ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview Letter After postal Application ILR SET O

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Interview Letter After postal Application ILR SET O

Post by Mahadev123 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:03 pm

Hello Forum Members,

I have applied for ILR ( Tier 1 5 Year Route ) on 26th April 2016. Now, I have received a letter dated 27th sept which says they need to interview me to make a decision on my case and they will send another letter to confirm date, time & location of the interview. I need some advise from the members who have been to the interview or members who received the similar letter about what sort of questions they may ask. After the interview How long they are taking to make a decision.

My case is as follows :

1st Tier 1 Application - 1 Employment + Self employment ( Tax filed and paid)
There was a £2900 difference in the tax amount which was filed in 2011. I have contacted HMRC and got that amended and paid the tax on the difference amount and sent those documents to case worker after I had my biometrics for ILR.

Extension - 1 Employment + Self Employment ( Tax Filed and Paid ( No Amendement))

For the ILR Application- 2 Employments + Selfemployment ( Tax returns filed and sent the documents with the application )

My total income with 2 employments was £29000 & Self employment was £7500. I have done my self employment after I finished my second job.

Based on my case, Can the members please advise how long its taking home office to send the interview letter and also any suggestions about what sort of questions they may ask. I have to be well prepared for the interview any suggestions please. Thanks.

adviseplease
Newly Registered

Re: Interview Letter After postal Application ILR SET O

Post by adviseplease » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:33 am

Hi
have you recieved your interview date? where and is it face to face or on skype
Actully i applied for ILR and recievd letter that they will interview me but havnt recievd any letter yet?
could you please help me how long they gonna take as i am so stressed.

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:58 pm

adviseplease wrote:Hi
have you recieved your interview date? where and is it face to face or on skype
Actully i applied for ILR and recievd letter that they will interview me but havnt recievd any letter yet?
could you please help me how long they gonna take as i am so stressed.
Hi , when did you received your first letter?. I ve receive first letter start of this month and waiting for the second letter of venue/date confirmation.

Thanks
Vesh

adviseplease
Newly Registered

Post by adviseplease » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:42 pm

i applied on 13 march 2016 ,first letter received on 19 august 2016 saying that they will send another letter for interview date,time and venue

but didn't received any letter.... :|

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:46 pm

adviseplease wrote:i applied on 13 march 2016 ,first letter received on 19 august 2016 saying that they will send another letter for interview date,time and venue

but didn't received any letter.... :|
I heard from other people and they waited almost 3-4 months. So may be you will get it by next month.

Have you made any tax amendments?

Thanks
Vesh

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Post by Mahadev123 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:33 am

Hello Guys,

The first letter was dated 27th september. Still waiting for the 2nd letter for interview date.

I have posted my application on 26th april 2016.

Looks like its taking 3-4 months.

Mine is an amendment case for 2010-2011..There was £2900 difference in the amount declared to HMRC.

I have posted the tax amendement documents to the case worker. Dontknow if that has triggered this letter.

Will update you if I heard anything back..

Regards
Maha

mpath
Newly Registered

Post by mpath » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Hello Mahadev123, Vesh, adviseplease,

Do anyone have you received the 2nd letter from Home Office about the interview.
I received the first letter recently, any idea how long its taking now a days to receive the 2nd letter?
Also, do you guys know the format of the interview ?

Thanks
mpath

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:50 pm

Hi Mahadev,
We had a difference of 4k in tax submitted to HMRC. Interview is next week. Do you think we should quickly go back to HMRC and pay the difference b4 interview to cover our backs?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:07 pm

Portablejohnson wrote:Hi Mahadev,
We had a difference of 4k in tax submitted to HMRC. Interview is next week. Do you think we should quickly go back to HMRC and pay the difference b4 interview to cover our backs?
ILR applications are frequently refused due the opinion that tax discrepancies have only been rectified when it's apparent that ILR is at risk.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Post by Mahadev123 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:29 pm

Hi,

It would be better to get it amended first and you can always setup a payment plan to pay that. I dont think they are looking for whether you have paid it or not I think they will question why you have amended it so late. Their opinion is we are amending the tax returns just for the sake of visa. All the best for your interview I wish you get your visa..Just a question how much time it took for them to send the interview letter after the first letter. I received a letter on 27th sept saying that they need to interview me and will send another letter about interview date havent heard anything yet..

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Post by Mahadev123 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:34 pm

mpath wrote:Hello Mahadev123, Vesh, adviseplease,

Do anyone have you received the 2nd letter from Home Office about the interview.
I received the first letter recently, any idea how long its taking now a days to receive the 2nd letter?
Also, do you guys know the format of the interview ?

Thanks
mpath

Hi,

I havent heard anything yet its been more than a month since I received the first letter. I will update you once I receive mine and I read it some where on the forum that they will be questioning mainly on selfemloyment side..

1. How was your journey
2. Did you find us easy
3. How did you travel
4. How long does it take
5. How many miles
6. What is your name
7. What is your DOB
8. Place of birth
9. Full UK address with postcode
10. Are you still working
11. How far is your work place from home
12. How do you travel to work
13. Car , walk or
14. How will you travel as winter is approaching
15. What kind of job are you doing
16. What are your working hours
17. How do they pay your wages
18. Which bank
19. How much is your annual salary
20. How long you been working there
21. you are working from home?
22. what kind of services do you provide
23. why you have these clients
24. how do you gets these clients.
25. are you paying business rates
26. what equipment do you have in the house for business
27. do you have a landline
28. do you have table chair , printer, fax or anything else using for business
29. Does your family member answer the phone calls of your work
30. Why some of your D/v have different addresses
31. do you remember your previous address
32. how long did you stay there
33. were you register in electro roll there
34. when did you change your address
35. when did you start trading in new address
36. Can you tell who are your main clients
37. Tell me the major transactions from your main clients (there names shown in bank statemnets)
38. do you have any contract with them
39. tell me the addresses of the clients
40. how many times did you travell to them
41. how do you communicates with clients
42. how much time do you give to your family
43. how do you get your clients
44. do you advertise your business
45. do you have a website
46. do you advertise your services on the website
47. What is your education
48. where did you do your masters and bachelors
49. what was your final project in Masters
50. Major subjects in your Masters course
51. Any other educaiton
52. from where
53. Are you paying NI2 contribution
54. how much did you pay last time ni2 contribution
55. after how many months you pay NI2 contribution
56. why you doing 2 jobs
57. why not only seflf employed its well paid
58. how do you manage your time with 2 jobs
59. Why there are huge transactions in your account
60. Why you dont use business account
61. why the cash transactions
62. where did you transfer the money
63. do you have saving account
64. do you have business account as well
65. how many accounts do you have.
66. Who manages your accounts
67. whats the address of your accountant
68. why this accountant
69. why not someone local
70. do you visit your accountant
71. how many times in last six months
72. how much does he charge
73. Who was your previous accountant
74. whats the address
75. why did you change your accountant
76. how do you communicate with your accountant
77. Is there any question you need to ask

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Post by Mahadev123 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:00 pm

Hello,

Can you share your interview experience please. I m waiting for my interview letter.

Regards
Mahadev

adviseplease
Newly Registered

Post by adviseplease » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:03 am

hello

Can you share your interview experience please. I m waiting for my interview letter.

Regards

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Post by Mahadev123 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:06 pm

Hello,

If any one been to the interview can you please share your experience and also please tell how long its taking to get the interview letter after receiving the 1st lettet.

Thanks
Mahadev

strada

Post by strada » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:36 am

Hi Mahadev,

Are you still waiting for an interview date?

strada

Post by strada » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:18 am

Hi Gurus,

Just an update after my interview. The questions asked were similar to previous questions on this board.

The only thing I could not explain was an error as a result of my accountant oversight. I need advise can I send an amended accountant letter or should I just wait for the outcome.

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Post by Mahadev123 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:41 pm

Hi Strada,

I m still waiting for my interview letter. Its been more than 2 months since I received my first letter. How was your interview ?? How long it took them to send them the interview letter in your case ?? I hope you get through this I wish you gud luck. If possible explore your interview experience.

Regards
Mahadev

strada

Post by strada » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:52 pm

Mahadev123 wrote:Hi Strada,

I m still waiting for my interview letter. Its been more than 2 months since I received my first letter. How was your interview ?? How long it took them to send them the interview letter in your case ?? I hope you get through this I wish you gud luck. If possible explore your interview experience.

Regards
Mahadev
Hi Mahadev,

My interview took about an hour, the questions were based on some genuine discrepancies found on my application, but these discrepancies was well explained to them. My advice is to thoroughly check all the documents you submitted, your bank statement and everything you think they could ask you. That is what they will ask you.

I will give you an instance, they about withdrawals from my bank statement.

mpath
Newly Registered

Post by mpath » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:49 pm

strada wrote:

Regards
Mahadev
Hi Mahadev,

My interview took about an hour, the questions were based on some genuine discrepancies found on my application, but these discrepancies was well explained to them. My advice is to thoroughly check all the documents you submitted, your bank statement and everything you think they could ask you. That is what they will ask you.

Hi Strada,

Thanks for the information about your interview.
Is they are concentrating on the current application or they are concentrating on initial and extension applications as well?
Also, you said something about cash withdrawals, is that related to current application or previous applications?
Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

strada

Post by strada » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:12 pm

mpath wrote:
strada wrote:

Regards
Mahadev
Hi Mahadev,

Hi Mpath,

From what I see about the interview, all the questions asked are in this forum, but the questions they will ask will be dependent on your circumstance, so for me they never asked anything about my past application because I have done my amendment and they are okay with that. all questions were from my current application and that was because they were obvious errors.

Hi Strada,

Is they are concentrating on the current application or they are concentrating on initial and extension applications as well?
Also, you said something about cash withdrawals, is that related to current application or previous applications?

Thanks

mpath
Newly Registered

Post by mpath » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:22 pm

strada wrote:Hi Gurus,

Just an update after my interview. The questions asked were similar to previous questions on this board.

The only thing I could not explain was an error as a result of my accountant oversight. I need advise can I send an amended accountant letter or should I just wait for the outcome.
Hi Strada,

Thanks

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Post by Mahadev123 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:12 pm

Hello Strada,

Thank You for sharing such a valuable information. I have to be well prepared for the interview. Just one question how long it took for them to send you the interview letter ?? Its been more than 2 months since I received my first letter havent heard anything back after that. Still waiting for date and time for the interview.

Regards
Mahadev

adviseplease
Newly Registered

Post by adviseplease » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi Strada,
Have you received your interview letter?
I am still waiting ,its been 5 months.First letter i received in saying that they will interview but i haven't received any further letter.
its so frustrating.
I was thinking if we all members sign petition saying that they have to process application quickly at least in timeline.

Hi Mahadev,
have you received your results?
your interview was on skype or face to face ??

Mahadev123
Newly Registered

Post by Mahadev123 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi Advise Please,

I havent received interview letter yet. I m still waiting. Its been 3 months since I received first letter.

Regards
Mahadev

adviseplease
Newly Registered

Post by adviseplease » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:03 pm

Mahadev123 wrote:Hi Advise Please,

I havent received interview letter yet. I m still waiting. Its been 3 months since I received first letter.

Regards
Mahadev

Many thanks Mahadev,
please keep updating.

This Forum is really helpful at least to get half of information before you go for interview.

Regrads
Advsieplease