ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to Pakistan from UK first time after BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mjm9691

Travelling to Pakistan from UK first time after BC

Post by mjm9691 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:25 am

Please clarify the following confusion, assuming I have both dual national valid passports and no Nicop:

1 Which passport should I show at airline check in counter in UK
2. Which passport I should show while exiting UK immigration
3. Which passport line I should be in when going through immigration on arrival in Pakistan
4. Which passport should I show to the immigration officer at entry in Pakistan for arrival stamping
5. While leaving Pakistan which passport should I show at airline check in counter
6. Which passport should I show to immigration officer on exit from Pakistan for exit stamp
7. As I will show British passport on arrival in UK, should it have exit stamp when I left Pakistan

Many thanks.

noajthan

Re: Travelling to Pakistan from UK first time after BC

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:51 am

Show both. Let airline and immigration staff/ border guards figure it out - that's their job.

Make sure name and number matches on flight booking.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:27 am

I believe it would be something as follows (but to make your life easier, just show both at every step and let them figure it out)

1. Probably your Pakistani passport, as British citizens are not visa free to Pakistan
2. Doesn't matter
3. Home citizens line as it's your own country!
4. Pakistani
5. Probably your British passport, as Pakistani citizens are not visa free to UK
6. Almost certainly your Pakistani passport
7. Doesn't matter

mjm9691

Post by mjm9691 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:12 am

That means when I arrive in UK there will be no stamp on my British passport when leaving the UK and when arriving back. How does that affect my travelling and where is the proof of leaving and at entry in UK. Shouldn't my British passport be stamped also when exiting Pakistan.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:16 am

mjm9691 wrote:That means when I arrive in UK there will be no stamp on my British passport when leaving the UK and when arriving back. How does that affect my travelling and where is the proof of leaving and at entry in UK. Shouldn't my British passport be stamped also when exiting Pakistan.
You don't need a stamp in your British passport. It is all electronic now. Why do you think you will need stamps in your BC passport??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mjm9691

Post by mjm9691 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:06 pm

Let's put it this way then what is the proof when I left UK? and on arrival where did I come from when my British passport is scanned

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:18 pm

Your passport is scanned on departure.

Why does this even matter in regards to your British passport :?:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:51 pm

mjm9691 wrote:Let's put it this way then what is the proof when I left UK? and on arrival where did I come from when my British passport is sca
nned
These days you are tracked even before you hit the airport and then every step of the way.

mjm9691

Post by mjm9691 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:54 pm

As the airline will ask for Pakistani passport as I don't have visa for Pakistan when leaving UK so that passport will be scanned. So when does my British passport get scanned ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:59 pm

CR001 wrote:Why does this even matter in regards to your British passport :?:
I don't understand why you think there is an issue :shock:

What are you trying to achieve with this issue :?:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:42 pm

Solution is to get nicop from pakistani HC. You can use pakistani passport for entry in pakistan but what will you do at the time of exit from Pakistan? There will be no visa or entry stamp on your british passport and you probably have no valid visa on your Pakistani passport. Pakistani authorities will not let you exit for travel to UK on a British passport that does not has pakistani visa and entry stamp. Do not complicate things either get pakistani visa or nicop and use your british passport for travel.

mjm9691

Post by mjm9691 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:54 pm

Crimson76 has worried me more can you elaborate on that cr001. I don't need a Nicop I have a valid Pakistani passport.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:37 am

mjm9691 wrote:That means when I arrive in UK there will be no stamp on my British passport when leaving the UK and when arriving back. How does that affect my travelling and where is the proof of leaving and at entry in UK. Shouldn't my British passport be stamped also when exiting Pakistan.
Why does it matter? British passports (and EU/EEA passports) do not get stamped into or out of the UK unless requested, and they haven't done for years.

UK immigration will not care if your UK passport has been stamped by any other country or not. You're making a huge deal out of something which is completely irrelevant.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:35 am

mjm9691 wrote:Let's put it this way then what is the proof when I left UK? and on arrival where did I come from when my British passport is s
canned
Rest assurred this will be on record even if a borderguard does not even physically see or stamp passport.

It should be clear to concerned persons where you have actually been to and come back from.
Even James Bond with all his passports will leave a trail these days.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:58 pm

noajthan wrote:
mjm9691 wrote:Let's put it this way then what is the proof when I left UK? and on arrival where did I come from when my British passport is s
canned
Rest assurred this will be on record even if a borderguard does not even physically see or stamp passport.

It should be clear to concerned persons where you have actually been to and come back from.
Even James Bond with all his passports will leave a trail these days.
You will not face any problems with Uk border authorities. However, sometimes at Pakistani airports at the time of exit when you present your passport to FIA officials might find it suspicious if there is no visa for Pakistan or entry stamp on your passport, they could start asking questions and give you undue hassle. I have known people who missed their flight because of FIA investigations. May be it is perfectly legal to travel to Pakistan on Pakistani passport and exit on British passport. However, Pakistani FIA staff is known for creating problems for exiting passengers, if you can pull strings and/or grease palms you will be fine. Do your research and then set your sails to yonder shores.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:53 pm

crimson76 wrote:May be it is perfectly legal to travel to Pakistan on Pakistani passport and exit on British passport.
Why is it a problem to exit Pakistan using a Pakistani passport :?:

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:37 pm

ohara wrote:
crimson76 wrote:May be it is perfectly legal to travel to Pakistan on Pakistani passport and exit on British passport.
Because he does not have British visa on his Pakistani passport. Immigration staff at Pakistani airport will not let him board UK bound flight without visa. If he intends to use British passport , he must get either NICOP OR Pakistani visa on British passport.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:38 pm

ohara wrote:
Because he does not have British visa on his Pakistani passport. Immigration staff at Pakistani airport will not let him board UK bound flight without visa. If he intends to use British passport , he must get either NICOP OR Pakistani visa on British passport.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:03 pm

You can visit Pakistan with Pakistani and British passport. You don't need NICOP or Pakistan visa for your visit. My wife visit pak last month with both Pakistani and British passport.
At the time of exit Pakistani immigration offiical check both passports and thats it.

mjm9691

Post by mjm9691 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:00 am

Thanks sshah 20 for sharing the actual experience, which line did she go in when she entered pakistan and did she show both passports at airline check in when leaving UK

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:19 am

Why would queuing in any line be an issue? You can use any in pak. Carry both passports and show whatever requested :)

Keep it simple and don't complicate it for yourself :) you are worrying for no reason.

You are national of both countries so it's your right to get admission into both!!

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:47 am

You need to prove that you're either citizen of the country you're traveling to or you have a visa if required. In your case, simply travel to Pakistan on Pakistani passport and return to UK using British passport. No one here cares about exit stamp etc but even they ask, you can present both passports. Simple! No queueing.
lets get together for migrants' rights

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi,

From my personal experience I would strongly suggest that you get a NICOP before you travel coz when you arrive in pakistan they will just take a look at your NICOP along with your British passport and will stamp your British Passport with entry stamp on the day you arrive in pakistan.

Your British passport will NOT be stamped when leaving UK but will be definitely stamped on arrival at a Pakistan airport and will be stamped again with EXIT stamp when you leave pakistan and when you arrive back in UK it will NOT be stamped but they might ask you other questions to verify and establish if it's a legitimate document you travelled on

On your way back you will again present your NICOP as proof of citizenship of pakistan and your British Passport as proof of your UK visa free access and your British Passport will be stamped with EXIT stamp and thus will be an evidence that you travelled to pakistan.

When you will travel pakistan you will just present your NICOP and British passport everywhere from airline counter to all the way to pakistan and back to the UK.

NICOP card makes life so much easier and it's very straightforward to get from Pakistan HC, London.

I would advise you to take your pakistani passport with you just in case but it will NOT be stamped and will NOT be required anywhere if you have a NICOP and a valid British passport.

If you have any queries then please ask.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:32 pm

mjm9691 wrote:Please clarify the following confusion, assuming I have both dual national valid passports and no Nicop:

1 Which passport should I show at airline check in counter in UK
British Passport and Pakistan NICOP

2. Which passport I should show while exiting UK immigration
British Passport and Pakistan NICOP

3. Which passport line I should be in when going through immigration on arrival in Pakistan
Foreign Passport Holders queue or Just any counter would be fine where your British Passport will be Stamped with entry date and NICOP will be checked to verify you are a dual national with visa free access to pakistan

4. Which passport should I show to the immigration officer at entry in Pakistan for arrival stamping
Present your British Passport which will be Stamped with entry date and NICOP will be checked to verify you are a dual national with visa free access to pakistan.

5. While leaving Pakistan which passport should I show at airline check in counter
British Passport, NICOP and return Ticket

6. Which passport should I show to immigration officer on exit from Pakistan for exit stamp
British Passport and NICOP, your British Passport will be stamped with EXIT stamp.

7. As I will show British passport on arrival in UK, should it have exit stamp when I left Pakistan
It will have EXIT stamp when you leave Pakistan.

Many thanks.
Get yourself a NICOP and avoid all confusion of having two passports, I hope your questions are now properly answered now and keep your GREEN pakistan passport with your old documents to be never used again. :D
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.