ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employee hours during extension processing

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dangerous Dragon

Employee hours during extension processing

Post by Dangerous Dragon » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:00 am

Guys,

I could not find any question raised on this topic in the forum.

As our extension applications are taking hell lot of time to be processed I just want to raise this question. can the working hours of settled employee during this period of wait be used for final extension or ILR application ??

VWS

Re: Employee hours during extension processing

Post by VWS » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:50 am

Hello

no this cannot be used. the time will count towards legal stay in the country for the ILR application. For example if someone applied in Aug 16 and visa came in Dec 16. These 4 months will count towards the ILR application which means, the person dont have to wait till Dec 18 to send an application for ILR. but for employee hour counter, the clock will set to zero once the visa is received which has to click 12 times each for 2 employees.

hope it makes sense

Goodluck

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:01 am

VWS wrote:Hello

no this cannot be used. the time will count towards legal stay in the country for the ILR application. For example if someone applied in Aug 16 and visa came in Dec 16. These 4 months will count towards the ILR application which means, the person dont have to wait till Dec 18 to send an application for ILR. but for employee hour counter, the clock will set to zero once the visa is received which has to click 12 times each for 2 employees.

hope it makes sense

Goodluck
You are right , solicitor told me the same

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:13 pm

No, 24 months of employment after extension only
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:31 pm

If i am not wrong than we have to wait for 2 years after extension approval date. In my opinion HO should count the Employment hours after you make application as its not fault. Ho is taking time to make decision.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:12 pm

regularuser wrote:If i am not wrong than we have to wait for 2 years after extension approval date. In my opinion HO should count the Employment hours after you make application as its not fault. Ho is taking time to make decision.
No, you get 2 years of visa after extension. You need to technically create 2 positions for 12 months each. So if you create the jobs in the firts year you do not need to wait for anything.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:37 pm

Sorry zimba

Now days applicants spending two much time at extension process I mean if one got first visa dated Jan 2013 and applied for extension at jan 2016 if applicant got visa Jan 2017
And eligible for ilr at Jan 2018 so one got one year.
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Business2business wrote:Sorry zimba

Now days applicants spending two much time at extension process I mean if one got first visa dated Jan 2013 and applied for extension at jan 2016 if applicant got visa Jan 2017
And eligible for ilr at Jan 2018 so one got one year.
That is rare to be honest. Waiting times are around 6 months now for SOME applicants. Unfortunately you have to play these waiting games with HO (waiting time for ILR is officially 6 months too!)

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:14 pm

zimba88 wrote:
regularuser wrote:If i am not wrong than we have to wait for 2 years after extension approval date. In my opinion HO should count the Employment hours after you make application as its not fault. Ho is taking time to make decision.
No, you get 2 years of visa after extension. You need to technically create 2 positions for 12 months each. So if you create the jobs in the firts year you do not need to wait for anything.
Hello zimba

You mention that for after extension 2 positions for 12 months but if some one initial visa issued before 6 April 2014 than it can be one job or more for 24 months.
I know this has been discussed so many times but it's confusing us can you please clarify once more in deep.

Thanks in advance

Dangerous Dragon

Post by Dangerous Dragon » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:28 pm

Thanks for Ur input Zimba & guys. Zimba could you please clarify one more time that we can show one Position for 2yrs if we got our initial visa before April 2014 ??

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:59 pm

Dangerous Dragon wrote:Thanks for Ur input Zimba & guys. Zimba could you please clarify one more time that we can show one Position for 2yrs if we got our initial visa before April 2014 ??
Yes, transitional arrangements allow you to do that

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:00 am

Ali7770 wrote:Hello zimba

You mention that for after extension 2 positions for 12 months but if some one initial visa issued before 6 April 2014 than it can be one job or more for 24 months.
I know this has been discussed so many times but it's confusing us can you please clarify once more in deep.

Thanks in advance
Yes, transitional arrangements apply to your extension period too

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:20 am

Thanks zimba.

Regards