ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Bank Statement/Share Capital- Extension App

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

live4pride
- thin ice -

Business Bank Statement/Share Capital- Extension App

Post by live4pride » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:02 pm

Dear Members,

I am in the process to apply in a couple of weeks time. I have a quick question about business bank statement. Is it a requirement to submit your bank statement in order to prove your SHARE CAPITAL investment.

I am of the opinion that the Management/Unaudited accounts(plus share capital certificate if no name in accounts) cover this to claim 20 points for investment purposes.

I was about to fill the infamous table 3B1 where I can input year end date in that table and company accounts would confirm the investment in question. I have invested in tranches of about 20 plus transactions during the three year span which literally means I will have to submit majority of the business bank statements but just want to be sure and not wanting to send any extra documents as the file is already piling up :) :) .

Please help!

Kind regards
where there's a will there's a way

saeed123

Re: Business Bank Statement/Share Capital- Extension App

Post by saeed123 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:27 am

To claim points for the investment as share capital or diarectors loan you should submit all the bank statement which shows the investment money came from your personal account to the business account .

HO is not accepting Share cirtificates as an evidence of investment ,the accounts should have the shareholders name against the shares and value of the share on the dates of its purchase. If the accounts has no name you should submit a register of company members from Companies House.

live4pride
- thin ice -

Post by live4pride » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:42 pm

saeed123 wrote:To claim points for the investment as share capital or diarectors loan you should submit all the bank statement which shows the investment money came from your personal account to the business account .

HO is not accepting Share cirtificates as an evidence of investment ,the accounts should have the shareholders name against the shares and value of the share on the dates of its purchase. If the accounts has no name you should submit a register of company members from Companies House.
Thank you for your reply Saeed. Please can you indicate where these documentations are mentioned? As on the application form and in the immigration rules I was unable to find these! I shall be highly thankful to you for this.

Regards

FOCUS

Post by FOCUS » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:34 pm

Hi saeed123,
As you said above
" To claim points for the investment as share capital or diarectors loan you should submit all the bank statement which shows the investment money came from your personal account to the business account "

Providing Business Bank statments with readily indentifible transacations for DL Investment is Compulsory , but I don't find it any where in neither Immigration rules Appendix A or Policy guidance that we should submit Bank statments for Share Capital Investment. We only need to send Bank Statment Inorder to prove evidence that the business has a UK bank account .
Please can u point out specifically if u find it any where in the rules that we need to provide Business Bank statments for Share Capital Investment .

Thanks alot

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:17 am

You are right, Its not specified as in case of DL.

But, It's mentioned we have to provide Business Accounts in case of Share Capital investment and not expanding the actual term. If It's not required then it could be considered as Supporting Document and in my view there is no harm to send with application.

It is Actually relevant.

FOCUS

Post by FOCUS » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:59 am

Sure , Thanq Syed

live4pride
- thin ice -

Post by live4pride » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:07 pm

syed0083 wrote:You are right, Its not specified as in case of DL.

But, It's mentioned we have to provide Business Accounts in case of Share Capital investment and not expanding the actual term. If It's not required then it could be considered as Supporting Document and in my view there is no harm to send with application.

It is Actually relevant.
Thank you for your responses Syed0083 and FOCUS. Just to make it clear again you have not read anything about SHARE CAPITAL and BUSINESS BANK STATEMENT anywhere(i.e policy guidance, form and immigration rules) and your initial statement can be ignored now, where you said ''To claim points for the investment as share capital or diarectors loan you should submit all the bank statement which shows the investment money came from your personal account to the business account'' ?

and bottom line is that we can submit Business Bank Statements as an additional document to make the application look straightforward and more credible. Correct me please if I am wrong.

Thank you

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:25 pm

You have a full right to disagree with us,
As we are not solicitors and only give advices on personal experience.

live4pride
- thin ice -

Post by live4pride » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:58 pm

syed0083 wrote:You have a full right to disagree with us,
Mate..!! Did I say I am disagreeing to what you said? yet again no clear answer to what I asked in first place!!

I do not believe in solicitors or personal experiences and to me Policy Guidance/Rules is my bible.. and I want to know the reference of the info that you shared! anyway relax its okay.

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:56 am

live4pride wrote:
syed0083 wrote:You have a full right to disagree with us,
Mate..!! Did I say I am disagreeing to what you said? yet again no clear answer to what I asked in first place!!

I do not believe in solicitors or personal experiences and to me Policy Guidance/Rules is my bible.. and I want to know the reference of the info that you shared! anyway relax its okay.
Supporting document(Business Bank Account) to accounts is my claim for a Genuine Business :idea:

ukbiz

Post by ukbiz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:05 am

Business Bank Statement is not required as specific document by immigration rules if you are claiming investment by the way of Share Capital.

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:48 pm

ukbiz wrote:Business Bank Statement is not required as specific document by immigration rules if you are claiming investment by the way of Share Capital.
But the Credibility is....

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:38 pm

ukbiz wrote:Business Bank Statement is not required as specific document by immigration rules if you are claiming investment by the way of Share Capital.
They are in a sense. To prove you have a UK business bank account !
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

live4pride
- thin ice -

Post by live4pride » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:34 pm

zimba88 wrote:
They are in a sense. To prove you have a UK business bank account !
Thank you Zimba88. FOR SECTION K(Separate folder): I will be submitting my Unaudited accounts since the inception of the Company with my name in the shares related notes and Accounts Compilation Report. I have been told that investing by way of share capital is more meaningful way of investing in a company for future lending purposes.

I am also submitting a Bank letter mentioning my Company Business Bank Account details and confirming that I am the sole account holder and signatory of the Company's account with the balance at the day of letter, on the letter headed stationary. It also mentions the account is active since dd month year.

In addition, I have also included last three months original bank statements. This is included in separate folder labelled as Supporting Additional Documents which has all the memberships, recent sales invoices, insurances, business expo participation receipts, marketing materials etc.