ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No news - application over 6 months old.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jkabawat
Newly Registered

No news - application over 6 months old.

Post by jkabawat » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:14 am

Hi Guys,

I hope you are all well! I sent my application for RC on March 28th, and received by home office on March 29th with postal order payment. I have not heard anything back since getting my passport in May. Should I be worried? Is it normal to wait this long as I thought it is a legal requirement to return them after 6 months at the latest. Should I file a complaint or wait patiently?

Your support is very much appreciated, thanks.

John K.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: No news - application over 6 months old.

Post by Wise » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:22 am

You may call them but am not surprised because of Brexit and if you follow politics a lot is going on now.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

jkabawat
Newly Registered

Post by jkabawat » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:49 am

The thing is I need to get my life in order - I have no problem if they reject me I would just move back to Canad (which I prefer), but I am currently in Limbo and this is causing me tension with my employer. I got a 1a Stamp in September when I was coming back from visiting my folks in Canada. Do you know if that acts as a family permit and hence gives me a 6 month working period? Can I present it to employer?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:01 pm

jkabawat wrote:The thing is I need to get my life in order - I have no problem if they reject me I would just move back to Canad (which I prefer), but I am currently in Limbo and this is causing me tension with my employer. I got a 1a Stamp in September when I was coming back from visiting my folks in Canada. Do you know if that acts as a family permit and hence gives me a 6 month working period? Can I present it to employer?
Yes it does.
You can, but they may not understand it.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

jkabawat
Newly Registered

Post by jkabawat » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:07 pm

noajthan wrote:
jkabawat wrote:The thing is I need to get my life in order - I have no problem if they reject me I would just move back to Canad (which I prefer), but I am currently in Limbo and this is causing me tension with my employer. I got a 1a Stamp in September when I was coming back from visiting my folks in Canada. Do you know if that acts as a family permit and hence gives me a 6 month working period? Can I present it to employer?
Yes it does.
You can, but they may not understand it.
Thank you Noajthan. This is just causing me so much stress with both my partner and my employer. My partner has no wish to move with me to Toronto so its either here or we do long distance. I just want to finalize this whole ordeal either way - by a RC or by a rejection.
Appreciate your answer regarding the Code 1a Stamp, do you know if I can stay here until the six months are over even if RC is rejected? That would be ideal as it would allow me to transition out of here on good terms with my work as well.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:09 pm

Of course you can and if they want prove stubborn as they to call Ho themselves. Did you received (Certificate of application) when you submitted your application back in March at all and if that has expired and they haven't send your RC you may request for another one.

That does not stopping you writing them time to time as it is more than six month now.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

jkabawat
Newly Registered

Post by jkabawat » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:41 pm

Wise wrote:Of course you can and if they want prove stubborn as they to call Ho themselves. Did you received (Certificate of application) when you submitted your application back in March at all and if that has expired and they haven't send your RC you may request for another one.

That does not stopping you writing them time to time as it is more than six month now.
Hi Wise,

Thank you for your information, much appreciated. I will give it until Friday then file a complaint.

Will keep you posted once I have it back.

Best,

JK.

soyerlife

Post by soyerlife » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:18 pm

hello there,
in case you don't know ,the 6 month clock start fron the date of COA not from the date they received your application ,so probably this days you will hear a good news

:)

jtb0

Post by jtb0 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:07 pm

soyerlife wrote:hello there,
in case you don't know ,the 6 month clock start fron the date of COA not from the date they received your application ,so probably this days you will hear a good news

Interesting. How do you know this? Does the HO state this in any publicly available documents?

soyerlife

Post by soyerlife » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:18 pm

jtb0 wrote:

Interesting. How do you know this? Does the HO state this in any publicly available documents?
It's really clear on the COA, don't make contact to us for 6months 6months .....

Noexit
Newly Registered

Post by Noexit » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:33 pm

jkabawat wrote:Hi Guys,

I hope you are all well! I sent my application for RC on March 28th, and received by home office on March 29th with postal order payment. I have not heard anything back since getting my passport in May. Should I be worried? Is it normal to wait this long as I thought it is a legal requirement to return them after 6 months at the latest. Should I file a complaint or wait patiently?

Your support is very much appreciated, thanks.

John K.
Hi hope u well and received your descision from home office. I am in the same page, its over 6 months now and when I called home office they said its still not decided. Dont know what to do. If you please give me an update that would be reallu helpful. Thanks

ijjlian

Post by ijjlian » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:12 pm

This is not true. Clock ticks as of the day they receive your application which you can evidence from the "RoyalPost Signed For" delivery. When 6 months lapse following their reception, you can call them and ask to be called back.

You can also try to send them a letter and ask for an extention on your positive verification for the employer verification service. I remember our HR lady mentioning that positive verification is extended sometimes.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:37 pm

ijjlian wrote:

This is not true. Clock ticks as of the day they receive your application which you can evidence from the "RoyalPost Signed For" delivery. When 6 months lapse following their reception, you can call them and ask to be called back.

You can also try to send them a letter and ask for an extention on your positive verification for the employer verification service. I remember our HR lady mentioning that positive verification is extended sometimes.
My understanding, based on various internal guidance: UKVI/HO count application from date of biometrics.

Isaac90
Newly Registered

Post by Isaac90 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:33 pm

My understanding, based on various internal guidance: UKVI/HO count application from date of biometrics.
@noajthan what do you think about the below quote or do you have link that or where its stated when 6 months actually start?
On receipt of an application under paragraph (1) or (2) and the documents that are required to accompany the application the Secretary of State shall immediately issue the applicant with a certificate of application for the residence card and the residence card shall be issued no later than six months after the date on which the application and documents are received.
What do you think about the above sentence

exegete
Newly Registered

Post by exegete » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:38 pm

I telephoned the Home Office about an outstanding EEA2 application just over two weeks ago, and the case officer performed the six month calculation while I was on the line: the starting date she used was the date the Home Office received the application, as per the regulations.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:19 am

Isaac90 wrote:
@noajthan what do you think about the below quote or do you have link that or where its stated when 6 months actually start?
On receipt of an application under paragraph (1) or (2) and the documents that are required to accompany the application the Secretary of State shall immediately issue the applicant with a certificate of application for the residence card and the residence card shall be issued no later than six months after the date on which the application and documents are received.
What do you think about the above sentence
I think you have googled EEA Regs.
And internal HO docs reference counting from biometrics enrolment.

bluecole2
- thin ice -

Post by bluecole2 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:32 am

Ok the questions are;
Did you recieve a CoA, Biometric application? If not, they surely don't have your correct address.

If you have and have actioned it? Either way don't bother calling them except you want to know whether or not they have completed the process of the application and/or havent sent it to the wrong address. The call centre apparantly only have the infomation they given on your application.

My advice is that you send a written complaint, quoting the eea regulations that states that they are not allowed more than 6 months

or if you've got a lot of funds ask your solicitor to contact them

Bettter still, old fashion way, contact your MP seeking their assistant. Explain why UKVI are breaking the law and in breech of your rights.

Best wishes

Duyon
Newly Registered

Post by Duyon » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:35 am

Hi guys,

I am on the same situation and I am freaking out.... where is my documents?

Any advice?

Application posted on : 17th of MAY
Received by UKVI/HO on : 18th of MAY
Payment taken on : 20th of May
Bio letter received on : 21st of June
Biometrics Enrolled on : 22nd of June
COA With Work : 30th of June
Resident Card Received on : ??
Documents Returned on : ??

ill_gremlinx
Newly Registered

Post by ill_gremlinx » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:24 pm

I'm in same boat as you Duyon.
I have also seen a couple of threads here with people in the same situation, especially mid to end of May applicants.
See below my timeline:
Applied for PR as non-EEA applicant
Application submitted: 19/05/16
Application received: 20/05/16
Payment taken: 23/05/16
Biometric letter: received on 24/06/16 dated 21/06/16
Biometric enrollment : 25/06/16
COA With Work : received 04/07/16 dated 30/06/16
Resident Card Received on : ?
Documents Returned on : ?

From my previous experience with the 'clueless' contact centre I'm reluctant to even call them and ask for updates.
I'll rather wait a week or two and see what happens.

What I would like to know is that legally are they allowed to go beyond 6 months?
If so shouldn't they be contacting me to a least let me know this might take longer?
They had a good 6 month to make a decision and still nothing???

Wowo77
Newly Registered

Post by Wowo77 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:09 am

ill_gremlinx wrote:I'm in same boat as you Duyon.
I have also seen a couple of threads here with people in the same situation, especially mid to end of May applicants.
See below my timeline:

From my previous experience with the 'clueless' contact centre I'm reluctant to even call them and ask for updates.

What I would like to know is that legally are they allowed to go beyond 6 months?
If so shouldn't they be contacting me to a least let me know this might take longer?
Hey there am in the same situation, submitted my application for PR same day as you up till now nothing from HO, am really worried don't know what is going on. Please anyone that submitted their application mid May- ending of May with update please post . Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:07 am

Note this topic is wobbling about all over the place; it is not a timeline thread. For timelines check the timeline thread.

It is not a general discussion thread on EEA.
If all that remains is "any update" "not yet" "any update" "not yet" then it adds little value and will be closed.

Duyon
Newly Registered

Post by Duyon » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:23 pm

ill_gremlinx wrote:I'm in same boat as you Duyon.
See below my timeline:

Hello all,

Great news!

I have received yesterday my documents back and the letter saying that I will receive my RC within 10 working days!!

I will keep you all updated when I get it.

Don't lose your hope!!

Good luck for all!!

ama26

Post by ama26 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:31 pm

Hi all,

I applied for ROR on 1st June 2016, it's now been over 6 months since the Home office received the application but unfortunately I have not yet received any news. Can someone please advise if they are in the same situation?

I was thinking about calling them to request for an update. Does anyone know which number I can reach them on?

Many thanks for your help!

jay.ho
Member of Standing

Post by jay.ho » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:00 am

Hi ama26

I apply for ROR as well I applied on 10.june hopefully you get good news on this week or next week

Finger cross and hope for the best

jay.ho
Member of Standing

Post by jay.ho » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:28 am

ama26 wrote:Hi all,

I applied for ROR on 1st June 2016, it's now been over 6 months since the Home office received the application but unfortunately I have not yet received any news. Can someone please advise if they are in the same situation?

I was thinking about calling them to request for an update. Does anyone know which number I can reach them on?

Many thanks for your help!

And I request you please please please update when you got news

Thanks