ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR and Naturalization

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

Milton_kauffman
Newly Registered

PR and Naturalization

Post by Milton_kauffman » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:12 am

Hi Guys....
Just a question it keeps bothering me.
To keep it short.
First came to UK on 09/2006, Italian Citizen.
PR CARD granted in 10/2016 ( Only applied because of the Brexit )

In my understanding, the PR Card is just a confirmation of your PR status right ? ( You automatically acquire PR status after 5 years of residence in UK and proof of exercising treaty rights etc, etc. So lets say I did all that and I acquired my PR status on 09/2011.
My question is :
Do I have to wait 12 months after I get my PR CARD to apply for Naturalization ( BC ) ?
Now, That's the trick part for me. If I dont have to wait 12 months ( PR Card granted 10/2016)
what documents and dates should I send ? Proof of residence since 2010 ? Like GP letters, Bills, Tenancy agreements etc ? What else ?

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: PR and Naturalization

Post by ohara » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:31 am

Milton_kauffman wrote:In my understanding, the PR Card is just a confirmation of your PR status right ? ( You automatically acquire PR status after 5 years of residence in UK and proof of exercising treaty rights etc, etc. So lets say I did all that and I acquired my PR status on 09/2011.
Absolutely correct.
Milton_kauffman wrote:Do I have to wait 12 months after I get my PR CARD to apply for Naturalization ( BC ) ?
No you don't. However, it's a good idea to know what date UKVI have recorded for you acquiring PR, as they will use this when calculating the free of immigration time restrictions for 12 months requirement for naturalisation. There are two ways to find out:

1) Submit a SAR to UKVI. it's free but can take a few weeks
2) Bite the bullet and submit your naturalisation through NCS - they can find out on the phone for you at the appointment. In the event that UKVI have recorded your PR date incorrectly (for example some time in 2016, and yes it HAS happened before), you will only lose the NCS fee (~£60) rather than the £1236 naturalisation fee.
Milton_kauffman wrote:Now, That's the trick part for me. If I dont have to wait 12 months ( PR Card granted 10/2016)
what documents and dates should I send ? Proof of residence since 2010 ? Like GP letters, Bills, Tenancy agreements etc ? What else ?

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks
You will need to send proof of residency between the date you acquired PR and present day. I used P60's for this, and it was adequate.

Milton_kauffman
Newly Registered

Post by Milton_kauffman » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:01 am

Morning..

Thank you Ohara. I will find out follow your instructions and find out about free of immigration time restrictions for 12 months requirement for naturalisation.

I appreciate your help

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:22 am

Submit proof of residence for past 5 years from date of application. This is because EU passports are not stamped.
(Nothing to do with date of acquiring PR).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.