ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

peckhampelican

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by peckhampelican » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:11 am

This is a question to the veterans of this forum:

Based on your experience, how does the Christmas holiday impact the processing of naturaliastion cases? Are they significantly more delayed than other times?

Essentially,given that it currently takes about 4-6 weeks from biometrics to get approval in most cases, is anyone able to tell what is the additional delay during Christmas - based on previous experience?

newbie0203
India

Post by newbie0203 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:33 pm

Processing time has gone up sharply in recent weeks as its not 4-6 weeks anymore and varies between 6-9 weeks after biometrics (except in case of EEA route which I think is relatively quicker). Also, recently approvals are not coming in order as well. I did biometrics on 18th Oct and my case is straightforward with not a single Immigration/any other issue but still waiting for approval to come through. Have seen some approvals come through out of order for people doing Biometrics at the end of Oct.

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:55 pm

newbie0203 wrote:except in case of EEA route which I think is relatively quicker
I am afraid I have to disagree here. Currently there seems to be an even split when you look at the October timeline.
newbie0203 wrote:Also, recently approvals are not coming in order as well. I did biometrics on 18th Oct and my case is straightforward with not a single Immigration/any other issue but still waiting for approval to come through. Have seen some approvals come through out of order for people doing Biometrics at the end of Oct.
I have noticed this as well. Maybe a few of the caseworkers are already on Christmas holiday.

newbie0203
India

Post by newbie0203 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:09 pm

[quote]I am afraid I have to disagree here. Currently there seems to be an even split when you look at the October timeline.[/quote]

I agree that there is an even split now but EEA route approvals were first to come through and later non-EEA also started trickling in. This wait is making me spend more time on immigrationboards than anywhere else :)

MrsT
Mood:

Post by MrsT » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:11 pm

I'm afraid I disagree newbie0203. There are EEA members from October still waiting for their approval.
UK residence: 2006 - PR: 2011 - PRC: 2016 - Approval: 2016 - Ceremony: 2017 - UK Spouse

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:32 pm

What MrsT said. I, for one, am still waiting and I am an EEA National and applied 14 October. I think at the moment everything goes slower than usual, no matter where you come from. Home Office in holiday mode :roll: :)

newbie0203
India

Post by newbie0203 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:41 pm

Seems so :shock: I applied on 5th Oct and still waiting like you. I even contacted my local council but they also havent got anything yet. Did you try contacting your council?

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:59 pm

The council in Tyne and Wear will not be informed by the Home Office :cry: . It works differently up here. We get the approval letter and have to contact the council ourselves. They have no immediate involvement :cry: .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:03 pm

MrsGreenside wrote:The council in Tyne and Wear will not be informed by the Home Office :cry: . It works differently up here. We get the approval letter and have to contact the council ourselves. They have no immediate involvement :cry: .
They don't have an involvement, but they certainly will be informed as they will get your certificate. Some councils won't give information unless you have the letter of approval/invitation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rk_bk
Newly Registered

Post by rk_bk » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply naturalization next month. Can you please clarify English language requirement.

I got my ILR Jan 2016, I showed my Degree certificate (India), letter from my university - Medium of study is English and points based calculator for settlement. Now, there is no points based calculator in the UKBA site.

Can I select "I was granted settlement on / after 28-October 2013" in the AN form.
What documentary evidences do I need to provide at the time of naturalisation?

Regards,
Raj

newbie0203
India

Post by newbie0203 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi Raj,

Yes you can use that option and there are already multiple threads for the same query. Try searching 'English Language Requirement AN1'.

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:57 am

Newbie0203, MrsT and MrsGreenside,

I was initially under the impression that EEA are being approved faster, but this was merely because, as Newbie0203 said there was a wave of EEA that came first followed by non-EEA. CR001 has also said that there would not be a differentiation between applicants. Essentially, being EEA does not make you more eligible - in fact, due to less trail of an immigration history, EEA might even take longer. Non-EEA would have had significantly more interaction with the Home Office during their stay in the UK.

That said, a friend received her approval letter 2 days ago, date 09Dec and she originally applied on 11Oct. So, I think it really varies.
newbie0203 wrote:
I am afraid I have to disagree here. Currently there seems to be an even split when you look at the October timeline.
I agree that there is an even split now but EEA route approvals were first to come through and later non-EEA also started trickling in. This wait is making me spend more time on immigrationboards than anywhere else :)

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:34 pm

Hello everyone, just a little update.
Yesterday I spoke to the Home Office helpline and got told they could not look into my file because 6 months have not passed yet. I asked how I could find out if a letter got lost and the gentleman said I would receive a letter from the Home Office informing me that I failed to adhere to the ceremony arrangement deadline. Which is basically an failed application. I was quite shocked that there's no other way of helping me out. So in short, Home Office cannot and will not help in the rare case that a letter gets lost. The gentlemen advised me to get in touch with my council, which I did this morning. Oh law and behold, the council has indeed received my certificate! However, there is still no sign of any letter. The lady at the council now said I should wait until next week and if I still have no letter she would pencil me in for the ceremony on 18 Jan. I would need to bring photo ID instead of the (still non-existent) letter. I thought I should let you know in case this happens to other applicants as well.

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:42 pm

Congratulations MrsGreenside - this is great great stuff.
I tried finding your timeline but could not. When did you apply?

Thanks.
MrsGreenside wrote:Hello everyone, just a little update.
Yesterday I spoke to the Home Office helpline and got told they could not look into my file because 6 months have not passed yet. I asked how I could find out if a letter got lost and the gentleman said I would receive a letter from the Home Office informing me that I failed to adhere to the ceremony arrangement deadline. Which is basically an failed application. I was quite shocked that there's no other way of helping me out. So in short, Home Office cannot and will not help in the rare case that a letter gets lost. The gentlemen advised me to get in touch with my council, which I did this morning. Oh law and behold, the council has indeed received my certificate! However, there is still no sign of any letter. The lady at the council now said I should wait until next week and if I still have no letter she would pencil me in for the ceremony on 18 Jan. I would need to bring photo ID instead of the (still non-existent) letter. I thought I should let you know in case this happens to other applicants as well.

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:53 pm

You can find it in the October Timelines, it was on the 14th October :)

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:54 pm

MrsGreenside wrote:You can find it in the October Timelines, it was on the 14th October :)
Aww congratulation , we are so happy for you ,
But I can't understand . Have u lost the letter or they didn't send it ?

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:05 pm

The letter has never arrived. It may be stuck in Christmas postal transit.

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:31 pm

MrsGreenside wrote:The letter has never arrived. It may be stuck in Christmas postal transit.

Just back from my Ncs as I live next to it and the surprise is they recieved my certificate last Monday and they booked for gcermony on 17 jan but I'm travelling away so booked and Feb

U r sweet mrs greenside Bcos I followed all ur topic and I was do what ever u do hhh
Thank you and thanx for all modrators and friends in group
Lovely ppl here hope the best for all

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:34 pm

Congratulations! Have a safe travel and enjoy your ceremony in February!

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:10 pm

MrsGreenside wrote:Hello everyone, just a little update.
WOW! This is exactly why I asked what happens if a letter is lost and my worst fears are confirmed. What a shambolic excuse for a public service the Home Office is. Plus while MI5/6 do their best to keep the baddies away this HO simply lets every undeserving man and their dog in easy and do not even deport those who deserve to be deported e.g. illegals and fake refugees.

Anyway, Mrs Greenside please could you let us know if you do indeed receive the letter as well? Thanks.

Melak

Post by Melak » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:29 pm

Oh congratulations Mrs Greenside!!! What an incredible end to the wait! I am so happy for you. Hope the rest of us get approvals soon. It's such a stressful wait.

Many many congs!!

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi all
My AN application fees was refused by bank and today I got letter from HO with new payslip
Q I have posted payslip with Special delivery to same address as for all AN application
Although letter came from different address.
Was it correct?

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:37 pm

Despite having just applied in November, I called the council today to see whether they have received my certificate. They were so nice and helpful. The lady on the phone said that today she had not seen my name, but she will call me tomorrow to confirm. She gave me the direct email and her name so that I can check back in the New Year.

I guess it differs from council to council how they handle these requests.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:33 am

imi99999 wrote:Hi all
My AN application fees was refused by bank and today I got letter from HO with new payslip
Q I have posted payslip with Special delivery to same address as for all AN application
Although letter came from different address.
Was it correct?
As you have sent it already you'll have to wait and see, unless you want to try the "Helpline" - presumably letter didn't say which address? Payment slip had your reference on?
Watch your bank account but be mindful that during the holiday season they may be short-staffed ....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

newbie0203
India

Post by newbie0203 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:31 am

Received the approval letter in post today, hope everyone else get theirs soon.