ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted COS allocation - Urgent Help Please

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mul5387
Newly Registered

Unrestricted COS allocation - Urgent Help Please

Post by mul5387 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:14 am

Hi All,

My current tier 2 going to finish on 15 FEB 2017. I asked my employer in start of DEC to assign me new COS. They realised that they do not have Unrestricted COS allocations available so they applied for Unrestricted COS allocation for me on 12 DEC. There is no update from Home Office till now about COS allocation. I have read on Home Office website that it can take up to 18 weeks processing time. Is it correct?

I am going to get married in India in FEB. I though I will have COS with me in first week of DEC and can sort out everything before Christmas (via Premium Service) but...

I know it was foolish decision to start all arrangements for wedding before I have new Tier 2 in my hand. Can anyone please suggest me something?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Unrestricted COS allocation - Urgent Help Please

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:35 pm

Nothing you can do but wait. Given the holiday season, there could well be a delay. Suggest your company contact UKVI/HO early January to see if they can expedite.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

flower2013
Newly Registered

Post by flower2013 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:40 pm

Hi
I am in the same situation as well. Please do post when you receive your COS. If you calling home office please mention that as well.

Thank you

mul5387
Newly Registered

Post by mul5387 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:13 am

flower2013 wrote:Hi
I am in the same situation as well. Please do post when you receive your COS. If you calling home office please mention that as well.

Thank you
Hi,

I haven't received any update from the home office/UKVI yet. I will let you know as soon as I have any news on it. I have read a lot of post today on this forum similar to our situation and it seems like it takes about 6-7 weeks on an average to get allocation (unless your visa is ending before that and your employer call Home Office/UKVI). Considering Christmas holidays, I am expecting to get my COS allocation by first or second week of Feb.