ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help in Addressing Previous Visit Visa Refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Need Help in Addressing Previous Visit Visa Refusal

Post by hassanh » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:52 am

Hi Everyone,

Apologise for the long post and I request the members to contribute to this post. My Sister-in-law and mother-in-law applied for visit visa two years back. My mother-in-law was granted visa while my sister in law was refused on the below main reasons:

1) As she was travelling with her mother to see her sister in UK and no one close family member will be in Pakistan (her father had passed away), therefore, they were not satisfied she will come back.

2) She mentioned in her visa application that she had just finished with college exams and awaiting result and will be joining University soon. The ECO said that she had not mentioned which university and which course she will be going to enrolled, therefore, ECO was not satisfied she had strong ties with her home country.

3) Because she was 18 years old then, she was (and still) solely supported by her mother for her educational and living cost . Also, the cost for the trip was supported by her mother as well. The ECO said that because she did not had any funds, savings in her own therefore, the ECO was not satisfied with her financial ties to Pakistan.

Now, We want to apply for her visit visa again next week as her circumstances are significantly changed from the last visa application. She will be submitting a covering letter with the visa application justifying the previous points of refusal. She can justify point 1 and 2 of refusal in the covering letter as she will be coming to UK on her own and her mother will be staying in Pakistan. Also, she is currently studying in HEC no. 1 rank in business category university in Pakistan since June 2015. She is submitting a letter from University that she is a regular student and her attendance is very good. Letter also mentions the term break holidays date and that she has already paid her fees for the next semester. I believe, this should be enough to cover point 1 and 2 and to demonstrate strong ties to Pakistan.

What we are confused in how to address her financial ties to Pakistan (point 3) in cover letter. Obviously, she is still 20 years and still supported by her mother financially. Also, her mother is paying for her trip this time as well. Usually, in Pakistan when you are just 20 years of age and in full time education, then you are not expected to have bank accounts etc. I would appreciate if someone can provide me with strong justification for point 3 of refusal?

Thank you

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Need Help in Addressing Previous Visit Visa Refusal

Post by hassanh » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:09 pm

I appreciate members are busy or don't know what to advise here.

But any sort of advise will help. She is applying for visa in two days time so this is sort of urgent. I will appreciate your responses.

Thanks,
Hassan

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:44 pm

Who is earning in the household? Mother or Father? Or Both.

How many siblings she has?

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:36 am

Her mother (who is a widow) has invested in someone's business and get fixed profit from there. She also has savings certificate from which she gets income also.

She has only one sister i.e. my wife residing in UK.

Thanks,

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:42 am

Okay the Idea is to show strong ties to the country in the form of social (e.g member of any club or charity organisation), economic (eg. working, studying etc) and family on piece of paper, basically explaining her personal circumstances to convince ECO. What is that binding relationship with her country that at the end of the trip she has no choice but to go back which will convince ECO.

You can show NADRA Family Registration Certificate showing members of the family. If she has other siblings then their status can also be shown, for instance, if studying, letter from school/college, if working, letter from Employer..etc..

Her mother would need to show her bank statements and cover letter stating that she is the guardian/caretaker supporting her child in Pakistan since she does not have her own bank account. Then the mother would need to show all the letters from that business that she has invested in, or get the business to produce some of the below letters.

Company registration Documents,
Business Incomes Tax Returns (1 - 3 years)
Letter from Accountant to Describe Yearly Income/Audit Report (Last 1-3 years)
Referral Letter Issued by chamber of commerce
Business Reference Letters
etc etc.....

Also make sure she writes a good covering letter when submitting the application. She can explain in the cover letter that she does not hold a bank account and that her mother is financially supporting her. Mother will also need to confirm the same on her cover letter.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:39 am

Thank you very much for your response which is very helpful.

The thing I am still confused that what should she write in covering letter to convince ECO that as she is in full time education and fully dependant on her mother she is not expected to have any financial assets or bank accounts?

Thanks,
Hassan

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:15 pm

Just explain whatever her current situation is which is, she is currently in full time education, and has her mother to return back to. Like I mentioned it's ok not to have a bank account, in such a case, her mother will be providing the bank statement and a cover letter confirming it.

There are sample cover letter on the forum which you use as a guideline.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:19 am

Thank you very much for all your help. I will do as you have advised and mention all her current circumstances in covering letter. She is submitting her documents for visa processing on Friday. I will post the outcome of the application here.

Thanks

ismail.desai
Newly Registered

Post by ismail.desai » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:38 am

hassanh wrote:Thank you very much for all your help. I will do as you have advised and mention all her current circumstances in covering letter. She is submitting her documents for visa processing on Friday. I will post the outcome of the application here.

Thanks

Hi

Did you get any result of your application

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:57 am

Not Yet. She gave her biometrics on 16th December and no updates since then. Thanks

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Hi,

Just to provide an update on this. Her visa has been refused again despite of providing all the extra evidences.

The two main reasons for refusal were 1) They did not satisfy that she will return back after 16 days.

2) They were not satisfied that she has access to the funds given by her mother for this trip.

The reasons they have mentioned are not justified. I seemed like UKVI has decided not to give her visa ever.

Thanks,