ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Information

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VWS

Home Office Information

Post by VWS » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:14 pm

if the application is sent to HO for extension. in the meantime if an employee check is sent to home office for the director of the company to work in his own company (because its required for some reason). Can this affect the ongoing application if its negative. or if its positive, will this be discussed with case worker?

Also the initial letter for biometric was not received and then a second letter was recieved advising that the given timeframe of 15 days has passed and no biometric prints are provided, and further 10 days are given to provide the biometric details. Will this prolong the application time?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Home Office Information

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:53 pm

if the application is sent to HO for extension. in the meantime if an employee check is sent to home office for the director of the company to work in his own company (because its required for some reason). Can this affect the ongoing application if its negative. or if its positive, will this be discussed with case worker?
Who is going to send such a request ?? Why do you check yourself ?? Who said such a thing is required for a director ???
If another company needs to do that for a contract with you, then it means that they are either trying to hire you or they expect you to work in capacity of an employee (contract of service), both of which are not allowed.
Also the initial letter for biometric was not received and then a second letter was recieved advising that the given timeframe of 15 days has passed and no biometric prints are provided, and further 10 days are given to provide the biometric details. Will this prolong the application time?
Yes, you need to provide the Biometrics as soon as you can.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

VWS

Post by VWS » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:12 pm

zimba88 wrote:Who is going to send such a request ?? Why do you check yourself ?? Who said such a thing is required for a director ???
If another company needs to do that for a contract with you, then it means that they are either trying to hire you or they expect you to work in capacity of an employee (contract of service), both of which are not allowed.
This was just a general question asked by my friend. Go easy on me please :shock: :mrgreen: So this means it will or it can affect the application.
zimba88 wrote:Yes, you need to provide the Biometrics as soon as you can.

Biometrics were provided the very next day of the letter. Can this prolong the time which is already a long wait? :roll: :shock:

thanks

Dangerous Dragon

Post by Dangerous Dragon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:13 pm

Zimba,

My company received a letter from UKVI requesting to check my eligibilty to work as I am registered as an employee and I am on Payroll to. I have to check the Employee checking service and keep a copy of it.

zimba88 wrote:
Who is going to send such a request ?? Why do you check yourself ?? Who said such a thing is required for a director ???
Yes, you need to provide the Biometrics as soon as you can.

VWS

Post by VWS » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:59 pm

Dangerous Dragon wrote:Zimba,

My company received a letter from UKVI requesting to check my eligibilty to work as I am registered as an employee and I am on Payroll to. I have to check the Employee checking service and keep a copy of it
Can u please share how long they took to return the check and what was the outcome please?

Also did u gave details of your company as employer details and yourself as an employee?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:03 am

This was just a general question asked by my friend. Go easy on me please :shock: :mrgreen: So this means it will or it can affect the application.
:lol:
Biometrics were provided the very next day of the letter. Can this prolong the time which is already a long wait? :roll: :shock:
HO will no start processing your application until Biometrics is done. On average, should not prolong it much further given that the average waiting time is now quite long
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:06 am

Dangerous Dragon wrote:My company received a letter from UKVI requesting to check my eligibilty to work as I am registered as an employee and I am on Payroll to. I have to check the Employee checking service and keep a copy of it.
You don't have to do that. That is a generic letter being sent to companies which have non-EEA employees on the payroll, urging them to do work eligibility checks with HO. This does not mean you need to run a check on yourself though :roll:

Just make sure to do this check on any non-EEA employees you have on payroll, like someone who is on ILR, dependant visa, Tier 1 general etc.

VWS

Post by VWS » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:07 am

zimba88 wrote:Dangerous Dragon wrote:
My company received a letter from UKVI requesting to check my eligibilty to work as I am registered as an employee and I am on Payroll to. I have to check the Employee checking service and keep a copy of it.
Thanks for the response zimba

Still waiting to hear from dangerous dragon on
VWS wrote:
Can u please share how long they took to return the check and what was the outcome please?

Also did u gave details of your company as employer details and yourself as an employee?

Thanks

Dangerous Dragon

Post by Dangerous Dragon » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:20 am

Thanks for explanation Zimba,

@VWS , they took 5 working days for reply from ECS, I dont have access to see PMs.
VWS wrote:
zimba88 wrote:Dangerous Dragon wrote:
Thanks for the response zimba

Still waiting to hear from dangerous dragon on
VWS wrote:

Thanks

VWS

Post by VWS » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:25 am

Dangerous Dragon wrote:@VWS , they took 5 working days for reply from ECS, I dont have access to see PMs.
Many thanks, Could you discuss the details please like what was the outcome and did you provided your details as in employee and your companies detail in the employer section?

VWS

Post by VWS » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:34 am

Thank you for using the Employer Checking Service.

ECS checks are not appropriate for those engaged by you in a self-employed capacity. As an employer you are only required to undertake checks on individual workers who are employed directly by you i.e. you are responsible for deductions of tax and National Insurance contributions.

This was the reply my friend received when he applied for his ECS check. This is also the reason I am asking you the details and the outcome.

If you can share this info please, this can help someone really in need.

Thanks

Dangerous Dragon

Post by Dangerous Dragon » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:09 am

Please fill in your company details in company section and you need to give an email address (company email id if possible), they will check if u have invested the investment and will email you confirmation.
VWS wrote:
Dangerous Dragon wrote:@VWS , they took 5 working days for reply from ECS, I dont have access to see PMs.
Many thanks, Could you discuss the details please like what was the outcome and did you provided your details as in employee and your companies detail in the employer section?

VWS

Post by VWS » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:16 am

Dangerous Dragon wrote:Please fill in your company details in company section and you need to give an email address (company email id if possible), they will check if u have invested the investment and will email you confirmation.
Many thanks :)

i think you are not comfortable sharing the outcome of the ECS check. if you have already received it, this wont make any difference to it. Kindly if you can just tell the outcome if you dont mind.

My friend for which I am discussing this, provided the info in the same way but dont know why they have responded as shown in the email on previous message.

THANKS

Dangerous Dragon

Post by Dangerous Dragon » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi VWS,

Please find below email from ECS after my request

Thank you for using the Employer Checking Service (ECS).

We have previously advised that the PDF and Word versions of the ECS form had been removed from the Gov.UK web site. We further advised that these versions of the form could not be accepted after 31st January 2015. We will therefore be unable to action this request.

The link below will take you to the Eform which has now been in operation for some time.

https://www.immigrationstatuscheck.serv ... employers/

After few days received an email to my compnay asking if I have invested required amount or not which my HR replied to and after three days I received a PDF attachment.

VWS wrote:
Dangerous Dragon wrote:Please fill in your company details in company section and you need to give an email address (company email id if possible), they will check if u have invested the investment and will email you confirmation.
Many thanks :)

i think you are not comfortable sharing the outcome of the ECS check. if you have already received it, this wont make any difference to it. Kindly if you can just tell the outcome if you dont mind.

My friend for which I am discussing this, provided the info in the same way but dont know why they have responded as shown in the email on previous message.

THANKS

VWS

Post by VWS » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:34 pm

Dangerous Dragon wrote:Hi VWS, Please find below email from ECS after my requestThank you for using the Employer Checking Service (ECS). We have previously advised that the PDF and Word versions of the ECS form had been removed from the Gov.UK web site. We further advised that these versions of the form could not be accepted after 31st January 2015. We will therefore be unable to action this request. The link below will take you to the Eform which has now been in operation for some time. https://www.immigrationstatuscheck.serv ... employers/After few days received an email to my compnay asking if I have invested required amount or not which my HR replied to and after three days I received a PDF attachment.
Many thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your help. I used the same link for my friend, but I was asked whether he will be working in capacity of an employee or self employed.

so does this mean they gave a positive response to yourself after filling this form out. I have seen the PDF attachment they send but that was for someone who is not on T1 entrepreneur visa. I am just asking this because one of my friends is really stressed because of this as he is on ENT t1 visa and his application is with homeoffice for extension. Although this makes no sense to me but still if you can specify that did you received a positive response or was it negative.

Also do you think this can affect the application in any way?

once again thanks for sharing the info :)

Dangerous Dragon

Post by Dangerous Dragon » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:28 am

I marked that field as employee as I am not self employed. I have no information regarding self employed employees as I don't have one.

VWS wrote:
Dangerous Dragon wrote:Hi VWS, Please find below email from ECS after my requestThank you for using the Employer Checking Service (ECS). We have previously advised that the PDF and Word versions of the ECS form had been removed from the Gov.UK web site. We further advised that these versions of the form could not be accepted after 31st January 2015. We will therefore be unable to action this request. The link below will take you to the Eform which has now been in operation for some time. https://www.immigrationstatuscheck.serv ... employers/After few days received an email to my compnay asking if I have invested required amount or not which my HR replied to and after three days I received a PDF attachment.
Many thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your help. I used the same link for my friend, but I was asked whether he will be working in capacity of an employee or self employed.

so does this mean they gave a positive response to yourself after filling this form out. I have seen the PDF attachment they send but that was for someone who is not on T1 entrepreneur visa. I am just asking this because one of my friends is really stressed because of this as he is on ENT t1 visa and his application is with homeoffice for extension. Although this makes no sense to me but still if you can specify that did you received a positive response or was it negative.

Also do you think this can affect the application in any way?

once again thanks for sharing the info :)

VWS

Post by VWS » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:05 am

Dangerous Dragon wrote:I marked that field as employee as I am not self employed. I have no information regarding self employed employees as I don't have one.

Thanks. Still u forgot to tell that was the check positive or negative as in right to work?

I get that info like u advised that ur details were entered as employee and ur companies details as employer

VWS

Post by VWS » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:11 pm

dangerous dragon

any Update :idea: :arrow: :!:

Dangerous Dragon

Post by Dangerous Dragon » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:19 pm

Hello VWS,

Yes I got a positive reply for my ECS check valid for 6 months. They also mentioned that we can reply early if our application taking more than 6 months.
VWS wrote:dangerous dragon

any Update :idea: :arrow: :!:

VWS

Post by VWS » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:21 pm

many thanks :)

gt23

Post by gt23 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi

Does ECS check have any negative impact on extension application? Are we even allowed to do this check?

Have you had your decision @dangerousdragon for your application?

Thanks