ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to ILR - Success Story

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bnk9
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General to ILR - Success Story

Post by bnk9 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:54 am

Hi,

Just wanted to share my experience here for someone who is looking for help. I have applied for ILR yesterday (15th Nov) at Croydon center on a premium application. My settlement (ILR) got approved :) Below are the list of documents i carried and some tips.

1. SET(O) Application.
2. Application Booking Checklist.
3. Employer letter stating annual pay, continuous employment and absences from the UK.
4. Payslips for 6 months (3 months is enough)
5. P60s for last 5 years (not mandatory, but good to carry)
6. Bank Statements for 6 months (3 months is enough)
7. Life in the UK test PASS certificate.
8. Master's degree certificate to prove English language.

Appointment Process: 9AM Appointment
8:30AM - Reached Croydon office. Gone through security check.
8:45AM - Reception on 3rd floor. They checked the appointment time and provided with a token number (remember this will be the token for the entire day. memorize it as you will hear the number several times on the announcements during the process)
9:15AM - Case registration - They took all documents and put them in a plastic envelop and asked me to wait for biometric process.
9:45AM - Biometric registration - Took Finger prints and photo. I was given two options. To wait at the cafeteria until the case is considered i.e. 60-90 minutes (or) Leave the building and they will call when there is an outcome of the application. I chose to wait at the cafeteria.
10:45AM - An announcement which said due to some IT technical problems the application process is bit delayed. There are screens in the cafeteria with token numbers displayed with statuses.
11:30AM - Moment of truth :) My token was announced to collect the documents. The case worker smiled and told me "Your application has been successful and will receive BRP card in 5 days time"

Tips:
1. Take photo copies of all the documents you are providing, except SET(O) application form. This will make the case worker's life easier and chances of your application being processed quicker than others.

Any questions? happy to answer

Jon Pasha
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR - Success Story

Post by Jon Pasha » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:28 pm

congratulations mate ... :)

mhraja
Pakistan

Post by mhraja » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:16 pm

Hi congratulations!!!

Regarding the third point:
3. Employer letter stating annual pay, continuous employment and absences from the UK.
Is there's a specific format for the letter or anything would work?

And how do they mention absences from UK? I mean sometimes I went out of UK just for weekends. Does the employer needs to mention those absences as well?

Many Thanks

bnk9
Newly Registered

Post by bnk9 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Hi mhraja,

Any format would do as long as it states the required details. You can find sample format in this forum. Yes, even if it is a weekend also you need to mention in the letter i.e. date out, date in, reason for leaving. In general employer only care for the absences they have approved and paid for.

Hope i have answered your question.

alicamran
Newly Registered

Post by alicamran » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Hi mhraja,
Many Many Congratulations, hope you will be planing of your future live after ILR. i am on same route and not too far away to get ILR but i have a question. did HO ask you about salary of 35k
i mean how did you manage 35k before applying ILR

Thanks
look forward your good reply

Pras2016
Newly Registered

Post by Pras2016 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:57 pm

Hello Congrats on your ILR!

I'm due to apply for my ILR next year.
Regarding your application form, did you apply using the category Tier 2 migrant or Work Permit holder?
From reading the document requirements, both have a slightly different requirement in respect to employment letters.

Thank you and looking forward to your reply.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:25 pm

Congrats buddy

prss_vel83
India

Post by prss_vel83 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:56 pm

Congrats.,

I am applying from Tier 2 ICT to ILR. My employer refused to provide to mention my absences in detail. I managed to get the below letter. Please suggest how to proceed .

---------------------

This is to certify that Mr. xxx is an employee of YYY
He is currently deputed to TCS UK, working as an Technical Architect (SOC Code: 2135)
for customer A in London. He is here on a work permit and is expected to continue in
the employment for the foreseeable future. His date of joining YYY is 01/09/2006. His date
of arrival into the UK is 10/001/2009.
We confirm that his gross annual salary is £44,333.
As per our records XXX is residing
at: ZZZZ

This letter of reference is issued for XXX for submitting to Home Office UK. I can also confirm that all his absences out of U.K during this employment were paid annual leaves or for job related to UK projects with the authorisation from us.

-------------------------

iforilr
inactive
India

Post by iforilr » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:45 pm

bnk9 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:54 am
Hi,

Just wanted to share my experience here for someone who is looking for help. I have applied for ILR yesterday (15th Nov) at Croydon center on a premium application. My settlement (ILR) got approved :) Below are the list of documents i carried and some tips.

1. SET(O) Application.
2. Application Booking Checklist.
4. Payslips for 6 months (3 months is enough)
5. P60s for last 5 years (not mandatory, but good to carry)
6. Bank Statements for 6 months (3 months is enough)
7. Life in the UK test PASS certificate.
8. Master's degree certificate to prove English language.

Appointment Process: 9AM Appointment
8:30AM - Reached Croydon office. Gone through security check.
8:45AM - Reception on 3rd floor. They checked the appointment time and provided with a token number (remember this will be the token for the entire day. memorize it as you will hear the number several times on the announcements during the process)
9:15AM - Case registration - They took all documents and put them in a plastic envelop and asked me to wait for biometric process.
9:45AM - Biometric registration - Took Finger prints and photo. I was given two options. To wait at the cafeteria until the case is considered i.e. 60-90 minutes (or) Leave the building and they will call when there is an outcome of the application. I chose to wait at the cafeteria.
10:45AM - An announcement which said due to some IT technical problems the application process is bit delayed. There are screens in the cafeteria with token numbers displayed with statuses.
11:30AM - Moment of truth :) My token was announced to collect the documents. The case worker smiled and told me "Your application has been successful and will receive BRP card in 5 days time"

Tips:
1. Take photo copies of all the documents you are providing, except SET(O) application form. This will make the case worker's life easier and chances of your application being processed quicker than others.

Any questions? happy to answer
Hi bnk9,

May be bit delayed but still congrats on getting the Ilr.

I am applying for ilr through tier 2 General route later this year. I got a question about salary threshold.

Was your pay above 35,000k during tier-2-general extension? If not, did your sponsor updated your salary through SMS before applying for ILR?

Just curious to know because my salary during extension was 32,000 in March 2016 and since then due to annual pay rises ( company wide) my pay has gradually raised to 36,450 in July 2017.Since its annual increase my employer says there is no need to update HO.

Really stressed because I get different answers from solicitors on updating salary in SMS.

Please help me on this particular criteria by sharing your experience.

Thanks.

katanayi
Mood:

Post by katanayi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Many congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience.
I am due for ILR next year and I am on Tier2 G currently.

Please clarify my doubts.
1] Did you submit UK University Degree certificate for English language requirement?
2] Is it mandatory to take a letter from employer for absence even if it is only 20 to 30 days per year (annual) leaves without exceeding 180days annually?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Do not dig up old threads, start your own threads for your own queries :!: The OP has not visited since Nov 2016
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice