ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment History

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

alibabaali
Newly Registered

Employment History

Post by alibabaali » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:13 am

HI All,

I have recently applied for my British Citizenship. I have got my ILR last year on the Tier 1 general base.
My question is that in my application form there is a page of employment history, I have written my full time employment history but I haven't written my self employed history. My self employment tax has been paid up to now.
what should I do, should I write a letter with my ref# or should I just wait for the decision, or should I withdraw my application.
thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Employment History

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:02 am

alibabaali wrote:HI All,

I have recently applied for my British Citizenship. I have got my ILR last year on the Tier 1 general base.
My question is that in my application form there is a page of employment history, I have written my full time employment history but I haven't written my self employed history. My self employment tax has been paid up to now.
what should I do, should I write a letter with my ref# or should I just wait for the decision, or should I withdraw my application.
thanks
Suggest write a letter giving all details, including tax reference, at least you have declared it then.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:03 am

Hey ,
I m in the same boat ,hope someone helps
Thanks

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanx,
Do let me know what alibaabali u intend to do .
I m so taken aback ,how careless I m to have declared only about my full time employment history and not about my self employment history(my company's was closed almost 3 years ago)all taxes paid .
Plz any seniors can shed some light on this .

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:51 pm

How much more light is needed?
Simply list employment and selfemployment history for up to 10 years.
Job done (pun not intended).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:58 pm

Thanx again,
But I have already posted my application and done the biometrics ,now I confused about what to do

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:01 pm

Go12 wrote:Thanx again,
But I have already posted my application and done the biometrics ,now I confused about what to do
If caseworker has a question they may take time to write for clarification.
Otherwise they will decide based on evidence/information submitted plus outcome of their crosschecks and verifications.

What happens if they detect 'missing information' (for example, selfemployment activity recorded in HMRC, etc but not listed by you) remains to be seen.

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:25 pm

Gre8,so I need to wait and watch .but this is really distressing ...

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Go12 wrote:Gre8,so I need to wait and watch .but this is really distressing ...
Always good to read and utilise AN guidance, AN booklet and guidance on AN form. Its quite clear and comprehensive.
Good luck.

alibabaali
Newly Registered

Post by alibabaali » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:01 pm

thanks for your response,
that means I should wait if case worker request for something.
Should I write them a letter with my biometric ref # and write down my all self employment history as an additional documents?
Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:19 pm

alibabaali wrote:thanks for your response,
that means I should wait if case worker request for something.
Should I write them a letter with my biometric ref # and write down my all self employment history as an additional documents?
Thanks
Yes you could do that.

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Guys,
I m really freaking out now,it was a silly mistake to leave my self employment earnings out of my employment history.i did take my employment history to NCS ,but the lady refused it,
And took with her my very latest p60.i have always been in full time employment till date.
Self employment was a part time and all my taxes are up to date.
If I send any details about it ,I m not sure whether will confuse them.since I have no gaps in any of my earning years ,will this be an issue.
Plz advice

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:10 pm

Go12 wrote:Guys,
I m really freaking out now,it was a silly mistake to leave my self employment earnings out of my employment history.i did take my employment history to NCS ,but the lady refused it,
And took with her my very latest p60.i have always been in full time employment till date.
If I send any details about it ,I m not sure whether will confuse them.since I have no gaps in any of my earning years ,will this be an issue.
Plz advice
Request a letter from HMRC and write another letter to make your aplication stronger. I would also mention about the ncs lady refusing the self emplpyed letter. Finally, Send a recorded delivery asap.

alibabaali
Newly Registered

Post by alibabaali » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:03 pm

which letter from HMRC and one more thing if we write Home Office anything now, they might check everything thoroughly and it confuses them.

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:36 am

Go12 wrote:Guys,
Plz advice
The lady was right. If some one is employed and paying the taxes through PAYE, then that's the only thing UKVI want to see. They are not after the Past Self employments and every thing is clear in application form and AN form guidelines.
It's clear every where and UKVI only asks whether you are employed or self employed at the time of applying. If you are employed and pay your taxes through PAYE, then enter the history for the jobs for the last ten years and you are self employed, then attach the latest year tax details.
I know people here will argue that self employment is also an employment and need to be declared and the application form does not cover every thing etc etc, but it's not the fault of the applicant and if they are not asking for some thing, then why you are trying to tell them?
In my opinion, if UKVI asks the name of your father, then just write the name of your father. They are not after the name of your grandfather and there is no space for it in the application form.

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:09 am

Thanks a lot.

alibabaali
Newly Registered

Post by alibabaali » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:54 pm

That means the one who hasn't written self employment history in the application form, just wait for the UKVI decision.

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:07 am

alibabaali wrote:That means the one who hasn't written self employment history in the application form, just wait for the UKVI decision.
In my opinion,you should not worry about it, but if I was in a situation like you, I would consult an expert immigration lawyer for advice.Some of them offer free of cost and they are expert and well know as well.
Also, in my opinion, employment history is something to check the legality of work during last 10 years to catch those who worked on visas which restrict them to work full time or no work at all.

It's your choice what you want to do and no one can exactly tell why they want us to write 10 years work history, but what ever you do, please let us know as well.

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:31 am

Hello
Thanks but No solicitor can say ant thing properly cause each will have their own interpretation of the laws ,and solicitors who don't charge fees are very hard to find:)
As you said in ur previous post ,self employment and employment are Different in many ways.and the application asks about employment details only.so this is a grey area .

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:46 pm

Hi,
I m very pleased to say that I have got my Approval letter for my naturalisation:)
I never sent any extra details about my self employment(I had completely forgotten to mention about it in the An form and had mentioned only about my employment earnings )
I guess if all your company taxes are paid you should be fine .
I had applied on November 7th 2016 ,I got the approval within a month
Thanks a lot to Rizcon,ashezhi for helping me with my doubts .
Cheers