ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistani Divorce valid or not?? very confuse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Casa

Re: Pakistani Divorce valid or not?? very confuse

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:50 pm

Please keep us updated.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:00 pm

Will do for sure Casa. However for now I am not going to withdraw my application for sure :)

Wish me luck :)

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:12 pm

I most certainly do.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:04 am

Hi Guys,

There is an update so I thought I let you know.

We submitted out documents to Sheffield today however my solicitor says that chance of success is 70% but if it is refused then we can win this on appeal arguing what we have just discussed in the thread. (Glad he is at least now telling me we can win)

He says HO staff isn't well trained in interpreting the law so it is your luck now :(

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:20 pm

sunoo wrote:Hi Guys,

There is an update so I thought I let you know.

We submitted out documents to Sheffield today however my solicitor says that chance of success is 70% but if it is refused then we can win this on appeal arguing what we have just discussed in the thread. (Glad he is at least now telling me we can win)

He says HO staff isn't well trained in interpreting the law so it is your luck now :(
I personally would have get rid of such stupid solicitor . It seem to me that he is not well trained as he is changing statement without getting proper information. All he needed to do was to give references to these links or even attaching print out of specific page where they define the validity of Pakistani divorces/talaq in UK. He is already taking about appeal which is next stage

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:49 am

I wish if I could change him but I have already paid him in advance to prepare the docs. I did mentioned to him that he should put this link in the covering letter but he said he doesn't wants visa officer to even think of this divorce and if I tried to explain in the covering letter then ECO will assume that there is an issue.

Before applying for the visa I was thinking that I have good chances considering I owned the mortgage free house, have a salary of 70k+ and now I am thinking the other way around. I seriously can not afford to go on appeal. The wait is awful :(

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:42 pm

sunoo wrote:I wish if I could change him but I have already paid him in advance to prepare the docs. I did mentioned to him that he should put this link in the covering letter but he said he doesn't wants visa officer to even think of this divorce and if I tried to explain in the covering letter then ECO will assume that there is an issue.

Before applying for the visa I was thinking that I have good chances considering I owned the mortgage free house, have a salary of 70k+ and now I am thinking the other way around. I seriously can not afford to go on appeal. The wait is awful :(
Hi Sunoo,
how come you paid £2200? is there any NHS fee u paid in advance for your wife?

Thanks,
Humayun

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:57 am

Humayun Bhai,

Brexit happened for the people and not for Home Office. They are advertising £1195 spouse visa fee and £600 NHS charges but when you will go online to submit your application and to pay the fee it will not give you a choice to pay in GBP but PKR and the fee for Spouse visa application is 191200 and NHS is 96000 so the total is 287200. If you are paying from UK GBP payment card the conversion rate (on the when I paid) was 1 GBP = 133 PKR so I paid £2159 + 2.99% handling charges from the credit card company so it was nearly £2300 my friend. Home Office is robbing people in the daylight!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:32 am

ECB6.3 How are fees paid? wrote:Fees for entry clearance and related services are set in UK legislation in UK pounds (GBP). Changes to the Fees are approved by the UK Parliament. Fees can be paid in Locally Acceptable Currency, which is determined by the country where the applicant will provide biometrics. The exchange rate is determined by the UK Consular Rate of Exchange mechanism and may be subject to change.
This seems to suggest that fees can also be paid in UK pounds? Perhaps they need to fix the online sites to give the options of paying in UK pounds, as well as in local currency.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:26 am

vinny wrote:
ECB6.3 How are fees paid? wrote:Fees for entry clearance and related services are set in UK legislation in UK pounds (GBP). Changes to the Fees are approved by the UK Parliament. Fees can be paid in Locally Acceptable Currency, which is determined by the country where the applicant will provide biometrics. The exchange rate is determined by the UK Consular Rate of Exchange mechanism and may be subject to change.
This seems to suggest that fees can also be paid in UK pounds? Perhaps they need to fix the online sites to give the options of paying in UK pounds, as well as in local currency.
Well my wife given her biomatrics in Pakistan and I applied online in the UK (VFS Global Pakistan). There was absolutely no option available to pay in GBP. I did make it sure because no one would like to pay extra £500.

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:49 pm

Casa wrote:I most certainly do.
Hi Casa,

Can we get the opinion of Batley Khan on this? He/she sounds like have an experts knowledge on issues like this.

Regards

sunoo

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:52 pm

I have no way of persuading batleykhan to contribute to a thread. As you say that you submitted your application on the 13th, the only thing you can do now is to wait for the decision.
(Casa, not CR001)

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:13 pm

Casa wrote:I have no way of persuading batleykhan to contribute to a thread. As you say that you submitted your application on the 13th, the only thing you can do now is to wait for the decision.
That's true Casa. I checked Royal Mail tracking today and it hasn't delievered as yet as there was no one in the premises in Sheffield. I am not sure if they are going return it back to me now

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:35 am

My wife collected her passport today with visa. Therefore the conclusion is that divorce certificate from UC was valid. A huge relief. Thanks everyone who helped me on this forum :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:35 pm

Excellent news. You not only get success via this board but also trained your solicitor :lol:
Members given you excellent official information to clear the confusion that whether you need to be domiciled in pakistan as well for divorce but law allows either party to be domiciled in pakistan or at least national of pakistan.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:34 pm

sunoo wrote:My wife collected her passport today with visa. Therefore the conclusion is that divorce certificate from UC was valid. A huge relief. Thanks everyone who helped me on this forum :)
Hi Sonoo,
Can you please list the documents you submitted with your application? and how long it took to complete the processing of visa applcation? did you apply urgent visa?

Thanks,
Humayun

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:15 pm

raholptl wrote:
sunoo wrote:My wife collected her passport today with visa. Therefore the conclusion is that divorce certificate from UC was valid. A huge relief. Thanks everyone who helped me on this forum :)
Hi Sonoo,
Can you please list the documents you submitted with your application? and how long it took to complete the processing of visa applcation? did you apply urgent visa?

Thanks,
Humayun
Seeing as his Spouse Visa application was for his spouse whom is from Pakistan, the documents needed to be submitted can be found in the following link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 93554.html

To your second question, how long it took, the answer to that is here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1407195

And, finally, as to whether his application was priority or not, the answer to that is here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1406724

cosak

Post by cosak » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:16 pm

If a marriage taken place abroad in any foreign country is accepted by the ECO, then the divorce is also accepted... the divorce should be done by the local court of law obviously... the certificate should be translated into english and apostilled / attested by the foreign office in Pakistan... make sure it's attested by foreign ministry, otherwise, the ECO will not accept it... same with your new marriage certificate...

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:27 pm

cosak wrote:If a marriage taken place abroad in any foreign country is accepted by the ECO, then the divorce is also accepted... the divorce should be done by the local court of law obviously... the certificate should be translated into english and apostilled / attested by the foreign office in Pakistan... make sure it's attested by foreign ministry, otherwise, the ECO will not accept it... same with your new marriage certificate...
This specific topic of discussion started by OP has been resolved already:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1407199