ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criteria for Hours Calculation- Applying Tomorrow

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ARiaz

Payroll

Post by ARiaz » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Dear Gurus,

1- I have 1 employee who worked 120 hours from Sep-15 to March 15 and then 132 hours from April-16 to Nov 16, so does this setup meet the 1 full time job equivalent ?

2- I have one European employee, she has not got the passport but ID card which she use for entry/exit in travel, so is it acceptable as proof of ID

3- Lastly, do we have to just sign the payroll documents or stamp as well

Your attention and response would be much appreciated.

pauljohnson

Re: Payroll

Post by pauljohnson » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:31 pm

Hello,

When did your initial application approved ?
Before April 2014 or After ?

You need to have employee for 24 months as full time.
But you need to create two job roles
As you have completed 15 months full time till Nov-16.
120 hours would be considered as full time as per Home office policy guidance ( they mentioned clearly)
So you need to have employee for 9 months more.

pauljohnson

Post by pauljohnson » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:38 pm

European citizen ID card is acceptable

ARiaz

Post by ARiaz » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:35 pm

pauljohnson wrote:Hello,

120 hours would be considered as full time as per Home office policy guidance ( they mentioned clearly)
Thanks for prompt response
I have got my entry clearance in Feb-14
So based on this setup, assuming this employee left end of Nov-16, how many hours can I claim towards this job?

ARiaz

Post by ARiaz » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:42 pm

pauljohnson wrote:European citizen ID card is acceptable
Thanks Paul
And any UK national, I have to sent first page of passport or any other page as well

ENTREPRENEUR83
Newly Registered

Post by ENTREPRENEUR83 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:11 pm

ARiaz wrote:

So based on this setup, assuming this employee left end of Nov-16, how many hours can I claim towards this job?
Hello,

You can claim 15 months as you qualify under pre-april 2014 rules, just need to add up 9 months more to make up a total of 24 months or 2 jobs. Thank you and best of luck

ARiaz

Post by ARiaz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:12 pm

ENTREPRENEUR83 wrote:
ARiaz wrote:

Hello,

You can claim 15 months as you qualify under pre-april 2014 rules, just need to add up 9 months more to make up a total of 24 months or 2 jobs. Thank you and best of luck

Thanks for your input.
In any month if employee has done just 90 hours, can I treat them towards my hours full time job hours calculation? i.e 1560 hours

ARiaz

Post by ARiaz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Thanks Paul, one more question
In any month if employee has done just 90 hours, can I use those 90 hours towards full time job hours calculation? i.e 1560 hours

ARiaz

Payroll Hours table

Post by ARiaz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:51 pm

Dear Gurus,

My extension is due next month and I fall under pre 2014 rules, can you please check below my hours arrangement and advise if this is good to go

Job 1-

Employee 1 lasted 5 months and he was doing 60 hours a month
60 x 5 = 300
Employee 2 lasted 3 months and he was doing 110 hours a month
110 x 3= 330
Employee 3 started 11 months ago and doing 140 hours a month
140 x 10= 1400

So in a nut shell , job 1 has consumed all together ( 300 + 330 + 1400) = 2030 hours
Please advise, if above meet HO criteria for 1 job?
Big thanks in advace

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Payroll Hours table

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Please stop starting a new topic with each and every query you have. Stick to one thread/topic please.

See also Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ARiaz

Post by ARiaz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:02 pm

CR001 wrote:Please stop starting a new topic with each and every query you have. Stick to one thread/topic please.

See also Multiple Posts (click)
Thanks for letting me know, can you spare this time and I'll make sure for future.
As it is new topic, audience won't get to know if it is embedded in some ongoing conversation for different issue.
Or please advise alternative.

jaz786
Newly Registered

Post by jaz786 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:16 pm

Hi,
I have always been reading this forum but never posted a query. I want a piece of advice... I hope someone can clarify!
As this month is a festive period of the year, many employers shut for a certain period, so have I for a week. On the wage slips, however, the working hours for the two employees will show up less but will have paid holiday hours mentioned. I want to ask if this won't arise any problem later on when submitting our application next year. My extension is in 5-6 months time.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:39 pm

jaz786 wrote:Hi,
I have always been reading this forum but never posted a query. I want a piece of advice... I hope someone can clarify!
As this month is a festive period of the year, many employers shut for a certain period, so have I for a week. On the wage slips, however, the working hours for the two employees will show up less but will have paid holiday hours mentioned. I want to ask if this won't arise any problem later on when submitting our application next year. My extension is in 5-6 months time.
If your employee works fixed hours on each day and then goes on paid holiday for 4 days, you treat those 4 days as if he worked. Simple
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jaz786
Newly Registered

Post by jaz786 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Thanks Zimba for your speedy response, much appreciated!
Regards

ARiaz

Post by ARiaz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:46 pm

zimba88 wrote:
jaz786 wrote:Hi,
If your employee works fixed hours on each day and then goes on paid holiday for 4 days, you treat those 4 days as if he worked. Simple
Hi Zimba,

Glad, you're back and hope you're fine and things around you.
Can you please help me out on below

My extension is due next month and I fall under pre 2014 rules, can you please check below my hours arrangement and advise if this is good to go

Job 1-

Employee 1 lasted 5 months and he was doing 60 hours a month
60 x 5 = 300
Employee 2 lasted 3 months and he was doing 110 hours a month
110 x 3= 330
Employee 3 started 11 months ago and doing 140 hours a month
140 x 10= 1400

So in a nut shell , job 1 has consumed all together ( 300 + 330 + 1400) = 2030 hours
Please advise, if above meet HO criteria for 1 job?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:48 pm

I think your hours will be lower than what you calculated as hours worked beyond 30 hours a week are discarded (easier to calculate things on the weekly basis) However you should hit 1560 hours for a single job. I guess you have another 1560 hours from your 2nd job
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ARiaz

Post by ARiaz » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:10 am

zimba88 wrote:I think your hours will be lower than what you calculated as hours worked beyond 30 hours a week are discarded (easier to calculate things on the weekly basis) However you should hit 1560 hours for a single job. I guess you have another 1560 hours from your 2nd job
First of all big thanks to you Zimva for prompt response
Actually my payroll was processed on monthly basis So shall I consider 60 hours for part-time and 120 for full-time, for hours calculations?
Also what about if one of employee worked 100 hours in a month? Can I consider her 100 hours in calculations?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:38 pm

No. A month is NOT 120 hours and a part time work is NOT half the full time work. These are are wrong assumptions.
You can calculate the hours on weekly basis (ignore months). Count the number of weeks worked for each employee. Min hours required is 30 hours for a full time job.

Home office does not care how many hours an employee worked, they care if they worked the min hours required and were paid as you claim !
Let's say you have 45 weeks of full time work, you must multiply 45 x 30 hours x the hourly rate = (XX)
This value is the min salary paid in that 45 weeks period, so your total salary paid must be equal or greater than XX

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:21 pm

Hi zimba its easy to to work out the full time hrs as long as employee has worked at lest 30 hrs week but what if employee has only worked 22hrs in week and paid on monthly basis . how would we calculate this employee hrs .for example we only had one part time employee who has worked for 7 months only and has worked approx 20+ hrs a week .I am not able to calculate accurate hrs for this employee . Hope you can give us your views on this . Thanks
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

ARiaz

Post by ARiaz » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:04 am

zimba88 wrote:No. A month is NOT 120 hours and a part time work is NOT half the full time work. These are are wrong assumptions.
You can calculate the hours on weekly basis (ignore months). Count the number of weeks worked for each employee. Min hours required is 30 hours for a full time job.

Home office does not care how many hours an employee worked, they care if they worked the min hours required and were paid as you claim !
Let's say you have 45 weeks of full time work, you must multiply 45 x 30 hours x the hourly rate = (XX)
This value is the min salary paid in that 45 weeks period, so your total salary paid must be equal or greater than XX
Thanks for explanation but my question is what if employee has done 25 hours/week, does it go towards part time then?
Also can you please share your opinion on "We consider full-time to be 30 hours per week / 120 hours per
month" I have found these in application form above table 3b2

ARiaz

Post by ARiaz » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:11 am

zimba88 wrote:No. A month is NOT 120 hours and a part time work is NOT half the full time work. These are are wrong assumptions.

Also Zimba, can you please give me some rope on below, I have picked it from guidance notes and finds it very confusing
"A single job need not consist of 12 consecutive months (for example it could exist for 6
months in one year and 6 months the following year) providing it is the same job
(different jobs that have existed for less than 12 months cannot be combined together
to make up a 12 month period), and the jobs need not exist at the date of application,
provided they have existed for 12 months"

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:48 am

A job is NOT an employee. A job is a position in your company. This position can be filled by multiple employees and could remain vacant for a while while you replace an employee who left.

So for example you can have 4 employees work total of 12 months in that position, spanning across a three year period !

ARiaz

Post by ARiaz » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:12 pm

zimba88 wrote:A job is NOT an employee. A job is a position in your company. This position can be filled by multiple employees and could remain vacant for a while while you replace an employee who left.

So for example you can have 4 employees work total of 12 months in that position, spanning across a three year period !
Thanks Zimba, May be I am just stressed out and some overthinking!
Also can you please share your opinion on "We consider full-time to be 30 hours per week / 120 hours per
month" I have found this in application form above table 3b2 Page46

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi ARiaz , "We consider full-time to be 30 hours per week / 120 hours per month" Yes This is correct as long as employee has worked at least 30hrs week or min 120hrs per month will be consider full time. Anything more than 30hrs week and 130 month will not be counted . But still not sure about the part time hrs how many max or min hrs they will take per month or week . I am on the same boat for part time hrs calculations but still cant figure out how it will be counted . Zimba we do need your advice on this please if you can solve this for us . Thanks
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:41 pm

kapoorinusa wrote:Hi ARiaz , "We consider full-time to be 30 hours per week / 120 hours per month" Yes This is correct as long as employee has worked at least 30hrs week or min 120hrs per month will be consider full time. Anything more than 30hrs week and 130 month will not be counted . But still not sure about the part time hrs how many max or min hrs they will take per month or week . I am on the same boat for part time hrs calculations but still cant figure out how it will be counted . Zimba we do need your advice on this please if you can solve this for us . Thanks
Part time work is anything below 30 hours a week, so it could be 1 hour a week or 29 hours a week. You can add part time work hours together to achieve 30 hours a per week requirement.