ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My new UK Passport ruined by an Embassy

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

perfectionist

My new UK Passport ruined by an Embassy

Post by perfectionist » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:58 pm

Hi all,

Recently, I went to get "Visa" for a country in my UK passport. To my surprise, I found that the staff at the embassy stamped my passport on top of another stamp from US immigration thus voiding the US stamp. :evil:

I’m puzzled to find that though all the pages were free except that one page but embassy staff chose to put stamp on that very page. Then they tried to explain it with another stamp saying "OFFICIAL ERROR". :evil:

This totally ruined the beauty of my new UK passport because this page is exactly at the middle of the passport and when passport is opened this "OFFICIAL ERROR" in big capital letters catches the eye. :evil:

What are my options?

Casa

Re: My new UK Passport ruined by an Embassy

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:02 pm

@Perfectionist. Life isn't perfect and human errors are made. If you really can't live with a less than an immaculate page, then apply for a replacement passport. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:29 pm

There is no obvious recourse for the actions of foreign agents.

You could just wait 9.x years until renewal.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

perfectionist

Post by perfectionist » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:21 am

Thank you @Casa & @noajthan for your views.