ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR and Comprehensive Sickness Insurance - help!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anadocolin
Newly Registered

EEA PR and Comprehensive Sickness Insurance - help!

Post by anadocolin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:22 pm

Hello

I first entered the UK in 2008 as a Romanian citizen and since then I have been in full time education.

In December 2011 I obtained a Yellow card registration certificate which has allowed me to work alongside my studies. Since January 2012 I until June 2015 I worked part time - between 5 and 20 hours a week. From June 2015 until present I've been working around 30 hours a week.

In my application for EEA PR I bumped into the comprehensive sickness insurance problem - I had private medical insurance winter 2011 to 2012 for one year and I have it now - but it didn't cover my entire period here. Also, I haven't had a European health card in a while.

What do I do now? Would my minimal employment between 2012-2015 be enough to apply as a worker? Is there any way around this?

Thank you!

noajthan

Re: EEA PR and Comprehensive Sickness Insurance - help!

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:00 pm

anadocolin wrote:Hello

I first entered the UK in 2008 as a Romanian citizen and since then I have been in full time education.

In December 2011 I obtained a Yellow card registration certificate which has allowed me to work alongside my studies. Since January 2012 I until June 2015 I worked part time - between 5 and 20 hours a week. From June 2015 until present I've been working around 30 hours a week.

In my application for EEA PR I bumped into the comprehensive sickness insurance problem - I had private medical insurance winter 2011 to 2012 for one year and I have it now - but it didn't cover my entire period here. Also, I haven't had a European health card in a while.

What do I do now? Would my minimal employment between 2012-2015 be enough to apply as a worker? Is there any way around this?

Thank you!
Welcome.

Moved to correct forum.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

alexxy
Newly Registered

Post by alexxy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:29 pm

anadocolin wrote:Hello

Thank you!
If you would have acquired your Yellow Card before 20th of June 2011 you would have been exempt from providing evidence of CSI for the entire period of your studies and/ or being self-sufficient.
Because your private medical insurance does not cover the whole period, this will be regarded as failing to provide sufficient evidence of CSI.
You could apply solely on the basis of your employment and leave your studies out altogether, although this is unlikely to be successful as you need to provide evidence of having been in continuous employment for your 5 year qualifying period. The number of hours worked might not be enough either as ideally it should be at least 20 hours per week (from what I've read).

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:00 pm

Yellow card came too late to avail of ta.

Did/do you have a fanily member/qualified person in country with you who could act as your sponsor?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.