ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My mum visit visa was refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TUNDE0677
Newly Registered

My mum visit visa was refused

Post by TUNDE0677 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi guys, I just become British citizen view months ago, and I have been in UK for past 8years. I recently invited my mum who age is 65yrs and reason for her refusal was that her invitation time was too short due to the fact that she had not seen her daughter for the past 8years. In the application I said she would come to spend 3weeks with me and her grand daughters, since she has not seen them before.
The ECO said she was not convinced that she would stay that short period.
Please what can I do, I can go to her because it would cost me more and if she come it's less money to spend.
Do I need to reapply and state the reason why I have not invited since.
Please help!!!!!!

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: My mum visit visa was refused

Post by ohara » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:28 pm

What were the exact reasons for the refusal? Did your mum provide evidence to show she had strong links to home country, and that she would return?

TUNDE0677
Newly Registered

Post by TUNDE0677 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:52 pm

The exact refusal reason was because it's been 8years I have been living in UK, and ECO doesn't satisfy that that my mum will return after 3weeks of visiting because it's short. I will post the exact wording once I get hold of the decision letter.
As for the strong tie back home, I got my siblings back home, but they are adult no much questions about them in the application, as they only asked if anyone will follow in the trip to UK and she said No.
Is 3weeks too small for invitation of family and where does the rule says that, what if I changed it to 3 month. I only want to make it short this time because of the season since its her first time.

TUNDE0677
Newly Registered

Post by TUNDE0677 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:59 pm

Anyone with help in my case, maybe to reapply and how long will i say invitation letter?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:16 pm

To be honest, this is the first time I've seen a refusal on the forum due to the visit being considered as 'too short'. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Prem

Post by Prem » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:16 pm

TUNDE0677 wrote: As for the strong tie back home, I got my siblings back home, but they are adult no much questions about them in the application, as they only asked if anyone will follow in the trip to UK and she said No.
I think you should have provided proof of these ties, that is what they are looking for. Would be good to get the exact refusal wording.
Visa: Spouse
Sub: 24/06/09 Cochin
Result: ISSUED 21/08/09
Visa: ILR
Sent: 08/10/11
Rece: 31/12/11
Citizenship
Sent: 12/03/19
Rece: 20/05/19
Cerm: 12/06/19
Passport
Sent: 15/06/19
Rece: 25/06/19
Surrender
Sent: 11/01/22
Rece: 14/01/22
OCI Next

TUNDE0677
Newly Registered

Post by TUNDE0677 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:16 pm

This are decision from ECO
* I have refused your application for visit visa because i am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph V4 of Appendix V immigration rule of Visitors because:

*I not that you have application from you have stated that you wish to visit your daughter and family in UK for a period of 3 weeks. You have stated your daughter will be funding your trip.

*I note that you have not travelled out of your country before, that you are widowed and you are supported by your daughter, with no notable forms of personal income in your country. I note that your daughter has only recently been issued with a British passport on so... so... date and that your daughter has been in UK since 2008.

* I do not find it credible given your daughter has been in the UK for more than 8years that you would only now submit an application to visit her, and given your lack of circumstances here in your country, i do not find it credible that you would leave the UK at the end of your proposed trip.

* Given the above, I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities that you are genuinely seeking entry clearance for the propose and period stated by you as noted in paragraph V 4.2 (a), (b) of the immigration Rules.

Looking at this decision, the applicant does not invite herself, i am the one inviting with my documents, and i can only invite her when its convenient for me to do so, why would ECO based the decision on years.

Please anyone with the way forward on this, what can i do in the next application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:23 pm

So where in that did UKVI say 'refused for wanting to visit for too short a time'???

Their points appear valid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TUNDE0677
Newly Registered

Post by TUNDE0677 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:00 pm

Well, i dont understand what you meant by their point is valid? So because i have not invited my Mum for the past 8 years means the ECO is right to denied her, i have my valid reason for not inviting her before and i believd this should not a criteria for the decision because if its not economical for me invite her before as i do not have a better job to finance her trip, they will out rightly denied her the visa, i waited till i get a better job and accommodation to support her travelling.

Also, i do not understand lack of circumstances with what ECO said, does that mean she should look for a tie in the home country, i never consider this because i was financing her trip including accommodation in UK.

Please i just need a way forward.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:11 pm

ALL visit visa applicants have to submit evidence of personal and financial circumstances and ties to home country, regardless of who is paying for the trip. Without this evidence, virtually zero chance of getting a visa.

It is unfortunate, but years of visit visa abuse has lead to this tight scrutiny, especially over the past year or so. You only have to read the forum posts of refusals to realise.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TUNDE0677
Newly Registered

Post by TUNDE0677 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:49 pm

well, if that is the case then they should take their visa then. When i save enough money i will visit her.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:12 am

Only telling you the way it is, HO is becoming tougher and everyone suffers. We don't sugarcoat things on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

TUNDE0677
Newly Registered

Post by TUNDE0677 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:11 am

I really appreciate your effort for the response, something just came to mind now, my mum still got an aged mum who is currently living with her, it was mentioned in the application form and also the current house my mum living belong to her husband before she died, could that be a strong tie the ECO is looking for, for her to returned back to home country.

Maybe i can raised that in the next application, my mum is over 60 yrs she is not coming to overstay because the she got mother back who is close to 90 years now.

Please kindly advise.