ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Ent extension successful but already sent SET(LR)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

paru.org
India

Tier 1 Ent extension successful but already sent SET(LR)

Post by paru.org » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:45 pm

dEAR Moderators

today i received my extension for tier1, but i have already varied this tier1 application 1 week ago with SET(LR) 10YR LONG RESIDENCE , and fees was also taken from my account by cheque for set(lr) 1 week ago,i only paid £671 for set lr as i asked them to adjust my tier1 fees(£1271) paid already towards set LR application as per Page 57 of 136, “Guidance – Specified application forms and procedures – version 18 Published for Home Office staff on 18 March 2016” which says “ A person who varies their application does not have to pay an additional fee unless the new ground they want to be considered under has a higher fee than the original application”.

tier1 issued date is after payment deducted from my acc for varied set LR.

as i have now completed 10yrs also, so my confusion is how HO processed this tier1 ent application when i have already varied, there cant be 2 pending applications at 1 time,
now all of my original life in uk and degree certificate with HO, just to let u know i didnt sent my original degree with tier1 , i sent that with Set LR,
now how can i get back my set LR fees and original docs back??

as payment was deducted from my account so i was thinking it has successfully varied and to complicate this
today i sent my wife FP application also.
i have requested online refund for IHS of FP now as there was option available, so hopefully they wont process that.
but all scenario raises questions on hO advanced IT caseworker system.
zimba or experts pls reply
thx

and can i do anything abt

zimba
Mood:

Re: TIER1 ENT EXTENSION SUCCESSFUL BUT ALREADY SEND SET(LR)

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:04 pm

This is a peculiar case, seems that your extension was approved before you varied it to ILR. Better call UKVI
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

umarf10
Newly Registered

Post by umarf10 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:10 pm

Hi can you provide the text of the cover letter you provided at time of switching to ILR, thanks.

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:26 am

i tried calling them but contact centre have no clue abt anything, they can just give tracking no of royal mail, nothing else at all?

can i book PSC as i have my passport and BRP ..???
zimba88 wrote:This is a peculiar case, seems that your extension was approved before you varied it to ILR. Better call UKVI

noajthan

Re: Tier 1 Ent extension successful but already sent SET(LR)

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:14 am

Perhaps an argument for not being too cavalier and trigger happy with rapid fire applications and variations.
There is clearly some degree of inertia and lack of synchronisation between units of concerned processing departments.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:08 am

so what option do i have now, i want to apply for ILR asap....
how can i ask to send my suppp docs to sheffield psc??
or can i use psc at atll, i have my passports but life in uk and degree with them??
noajthan wrote:Perhaps an argument for not being too cavalier and trigger happy with rapid fire applications and variations.
There is clearly some degree of inertia and lack of synchronisation between units of concerned processing departments.

aliii

Post by aliii » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:15 am

You should look at the dates very carefully.
The Date you posted your Varied Set(LR) application.
The Date Set(LR) Fee difference was deducted (i.e. £671).
The Date of Tier 1 valid from on BRP card or the date on decision letter was issued (Whichever is of earlier date).

If the Date on Tier 1 BRP card is before the date you posted your Varied Set(LR) application then I believe you wont be able to challenge that and you have to pay again the remaining fee of the Set(LR) i.e. £1204.

However, if the BRP date is after the date you posted your Set(LR) application (Even better if the BRP stamp date is after when the Set(LR) fee difference was deducted) then you should write the cover letter to Long Residence Team and also send back the Tier 1 BRP n Passports explaining that you have already varied the application on certain date when the Tier 1 application was pending for decision (Give them mail Tracking Number). In this way you can help HO to understand your circumstances better and possibly save you Tier 1 Fee.

paru.org
India

FLR FP withdraw or VOID

Post by paru.org » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:26 pm

hi admins,
i applied for tier 1 entr , with my wife and 1 child ,
then i varied that to SET LR, but just 1 day before variation tier1 was approved and all of us received our BRPs but when i varied my set LR i sent FP for wife ,
Actually what happened was, I completed my 10 yrs of legal residence while my Tier 1 application was pending for outcome so I sent this variation SET(LR) application on 30/11/2016 but on 29/11/2016, home office approved my pending Tier1 application and we received that decision to grant LTR after I POSTED this application so I had no way of knowing that my old application had been processed when I posted this SET(LR) application and FP for wife,

so what shd i do with her FP now, sholud i wthdraw by below link or nor, i have already cancelled the cheque of FP fees i sent with and put online IHS refund request which we received back,
also so what shd i do with her FP now, sholud i wthdraw by below link or wait for HO to auto void because of no fees,

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

pls advice

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:32 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:39 pm

If you have cancelled the cheque for the FLR(FP) fees, then the application will be invalid because of non-payment of fees.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:41 pm

thx vinny
shld i withdraw it as well by below lik or not required?
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

our original marriage cert is the only doc we need
vinny wrote:If you have cancelled the cheque for the FLR(FP) fees, then the application will be invalid because of non-payment of fees.