ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - pay inconsistent with work permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yeashi
Newly Registered

ILR - pay inconsistent with work permit

Post by yeashi » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:07 pm

Hello,

I am due to apply for ILR in around 2 months time.
All this time, I have been on the work permit for the same employer.

However when I joined the company I had no choice and the employer offered me half of what he applied for, in the work permit. Which means my pay is half of what is mentioned on the work permit.

Q 1) Is this going to affect my ILR application ?
Q 2) Should I mention the net pay which I am drawing or what i am supposed to draw, on the application form ?
Q 3) My wife is working. Does this have any positive affect on my application, since there is some more cash coming in the house for supporting ourselves ?

Please let me know incase someone knows about a similar case in the past, as this is bugging me a lot.

tia,
Y

K2004

Post by K2004 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:20 pm

I had a similar case as yours, I put my real salary in the net amount box not as per the work permit, and they never asked me for payslips(so no lies in my application). so everything was smooth and got my ILR. funny enough,three months down the line and I am still working for the same employer , I used to dream everyday of leaving them.(oh they still dont know that I got ILR )

I think that HO dont care about your workpermit, you are applying to ILR on basis that you were working 4 years in the UK, whatever your salary is.

good luck

:wink:

george_by
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - pay inconsistent with work permit

Post by george_by » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:52 pm

yeashi wrote:Hello,

I am due to apply for ILR in around 2 months time.
All this time, I have been on the work permit for the same employer.

However when I joined the company I had no choice and the employer offered me half of what he applied for, in the work permit. Which means my pay is half of what is mentioned on the work permit.

Q 1) Is this going to affect my ILR application ?
Always be honest in the application form and state your real income. If caseworker notices discrepancy with work permit on ILR interview, it will be much bigger problem for your employer than for you - they are breaking the law and risk big fine and all future WP applications declined. Legally you would be in a strong position to defend your right for ILR.

If on the application form you stated income which is different from what you were actually getting, and caseworker noticed it, you would be refused ILR, and might be prosecuted for immigration offence.