ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment hours calculation

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Employment hours calculation

Post by aman90 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:58 am

nasiaziz wrote:which of the following would be acceptable?

Total hours considered would be 40+20+20=80 hours total
OR
Total hours considered would be 30+20+20=70 hours total.
thanks
You have to read between the lines..There is no clear cut answer but yes as you applied before April 2014 I assume that is the way its going to be judged as its the number of hours but just in case be vary and go for the 30+20+20 and make up the remaining hours by hiring a part timer.. :) its complex..

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:19 pm

Its weird that if you hire part timers and add their 20+20 hours makes it 40 in total they accept this as a total 40 hours but if you hire one person who works 40 hours a week they wouldnt consider the 10 hours and only consider it 30.. they should consider the part timers total hours which comes upto 40 as 30 hours aswell then.i hope u get my point

siavashes
Iran

Post by siavashes » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:58 pm

nasiaziz wrote:Its weird that if you hire part timers and add their 20+20 hours makes it 40 in total they accept this as a total 40 hours but if you hire one person who works 40 hours a week they wouldnt consider the 10 hours and only consider it 30.. they should consider the part timers total hours which comes upto 40 as 30 hours aswell then.i hope u get my point

again you did not read my last post properly !!!

Max is 30 hours PER EMPLOYEE/ PER WEEK

2 part time each working 20h per week can be add and claim as 40 hours , as they did not exceed 30h PER WORKER/p week .

So in your case ONLY ( Total hours considered would be 30+20+20=70 hours total) is acceptable regardless if paid tax NI and etc for more than this hours. and if they worked more you need to put qualify hours in your application not total hours .

FYI it doesnt matter when you got your visa, this rule has been in Appendix a since 2011 up to now .

@aman : PLEASE do not mislead people if you are not sure .

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:26 pm

siavashes wrote:
nasiaziz wrote:Its weird that if you hire part timers and add their 20+20 hours makes it 40 in total they accept this as a total 40 hours but if you hire one person who works 40 hours a week they wouldnt consider the 10 hours and only consider it 30.. they should consider the part timers total hours which comes upto 40 as 30 hours aswell then.i hope u get my point

again you did not read my last post properly !!!

Max is 30 hours PER EMPLOYEE/ PER WEEK

2 part time each working 20h per week can be add and claim as 40 hours , as they did not exceed 30h PER WORKER/p week .

So in your case ONLY ( Total hours considered would be 30+20+20=70 hours total) is acceptable regardless if paid tax NI and etc for more than this hours. and if they worked more you need to put qualify hours in your application not total hours .

FYI it doesnt matter when you got your visa, this rule has been in Appendix a since 2011 up to now .

@aman : PLEASE do not mislead people if you are not sure .
@Siavashes...not misleading anyone here..trying to put things into perspective..discussing with all and taking onboard everyones thought and interpretations...if you had read my previous posts you would have understood that...again we are all trying to make sense of the requirements to the best of our intelligence.. Ur above interpretation to the rule is ur perspective it may or may not be configured as you perceive it.. there are always exceptions to rules...so please be careful of how you look at others intentions :)

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:29 pm

Guys best would be to confirm from.home office..

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:24 am

siavashes wrote:
nasiaziz wrote:Its the total number of hours which are 3120 in 3 years time.
If you have created 3120 hours in total then u qualify.
Weather by recruiting one person 2 or 3 part time full time etc etc
Just calculate the hours.
please note, you can not just add the hours !!!!

MAXIMUM QUALIFIED hours is 30hours per week per employee, any hours more than that will not consider !!!

it depend your payroll is 4weekly or monthly the maximum qualified hours are p/employee , 120 hours on 4weekly payroll & 130 hours on monthly payroll
Hi Siavashes,
your discussion above has alarmed me as well, i applied before 6th april 2014 but got my visa on the 17th of april 2014,
if i go by the post 6th april 2014 job creation requirement, then i need to create 2 full time posts which must last for 12 months however the post can be part time as well.
now i have hired 2 Part employees from April 2015 100 hours per month each which comes to 200 hours however according to explanation which you gave above means only 130 hours will be counted out of 200 hours to make it as 1 full time job ? ( 2 part time posts were were 13 months then became full time)
then from may 2016 the same 2 employees have become full time 150 hours a month so again only 130 hours will be counted of each employee,
so if i calculated the first year of job creation by 2 part time employees which comes to only 1 full time job but 2 different posts with max 1560 hours counted for 1 full time job.
now from may 2016 to feb 2017 they'll be working full time 150 hours per month and will continue to work in future as well but i am mentioning until feb as i'll be applying my visa in March 2017, so from May to Feb , there will be only 9 month of 2 full time employment with maximum of 130 hours per month per employees is counted which comes to max 2340 hours for these 9 months from 2 full time employees and max 1560 hours from part time ,
now in my case 2 posts have already existed for 12 months ( part time though) after that 9 months full time , which makes it 3900 hours , is it fine , am i on the right track or do they need to complete 2 full complete years of employment, kindly suggest.
Atif

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:04 pm

Hi Every one , can anyone share home office email address please so that i can get a written confirmation from them on the post and pre april scenarios, and i would like to point out to one more thing in policy guidance there is a job creation sample in the end, the employment dates are incorrect for the 2nd employee of the 1st job , start date is july 2016 and end date is Jan 2016, how is it possible, but anyway my only confusion is they have given example of 12 months through out , no example of 24 months, i have 2 employees fill 2 posts from April 2015- Apri l2016 Part time ( 13 months) and the same employees become Full timer for the same posts From May 2016 and still working and wiil be working beyond April 2017, if i apply in April 2017 first week so they'll be on 11 months full time , in short 24 months each employee for 2 different posts , will it be considered as 2 full time posts or not? i have't got the satisfactory answer yet, and i applied my visa in 2013 got refusal in may 2013, appealed against the decision and on the hearing date in January 2014 home office revoked their decision and they issued me a visa on 18th of April 2014, so do i fall under pre 6th april 2014 category or not?
please help me out , i am too stressed.
Atif