ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registered within 6 months

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

itk
- thin ice -

Registered within 6 months

Post by itk » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:47 pm

Please can someone enlighten me on this statement below:
"You must have been registered as self-employed with HMRC, registered a new company in which you are a director, or been registered as a Director of an existing company within the 6 months after entering the category (your specified date is defined in the glossary). You must meet the requirement if your previous leave was as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant. You must provide this evidence even if you were registered as self-employed or as a director before you entered the route. Your leave may be curtailed (removed) if you are found not to have fulfilled this requirement..."
I have been a director in my company since 2012 and I got my visa in Feb 2014. please what does the above statement mean? should I have registered another business or what was I supposed to do 6 months after I got my visa.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Registered within 6 months

Post by zimba » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:05 am

No, if you were registered a director before your visa was granted you already met the condition. Relax
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:17 am

Thank you Zimba, most of these solicitor don't even understand that statement. They almost got me apprehensive. The wealth of knowledge in this forum is tremendous and invaluable. I appreciate you bro

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:23 pm

The guide :
You must have been registered as self - employed with HMRC, registered a new company in which you are a director, or been registered as a Director of an existing company within the 6 months after entering the category (your specified date is defined in the glossary). You must meet the requirement if your previous leave was as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant . You must provide this evidence even if you were registered as self - employed or as a director before you entered the route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice