thinking as my previous home office reference has used my maiden name, the letter could be reflecting on that. Would it be ok to go ahead with the name in the letter(old name) even though the application has (new name)?

Can anyone help me out on this matter as i am planning to go ahead with biometric enrollment using my old name if i dont hear anything back.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Thanks.
Same here, we received our biometrics with wrong date of birth on my children's letters and even though I emailed and wrote to home office more than once, we still have not received our amended letters. It's been over a month now.

However, I would not recommend you enroll with wrong personal details. You better wait than submit wrong information (that's deception and it will hurt your future applications). Call HO helpline and ask for advice. In my case they asked me to wait and do nothing more! They told me perhaps the Christmas holidays might be a factor of delays. Good luck!

user2017
Newly Registered

Post by user2017 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:23 pm

Thank you for your response.
I still use my maiden name for professional purposes which I have mentioned in the naturalisation application. Assumed it could be a reason why the letter addressed that way. I am anyway planning to wait for a response.
Will post any updates.
Thank you.

karamba123
Newly Registered

Post by karamba123 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:45 pm

Folks, in case anybody may find this helpful. I also didn't receive any form of reply nor aknowlegement from NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (my son's first name has been misspelled) despite of writing to them twice. Instead, I got the second Biometrics letter threatening me of refusing my application. Anyway, after having a good several rounds on the phone I got a different e-mail address to write to (only EU though) : EuroBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I got a response ('no reply" e-mail but something at least!), it tells:
"Thank you for your email to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
If your enquiry is regarding a biometric issue this will be dealt with in the agreed service standards timeframe.
If your enquiry relates to any other issue please go to:
https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration
Please note, we will not reply to your email, and it will be deleted."

I'll let know if I receive any other response, what is "the agreed service standards time-frame" anyway?
In the meantime I think I will post them a letter too, just in case.

hardikrs
Newly Registered

Post by hardikrs » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:58 pm

HI all,

My situation is very similar to what others have mentioned in this thread. I applied for naturalisation for for 4 of us (2 adults, 2 children). We made the application using NCS service of one of the boroughs in London.

Within about 10 days, we received separate Biometric Enrolment letters for all of us. But in my daughter's letter for Biometric Enrolment, her nationality is mentioned incorrectly. Our daughter has different nationality to the three of us, and the letter has mentioned the same nationality for all 4 of us (which is true for the three of us, but not for our daughter).

As suggested above, I have written separate emails to Nationality Biometric email ID and to Appointment Exception email ID. I write a letter to them tomorrow.

I have not been to the Post Office - just to try if they accept my daughter's Biometric with the incorrect nationality on her letter. I am not sure if I should be even trying that. Any suggestions please ?

user2017
Newly Registered

Post by user2017 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:19 am

Hi All, just wanted to update with the response I have received from nationality biometrics team. The issue I was having was,my biometric enrollment letter addressed my maiden name instead of married name which I have used for my application. The reply indicated that, biometrics enrollment letter would always reflect the details home office current hold. So if your previous reference with home office is different to now, they would only consider changing that later on in the process. So I was advised to enroll the biometrics with my maiden name. Hope this helps. Thanks.

karamba123
Newly Registered

Post by karamba123 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:17 pm

I was told at the post office, they are obliged to refuse Biometrics Enrolment applications if any of the data was incorrect. And that what happened to my son whose 1 letter in his first name got misspelled.
A little update here: I finally received a response from the original e-mail address (the one on the letter) NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk after a month. Sent an e-mail on 23.12.16, got a reply on 20.01.17. In the meantime I received the second Biometrics letter, urging us to enrol within 10 working days. I sent another 2 e-mails to them, plus an e-mail to EuroBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk plus a tracked letter posted on the 12th January. I have no idea which way made them to contact me.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:22 pm

hardikrs wrote: I have not been to the Post Office - just to try if they accept my daughter's Biometric with the incorrect nationality on her letter. I am not sure if I should be even trying that. Any suggestions please ?
It's illegal to enrol biometrics with wrong details. Please don't do it. It might hurt your future applications. Just use the email in your letter. They will reply eventually. In my case I have received amended letters after 45 days. Good luck.

mobeen87
Newly Registered

Post by mobeen87 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:37 pm

hamalt66 wrote:
hardikrs wrote: I have not been to the Post Office - just to try if they accept my daughter's Biometric with the incorrect nationality on her letter. I am not sure if I should be even trying that. Any suggestions please ?
It's illegal to enrol biometrics with wrong details. Please don't do it. It might hurt your future applications. Just use the email in your letter. They will reply eventually. In my case I have received amended letters after 45 days. Good luck.
i am in same situation wrong date of birth in my enrolment letter.can u tell me where should i inform by post

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:40 pm

Best thing to do is to email them using the email address in the lettee.

mobeen87
Newly Registered

Post by mobeen87 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:17 am

hamalt66 wrote:Best thing to do is to email them using the email address in the lettee.
thanks for reply.i have informed them by email but no reply till yet.is there any number where you can call and ask about update on this matter

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:45 am

mobeen87 wrote:
hamalt66 wrote:Best thing to do is to email them using the email address in the lettee.
thanks for reply.i have informed them by email but no reply till yet.is there any number where you can call and ask about update on this matter
I'm afraid that's your only option. I remember calling UKVI call center many times and they insisted that the email on the Biometrics letter is the only way to contact the Biometrics team.

mobeen87
Newly Registered

Post by mobeen87 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:23 pm

hamalt66 wrote:
mobeen87 wrote:
I'm afraid that's your only option. I remember calling UKVI call center many times and they insisted that the email on the Biometrics letter is the only way to contact the Biometrics team.
thanks the email is AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.am i write?

mobeen87
Newly Registered

Post by mobeen87 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:16 am

Little update,got new letter with corrrect DOB exactly after 15 working days

Roxie
Newly Registered

Post by Roxie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi, I see that people are frustrated about writing to the correct place for the right letters for biometrics. My daughter got hers recently but they left out just one letter to her name! Who or where do we write to for a quick reply and the correct biometrics letter please?

yankettegal
Newly Registered

Post by yankettegal » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:11 am

Roxie wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:42 pm
Who or where do we write to for a quick reply and the correct biometrics letter please?
I immediately emailed: NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk about the error on mine which was date of birth. No response.

After no response for a week, I emailed: AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk where at least I received an automated response saying that they would forward my email to the appropriate department. By this time I was panicking because the 15 days from the original letter (it took nearly a week to reach me) was expiring so I mailed a registered letter to the Home Office.

Two weeks after the original email I received a response by email saying to take the incorrect form to the post office to enrol the biometrics and they would correct it on their end when it came in. That was not fun in the post office, but once I produced the email from the Home Office and a supervisor stepped in, they allowed me to enrol with the incorrect date of birth.

In the end, something must have worked as I finally received my approval letter last week!

Don't give up and good luck to you!

HelpfulJan
Newly Registered

Post by HelpfulJan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Just in case if anyone bump into this post who wants to know regarding with problem with wrong info on biometric letter.

My experience is as below.

I applied for citizenship, I was holding indefinite leave to remain visa. I had given my fingerprints to home Office before when I applied for IDL And hold a biometric card.

For citizenship application, when I received the biometric letter, the name sequence was wrong and was refused by post office.

I sent email to the home office on Tuesday, explaining the problem. I got the automated reply
, in there, as a note, it says If I have given biometric data to home Office before, I should go ahead providing the fingerprints regardless of error on letter, they will do amendment later in the process.

So I did go to the post office again and did fingerprint process done on Thursday. I emailed them again that I would do so according to their automated reply.

On Friday, I received email saying I have successfully enrolled my fingerprints and my requested changes will be done in the process.

So, it just took 3 working days to get the reply from home office, I didn’t send post mail from post Office, I didn’t have to keep emailing to remind them the case

Hope this info helps to anyone who is facing the problem like mine.

vpalma
Newly Registered

Post by vpalma » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:43 am

Hi. what email did you use to send your complain and what did you put in the subject?