ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted CoS allocation - time taken by UKVI?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

FedEx
Newly Registered

Unrestricted CoS allocation - time taken by UKVI?

Post by FedEx » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi Guys,

I am in the same situation but a bit later in time.
My new company has for allocation of CoS on 26th of Sept 2016.
How long does it generally take to get it? I know it says 12-18 weeks. But realistically, when can I expect to get it?

Thanks,

dragon098
Mood:

Re: unrestricted CoS allocation - time taken by UKBA ?

Post by dragon098 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:27 am

Hi Fedex,

My company did it on 11th oct 2016 and to be honest, I don't think there is a realistic time line you're looking for.

Depending upon other member reviews, most of them have mentioned that when their company called and emailed UKVI that's when they release the COS Allocation.

Lemme know how it goes with you. Mine has been only 4 days.

hopeforall9
Mood:

Post by hopeforall9 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:20 pm

my company did their request for CoS renewal on the 27th and we are still waiting. Tomorrow will be three weeks, i heard most people hear between 3-4 weeks so fingers crossed!
FedEx, just wondering if you have you had your allocation yet, since you did yours within a day of us?

PRCcap
Newly Registered

Post by PRCcap » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:07 pm

Hey all,
Just to let you know My Sponsor got a UCOS on 15th of Oct, and my Sponsor applied for it on 13th of Sept. So in one month we got it. Thank you and good luck!

gsuri1987
Newly Registered

Post by gsuri1987 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:25 pm

hopeforall9 wrote:my company did their request for CoS renewal on the 27th and we are still waiting. Tomorrow will be three weeks, i heard most people hear between 3-4 weeks so fingers crossed!
FedEx, just wondering if you have you had your allocation yet, since you did yours within a day of us?
Please advise if you have heard anything on yours yet. We applied on 5th Oct and have not received any answer just yet.

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi Guys,

I just got my UCoS on Sat and Booked for my VISA on 15th Nov 2016.

My COS dates were:-

Applied on 11th OCT 2016
Got COS on 5th NOV 2016

Gsuri1987, I guess you should ask you HR to make calls and email them. When does your visa expire.

geet_k
Newly Registered

Post by geet_k » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:37 am

dragon098 wrote:Hi Guys,

Applied on 11th OCT 2016
Got COS on 5th NOV 2016

Gsuri1987, I guess you should ask you HR to make calls and email them. When does your visa expire.
Can you please share your visa application experience and process? I am switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 visa and currently awaiting UCOS from the Home Office to be allocated to the employer. Your inputs will help me take the next steps.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:44 pm

dragon098 wrote:Hi Guys,

Applied on 11th OCT 2016
Got COS on 5th NOV 2016

I got my UCoS exactly after 21 days. no calls made, no emails sent.

@Dragon098,

All the best at your appointment today. Do let us know how it went.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:11 am

Hi Djsuccess, geet_k and everyone,

My Visa Application was successful. It was yesterday 15th of Nov at 5:45pm (had to pay extra £63 for out of office hours).

I reached at 5:30pm took 30 mins then they called my number, asked me my name, job etc (nothing to worry about). It takes approx 10 mins or less then they told me to wait for Biometric and Photo. Another 5 mins wait and everything was finished in less than 2 mins. I think now it was already 6:20pm. The lady told who took my biometric was nice and told me wait for 2 hours in waiting room area. But within 1 hour of wait my number was called and I was a bit scared but they told met that visa application was successful.

Hope you guys have success too. My only doubt was regarding PCN and FPN which I mentioned in CIVIL Penalties under Immigration LAW.

geet_k
Newly Registered

Post by geet_k » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:49 pm

dragon098 wrote:Hi Djsuccess, geet_k and everyone,

My Visa Application was successful. It was yesterday 15th of Nov at 5:45pm (had to pay extra £63 for out of office hours).

I reached at 5:30pm took 30 mins then they called my number, asked me my name, job etc (nothing to worry about). It takes approx 10 mins or less then they told me to wait for Biometric and Photo. Another 5 mins wait and everything was finished in less than 2 mins. I think now it was already 6:20pm. The lady told who took my biometric was nice and told me wait for 2 hours in waiting room area. But within 1 hour of wait my number was called and I was a bit scared but they told met that visa application was successful.

Hope you guys have success too. My only doubt was regarding PCN and FPN which I mentioned in CIVIL Penalties under Immigration LAW.
Congratulations! I hope that my company hears back from the UK Home Office soon about allocating additional UCoS to them.

Barnsbury44
Newly Registered

Post by Barnsbury44 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:52 am

Hi gsuri1987, hopeforall9, geet_k and all - has anyone had their Unrestricted CoS issued yet...? (and if yes how long did it take?). My application has now been in for 5 weeks (no request for extra information).

T1EDI
Newly Registered

Post by T1EDI » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:50 am

dragon098 wrote:Hi Djsuccess, geet_k and everyone,

Congrats dragon098,

A quick question on your situation, was yours an extension or switch?

Thanks

T1EDI
Newly Registered

Post by T1EDI » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:58 am

Barnsbury44 wrote:Hi gsuri1987, hopeforall9, geet_k and all - has anyone had their Unrestricted CoS issued yet...? (and if yes how long did it take?). My application has now been in for 5 weeks (no request for extra information).
@Barnsbury44,

I got mine in 18 days (applied 24 Oct, received 11 Nov), my employer would've reminded them by email and calling every week i.e. 2 or 3 times only.

Cheers.

geet_k
Newly Registered

Post by geet_k » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:17 pm

Barnsbury44 wrote:Hi gsuri1987, hopeforall9, geet_k and all - has anyone had their Unrestricted CoS issued yet...? (and if yes how long did it take?). My application has now been in for 5 weeks (no request for extra information).

My employer said they applied on November 7, and haven't heard yet. I don't think they are very keen on calling and following up, so I can't do anything but wait. I'll update as soon as I hear back.

Barnsbury44
Newly Registered

Re: Unrestricted CoS allocation - time taken by UKVI?

Post by Barnsbury44 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:25 pm

Hi everyone, thanks for your updates :)

My U CoS finally came through! My time frame was 5.5 weeks as follows:
Applied approx: 19 October
Issued: 26 November (yes a Saturday - that's when I was informed anyway)

No extra information was requested. A priority request was requested once the application had been in for a couple of weeks.