ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

idonthaveone
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by idonthaveone » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:54 pm

idonthaveone wrote:Hello guys

My ILR SET(O) timeline

ILR SET(O)
Date Posted: 01/07/2016
Date of Receipt: 04/07/2016
Payment Taken : 14/07/2016
Acknowledgement Letter/E-mail: 20th of every month
Bio-metrics letter: 29/07/2016
Bio-metrics submitted: 30/07/2016
waiting

Nearly coming to 6 month time and no news except the email acknowledgment every month
Received the same letter through email on 22-12-2016 informing me my case cannot be decided in 6 months time.

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:10 pm

Thank you All,
I can see DL gets approval but unfortunately no luck with 5 year and tax amendments so far recently.

lets all keep this space updated with any correspondence with HO so we know what are the possible outcomes and how long it takes.

Many Thanks
Mick

adeelishaq786

Post by adeelishaq786 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:12 am

Alikhn wrote:
itratzahrahusain wrote:I applied for my ILR on 23rd June, 2016.

Biometrics done in beginning of August, 2016.

After 6 months exactly !

Received the following letter today on 23.12.2016 (dated 21.12.2016) stating:

"Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

UK Visas and Immigration."

Any ideas what happens next?
Hi,
This is simply to tell you that we are lazy and can not do our work on time :) I am in the same situation waiting for last 7 months.....I had received almost the same on 14 November saying " we are waiting for the reply from one of the Govt agency"
Today called UKVA and reply was " case is still under process " .
Stress Stress Stress!!!!!!!! :shock:
think this is mainly been sent to people who had amendment(s) in past... or something related late filing of tax/ni...

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:53 pm

Summary of my application (Tier 1 General):

Posted Date: 02/08/2016
Received Date: 08/08/2016
Biometric Letter issued: 15/08/2016
Biometric letter received: 23/08/2016
Biometrics submitted: 23/08/2016
ILR: waiting...
today 29/12/2016 i received this email:

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.
This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.
I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible

Yours sincerely

Temporary Migration Team 11

UK Visas and Immigration
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:00 am

Happy85 wrote:Summary of my application (Tier 1 General):

Posted Date: 02/08/2016
Received Date: 08/08/2016
Biometric Letter issued: 15/08/2016
Biometric letter received: 23/08/2016
Biometrics submitted: 23/08/2016
ILR: waiting...
today 29/12/2016 i received this email:

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible

Yours sincerely

Temporary Migration Team 11

UK Visas and Immigration
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA
Hi Happy85,

Thanks for sharing your ILR application timeline with other forum members.

I had posted my application on the 8th of august 2016 and still waiting to hear from the HO. I had made amendments and posted the revised calculation HMRC papers and payment confirmation along with my application. My current application is based on Payee .

Can you please share more information on your application so as to understand why they send out such letters at the very last moment when the service standards clearly state that they should have sent out a letter by the 12th week of the application if they can't decide the application before the 6 months. Please see the link and the exact quote from the HO website below".

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -standards

"If we can’t make a decision within the service standards
If there is a problem with your application or if it is complex, we will write to explain why it will not be decided within the normal standard. We will write within the normal processing time for the 8 week standard and within 12 weeks for the 6 month standard. The letter will explain what will happen next."

Well i can clearly see there are double standards on how the HO operates . While they are stringent on Applicants this is not reflected in the quality of their own work. You can raise a complaint with Ombudsman if you wish . Applicants have been waiting for more than 6 months in similar cases and it sounds unfair to me given the amount of money spent on our application and how this affects both our personal and professional life.

As mentioned earlier can you please post your answers for some of the questions i have.

Was your ILR application based on Payee or Company director/Self employment or a combination of those?

Was your amendment papers sent out with your application or did you mention them on a covering letter given the fact that amendments are not updated on the HMRC systems?

Did you try to upgrade your application to premium service?

Many thanks in advance.

Kindly let me know if i can be any help with queries that you might have.

dk_kk
Newly Registered

Post by dk_kk » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:39 pm

Today I too have received similar letter stating complex issue.

I posted the documents first on July 15th, application is straight forward based on PAYE + director of the company. Have provided accountant letter and bank documents that have requested, i'm not sure what else home office looking after? should they have asked more info I could have provided them anything that needed, hate home office processing..!

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:02 pm

dk_kk wrote:Today I too have received similar letter stating complex issue.

I posted the documents first on July 15th, application is straight forward based on PAYE + director of the company. Have provided accountant letter and bank documents that have requested, i'm not sure what else home office looking after? should they have asked more info I could have provided them anything that needed, hate home office processing..!
hi
home office wants to know only from 2010 to 2016 yours tax are clear,that's it.
did you call hmrc is your all year tax are updated.
make sure call corporate tax as well.
if everything updated no need to worry Ho will issue ilr sooner or later.

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:30 pm

balu78 wrote:Dear All,

I am very happy to inform that I have received my ILR today and my timelines as follow...

SET (O) - T2 (G) 5 Years route 1 + 2 Dependents

Application sent: 30th June 2016
Application received: 01 July 2016
Letter for Bio received: 08 July
Bio done : 26th July
fee deducted: 2nd Aug
No mains received
ILR Approval and Documents received : 23rd Dec 2016
BRP: expected in 7 working days.

Long wait has come to end finally and my timelines are just below 6 months...
Thanks for all updates and all the best to those who are waiting.
Merry Christmas and happy new year

Regards,
Balu

I have been reading this forum regularly and it gives lot of information and updates, which gave me some peace. My ILR SET (O) postal application details....

No mains received
Single full time employment (Cos)

My application is pretty straight no complications. Its been 5 months and i noticed someone received ILR on 24th Nov, applied on 16th June so i am hoping to receive in a week or 2 . I will keep you updated.
Please update anyone who applied in June and received ILR recently.
hi
congratulation i want to ask you something, did you have any amendment tax or any tax problems? did you paid every year tax same time or not. Pls let us know. are you show self empyoment and company as well . how many jobs you mentions in your applications.
many thnaks

rajesh

shazu
Newly Registered

Post by shazu » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:47 pm

pinkesh wrote:HI ALL
I AM A SILENT READER JUST WANT TO SHARE MY TIMELINE
APPLIED ILR THROUGH DL ROUTE 6 YEARS
APPLIED 15/7/2016 SETO
BIO MATRIC DONE 22/08/16
RECEIVED ILR APPROVAL LETTER TODAY 22/12/16
I HOPE EVERY ONE WAITING RECEIVE GOOD NEWS JUST WAIT.
GOOD LUCK

PAT
I can't wait
APPLIED ILR BY POST
APPLIED 20TH JULY 2016
HMC CONFIRMATION 15TH AUG
BIOMETRIC DONE 12 SEPTEMBER
3 times HMC reply me that within 6 months they will decide, but still waiting.

Lantenac06

Post by Lantenac06 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:47 pm

ILR Set O, following 5 years on Tier-1 General
Application sent: 9 June 2016
Application received: 10 June 2016
Letter for Biometrics received: 22 June
Biometrics submitted: 23 June
Application response: Still waiting

It is now approaching seven months from my original application date, and I have yet to receive any contact from the Home Office since I completed my biometrics in June. I never received any communication to indicate it would take longer than the standard six month timeframe, though this seems to be fairly common at the moment.

I followed up with my MPs office to request help when six months were reached, and they were advised that my application is 'Awaiting an interview referral, as you might need to be seen in person'. However, they have still not confirmed to me or my MP's office that an interview actually will take place, and I don't know if this will occur or if it was just a tactic to stall and offer an excuse to my MP's office as to why the six-month timeframe was missed.

I suppose the holiday period hasn't helped, and I am hoping a letter of some kind will be making its way to me soon. Best of luck to everyone who is in a similar position; more than six months is a long time to be without one's passport, or any indication how much longer the wait will be.

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:01 pm

Lantenac06 wrote:ILR Set O, following 5 years on Tier-1 General

It is now approaching seven months from my original application date, and I have yet to receive any contact from the Home Office since I completed my biometrics in June. I never received any communication to indicate it would take longer than the standard six month timeframe, though this seems to be fairly common at the moment.

I followed up with my MPs office to request help when six months were reached, and they were advised that my application is 'Awaiting an interview referral, as you might need to be seen in person'. However, they have still not confirmed to me or my MP's office that an interview actually will take place, and I don't know if this will occur or if it was just a tactic to stall and offer an excuse to my MP's office as to why the six-month timeframe was missed.

I suppose the holiday period hasn't helped, and I am hoping a letter of some kind will be making its way to me soon. Best of luck to everyone who is in a similar position; more than six months is a long time to be without one's passport, or any indication how much longer the wait will be.
Did you have any tax problem ? Any amendment??

Lantenac06

Post by Lantenac06 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:13 pm

No amendments or overt issues. I am not self-employed, but did previously declare both foreign-earned income and UK income paid via PAYE, which would be the only potential complication I can think of.

It still seems strange to me that if this were going to hold up my application, they would not have contacted me by now to advise me that they would require longer than the stated six month timeframe.
Happy85 wrote:

Did you have any tax problem ? Any amendment??

ahmed_110
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_110 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:03 pm

well , am in the same boat as you and am sure there will be many more. It's like 7 months and haven't recieved one letter or e mail from them at all. I read on this board that few members are getting regular updates but i have no clue when they will take a decision and how long they require ?

I have had amendments and have cleared all outstanding tax of 2010 5 months or more ago, i thought about going to MP but heard from another friend of mine that it won't be that helpful and they are taking time the much they want. I do think , they charge such a big amount of fees and should process the cases a bit quicker than what they actually do.

I hope the outcome will turn out good for you and for us all who are suffering through this endless wait.

Please keep us update of any progress !! :?

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:42 pm

ahmed_110 wrote:

well , am in the same boat as you and am sure there will be many more. It's like 7 months and haven't recieved one letter or e mail from them at all. I read on this board that few members are getting regular updates but i have no clue when they will take a decision and how long they require ?

I have had amendments and have cleared all outstanding tax of 2010 5 months or more ago, i thought about going to MP but heard from another friend of mine that it won't be that helpful and they are taking time the much they want. I do think , they charge such a big amount of fees and should process the cases a bit quicker than what they actually do.

I hope the outcome will turn out good for you and for us all who are suffering through this endless wait.

Brothers is there anyway we can fight with HO, because we paid all the tax and still we need to wait for ILR it's ridiculous . Each ad every documents are clear but HO Doesn't want to give us ILR. We have to go court & fight against HO. Many thanks .

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:33 am

pinkesh wrote:HI ALL
I AM A SILENT READER JUST WANT TO SHARE MY TIMELINE
APPLIED ILR THROUGH DL ROUTE 6 YEARS
APPLIED 15/7/2016 SETO
BIO MATRIC DONE 22/08/16
RECEIVED ILR APPROVAL LETTER TODAY 22/12/16
I HOPE EVERY ONE WAITING RECEIVE GOOD NEWS JUST WAIT.
GOOD LUCK

PAT
hi pinkesh congratulation bro,,,,
which base did you applied ILR ? is it 5 years base or 5+1 base?
or did you had any amendment tax or anything .
plz bro reply asap.

many thanks
Rajesh

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:35 pm

itratzahrahusain wrote:I applied for my ILR on 23rd June, 2016.

Biometrics done in beginning of August, 2016.

After 6 months exactly !

Received the following letter today on 23.12.2016 (dated 21.12.2016) stating:

"Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

UK Visas and Immigration."

Any ideas what happens next?
Deception With Tax Issues – ILR refused?

ILR Refused / Rejected? Alleged Deception? Tax Issues Involved?
Concerned About ILR Application Refusal?

The UK Home Office is refusing some ILR applications mostly under paragraph 322(2), 322(5) and 19 J (iv) alleging that the applicant has used deception either in their current application or in a previous application, and claimed points for earnings from self-employment / limited company dividends which were not declared to HMRC. In other words, that they are not paying the correct tax and earnings are therefore deemed as fabricated / not genuine income.
As a result of this rejection, applicants and their families could be removed from the UK leaving behind a career and many years’ hard work.

Lantenac06

Post by Lantenac06 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Thank you, Ahmed. Best of luck to you as well; I sincerely hope we receive responses soon.
ahmed_110 wrote:

balu78
Newly Registered

Post by balu78 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:01 pm

Rajesh,

I am on full time employment with same company who sponsored me, so all tax paid on earning. My application was very simple....
Happy85 wrote:

I am very happy to inform that I have received my ILR today and my timelines as follow...

No mains received
ILR Approval and Documents received : 23rd Dec 2016
BRP: expected in 7 working days.

Long wait has come to end finally and my timelines are just below 6 months...
Thanks for all updates and all the best to those who are waiting.
Merry Christmas and happy new year

Regards,
Balu

I have been reading this forum regularly and it gives lot of information and updates, which gave me some peace. My ILR SET (O) postal application details....

No mains received
Single full time employment (Cos)

My application is pretty straight no complications. Its been 5 months and i noticed someone received ILR on 24th Nov, applied on 16th June so i am hoping to receive in a week or 2 . I will keep you updated.
Please update anyone who applied in June and received ILR recently.
hi
congratulation i want to ask you something, did you have any amendment tax or any tax problems? did you paid every year tax same time or not. Pls let us know. are you show self empyoment and company as well . how many jobs you mentions in your applications.
many thnaks

rajesh

ahmed_110
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_110 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:55 pm

Happy85 wrote:
ahmed_110 wrote:

Brothers is there anyway we can fight with HO, because we paid all the tax and still we need to wait for ILR it's ridiculous . Each ad every documents are clear but HO Doesn't want to give us ILR. We have to go court & fight against HO. Many thanks .

happy 85 , to be honest i don't think we could do anything at this stage other than waiting. Legally , it would gonna take forever to take it further if there's any option !

ahmed_110
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_110 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:58 pm

Lantenac06 wrote:Thank you, Ahmed. Best of luck to you as well; I sincerely hope we receive responses soon.
ahmed_110 wrote:

Cheers Lantenac06 ! i hope this torture will finish soon. Its pretty frustrating not be able to travel anywhere and can't even apply for a new position without passport.

But as i said before keep us updated with any new development !

omokehinde
Newly Registered

Post by omokehinde » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:14 am

Hello everyone,

Happy new year! Hope 2017 brings you joy and happiness.

Still waiting for the outcome of my application (now 11 months still not email or letter from HO);

Date applied: 03-02-2016
Payment take: 08-02-2016
Biometric letter: 10-02-2016
Biometric submitted: 12-02-2016

No email or letter since biometric letter. Multiple calls to HO contact centre trhoughout 2016- same response "application still under consideration"

My question is when i get a response, will the visa be back-dated to the application date or will it reflect the decision date?

shazu
Newly Registered

Post by shazu » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:10 pm

Hello,
APPLIED BY POST ON 20 JULY 2016,
HMC CONFIRMATION 15 AUGUST 2016
BIOMETRIC 12 SEPTEMBER 2016
THREE TIMES HMC REPLIED THAT THEY WOULD DECIDE WITHIN 6 MONTHS

poketoho
Newly Registered

Post by poketoho » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:14 pm

by omokehinde » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:14 am
Hello everyone,

Happy new year! Hope 2017 brings you joy and happiness.

Still waiting for the outcome of my application (now 11 months still not email or letter from HO);

Date applied: 03-02-2016
Payment take: 08-02-2016
Biometric letter: 10-02-2016
Biometric submitted: 12-02-2016

No email or letter since biometric letter. Multiple calls to HO contact centre trhoughout 2016- same response "application still under consideration"

My question is when i get a response, will the visa be back-dated to the application date or will it reflect the decision date?
It is obviously going to reflect the current decesion date! UKVI will not back date anything!
Best of luck!....... omokehinde

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:09 am

idonthaveone wrote:
idonthaveone wrote:Hello guys

My ILR SET(O) timeline

ILR SET(O)
Date Posted: 01/07/2016
Date of Receipt: 04/07/2016
Payment Taken : 14/07/2016
Acknowledgement Letter/E-mail: 20th of every month
Bio-metrics letter: 29/07/2016
Bio-metrics submitted: 30/07/2016
waiting

Nearly coming to 6 month time and no news except the email acknowledgment every month
Received the same letter through email on 22-12-2016 informing me my case cannot be decided in 6 months time.
hi idonthaveone
any news from home-office. did you ask yout solicitor ?
many thanks

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:12 am

ahmed_110 wrote:Hello Everyone ,

I posted my ILR application on 12/06/2016 on tier (1) General

i had amendments of 2010/11 but it got corrected by HMRC in a month after applying and all outstanding tax was paid.

I haven't heard anything back till now, i read few posts where applicants have received e mails/ letters but unfortunately, i haven't received any correspondence other than acceptance letter which stated that they will require 6 months to process my case.

Those 6 months have passed a week ago. is there any update on how long are they taking and if anyone could share their decision.

thanks in advance.

best regards,
hi ahmed
any update from HO.
any news from anyone
did you contact HO.
many thanks.