ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will I get 2 year EC or 3 year EC?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uk_amit
Newly Registered

Will I get 2 year EC or 3 year EC?

Post by uk_amit » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:24 am

Hi,
I got my HSMP approval in Dec07. If I go for Visa stamping after the new rules come into effect, will I get the visa for 2 years or is it for 3 years. Any information about this will be very useful.
Thanks
Amit.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Will I get 2 year EC or 3 year EC?

Post by gotcha » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:18 pm

uk_amit wrote:Hi,
I got my HSMP approval in Dec07. If I go for Visa stamping after the new rules come into effect, will I get the visa for 2 years or is it for 3 years. Any information about this will be very useful.
Thanks
Amit.
To get 3 years EC, you need to apply with new points criteria, whenver it will be implemented. In short, you have to undergo whole process under that rule.

quite eager

Post by quite eager » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:56 pm

I tend to agree with Gotcha. However, would request for more comments on this.
Quite Eager

uk_amit
Newly Registered

Post by uk_amit » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:06 am

Hello Gotcha,

Do you mean..
1) I have to apply HSMP in the New criteria or...
2) I have to apply EC in the new criteria.
Can you please clarify...

I already have HSMP approval with me and I don't want to apply it again for getting 3 year visa. My query is only about EC application.
gotcha wrote:To get 3 years EC, you need to apply with new points criteria, whenver it will be implemented. In short, you have to undergo whole process under that rule.

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:53 pm

I think it is option 2.
If you apply for Ec in the new rules, you will get the visa for 3 years. Anyway we will hear from others too.

quite eager

Post by quite eager » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:00 pm

I believe someone already having hsmp approval cannot apply for EC for three years under new rules. Probably in the new system, hsmp approval and EC would be covered together in one step.
Can some expert shed more light on this?
Quite Eager

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:10 pm

Clubbing the two (HSMP + EC) in one step would make the process Very Very Efficient (Both time and money wise). Hence it is very very unlikely to happen.

I would be ready to take a print out of my post and eat it if this happens in 2008.

Nevertheless I wish that the two were combined!

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:01 am

i agree with gotcha, i think if you hold HSMP stamped before march 08,you will get stamped for 2 years VISA ,even if you apply after march08 for EC.

nerellg
Newly Registered

Got HSMP in Dec 2007

Post by nerellg » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:01 am

Hi,

I Got an an HSMP approval in December 2007 and yet to file an application for EC, But my current employer is sending me to Belgium for 1 Year and I will be travelling to Belgium to in Fec 2008. Now my Question is will I able to file an EC in Belgium in Marcch 2008 with the HSMP aprroval letter which has been issued to my Indian Address?

Kindly tell me your views on this

Regards
nerellg

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:30 am

as far as i know, if you are on valid VISA to other country ( work permit or other permanent VISA unlike tourist visa etc..) then you can apply for EC from that country...

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:43 am

cdraina wrote:Clubbing the two (HSMP + EC) in one step would make the process Very Very Efficient (Both time and money wise). Hence it is very very unlikely to happen.

I would be ready to take a print out of my post and eat it if this happens in 2008.
All the best. Please keep us posted if you eat it :lol:

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:27 pm

U will get 2 years. Do not talk about the new system it has not been implemented yet.
uk_amit wrote:Hi,
Thanks
Amit.
Pantaiema

uk_amit
Newly Registered

Post by uk_amit » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:04 am

Hello all,

Please see my queries on the new rules.

1) Is there any better picture on this (2 year visa or 3 year visa)?
2) When exactly will the new rules come into effect?
3) Will there be any increase in the EC fee in the new rules.

Please help.
Amit

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:12 am

You have an HSMP approval under the current scheme...and will have your visa stamped for 2 years no matter you apply for your EC after March. Or else, everyone would just qualify under the present scheme and wait till march to get heir ECs..which makes no sense to ppl who implemented the rules for HSMP

daylebo5
Newly Registered

Post by daylebo5 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:17 am

just a small query in relation to EC.. sorry uk_amit

If you get a EC stamp for 2/3 years.. does this period of 2/3 years start from the date the visa is stamped or the date you enter the country...

Also what the max amount of time you have to enter the uk after getting EC stamped ?

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:06 am

-- The period starts from the date of stamping

-- In order file for FLR, you need to stay in UK for a stipulated amount of time...I guess you should be in UK atleast for 11 out of 12 months in a year...so, as long as u satisfy this req, you can enter whenever u want from the date of stamping

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:51 am

daylebo5 wrote:just a small query in relation to EC.. sorry uk_amit

If you get a EC stamp for 2/3 years.. does this period of 2/3 years start from the date the visa is stamped or the date you enter the country...

Also what the max amount of time you have to enter the uk after getting EC stamped ?
You could request a delayed stamp of 3 months. But after that, your countdown starts. For FLR you have to show the earning of the last year of the 2 year visa. But for the ILR, you have to show 5 years of UK residence not unbroken for more than 90 days. So the moment you step out of Heathrow, and register with the met, ur clock for ILR starts ticking.
Third World Traveller

daylebo5
Newly Registered

Post by daylebo5 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:45 am

thanks HSMP_maybe and reincarnation.. just one more query...

with the new HSMP rules you get a 3 years and then you apply for FLR which is for 2 years... assuming you travel initally to UK 6 months after getting EC stamp... thus after your FLR expires you would have 4 1/2 years in UK and you still won't be able to apply for ILR.. what happens in this situation ?

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:54 pm

daylebo5 wrote:with the new HSMP rules you get a 3 years and then you apply for FLR which is for 2 years... assuming you travel initally to UK 6 months after getting EC stamp... thus after your FLR expires you would have 4 1/2 years in UK and you still won't be able to apply for ILR.. what happens in this situation ?
One applies for a further round of FLR, to cover the time until one would be eligible for ILR.

kmsr1234

Post by kmsr1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:01 am

hI UK_amit,
You will be given a 2 year visa irrespective of when you have applied for your EC because you got the approval in dec2007.

Yes there is a fee increase from 400pounds to 600 pounds for all HSMP applications.........under the new scheme which is Tier based system in MARCH of 2008
knowledge increases when you share it
-----------------------------------------
EC Applied: VFS_HYD 31/DEC/07
Integra Verification : 4/jan/08
Integra report to BHC : No Idea
Final Result : Waiting
-----------------------------------------

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:06 pm

cdraina wrote:Clubbing the two (HSMP + EC) in one step would make the process Very Very Efficient (Both time and money wise). Hence it is very very unlikely to happen.

Nevertheless I wish that the two were combined!
This is from the popup on the VFS India website :
From April the new system will begin overseas rollout when anyone applying in India who wants to work in the UK as a highly skilled migrant will also need to apply under PBS. Details of the new application procedure and new forms will be posted on this site in March. Any applications made from India before 1st April will follow the existing two-stage process, whilst from 1st April it will be a single decision made in India .

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:10 pm

IMP thing is both steps will be "IN INDIA"..So u(future HSMP applicants) need NOT send all Docs to UK ????THAT WOULD BE GREAT ....

daylebo5
Newly Registered

Post by daylebo5 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:23 am

well it would be logical to do this since in the new HSMP rules, there is a check for the maintenance..
but i still have my doubts .. lets wait till march and c how things change...

uk_amit
Newly Registered

Post by uk_amit » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:23 pm

Is there any updated answer for my initial question, based on the new documents on new rules....?

I got my HSMP approval in Dec07. If I go for Visa stamping after the new rules come into effect, will I get the visa for 2 years or is it for 3 years?

I am yet to apply for EC.... :-(

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:00 am

Amit:

You will get 2 years for your initial visa since you qualified under the old rules.

The new rules are not in effect yet. When they are, the process will be one step, meaning that HSMP will be approved and your FLR issued at the same time. There will be no need for a second step, since it will be combined with the first step. This does not apply to you, so you'll get 2 years initially.

:-)