ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard visitor visa for step children

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cooperman123

Standard visitor visa for step children

Post by cooperman123 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:30 pm

Hello can someone give me some advice about applying for a visa for my wife's children. Her son is 17 years old and her daughter is 20. They both currently live with their family in Colombia and my wife has been here on a spouse visa since 2013. We would like to apply for them to come here to the uk in January 2017 for a 2 week holiday. Can someone tell me what visa we will need but equally important what are the chances of us getting a visa for them. I hear that standard visitor visas from poor countries are almost impossible to get. What sort of documents do we need. Do we have to prove we have the funds now to pay for their flights and all costs here. What sort of documents do we need from Colombia. Her son is still at school and her daughter who plans to travel with him is in university but will have a holiday in January for 2 months. Any advice of any sort would be really appreciated by us both as the rules seem so complicated. Thank you so much

Prem

Re: Standard visitor visa for step children

Post by Prem » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:24 pm

The first thing is to search through the 1000's of posts on here regarding standard visit visas, do some research it will help you in the long run.
Visa: Spouse
Sub: 24/06/09 Cochin
Result: ISSUED 21/08/09
Visa: ILR
Sent: 08/10/11
Rece: 31/12/11
Citizenship
Sent: 12/03/19
Rece: 20/05/19
Cerm: 12/06/19
Passport
Sent: 15/06/19
Rece: 25/06/19
Surrender
Sent: 11/01/22
Rece: 14/01/22
OCI Next

Casa

Re: Standard visitor visa for step children

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:32 pm

It's crucial that you submit evidence to strong ties in their home country.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.