ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents Immigration Issue

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

K Shaw
Newly Registered

Parents Immigration Issue

Post by K Shaw » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:52 pm

My parents applied for self-employed/entrepreneur back in 2007. After 10 years, we withdrew their case. Their case was transferred to London and they did not respond to any of the clarifications our lawyer asked for regarding the submission of documents. I am a Canadian resident while two of my sisters are Canadian citizens. Now, my father has developed kidney problems and is on dialysis. After my PR, I had to move back to my home country to be around my parents. I fear that I don't have much time left for my PR to get expired and I cannot leave without my parents. Supervisa does not cover dialysis and without health insurance we cannot afford his health issue.

Moreover, in 2008, while my father was at work and one day he received an anonymous letter threatening him that he would have to pay CAN 50K otherwise his family will be kidnapped. That, our family is overseas and we were in a good position to pay this amount. The police were able to trace him and he turned out to be a contract driver at work hoping for some quick money. He remained behind bars for 2 years while the case was proceeding. At that point, his family pleaded hard for mercy offering visits to our home and my kind hearted father forgave him for his act. Last month, my father was out on a routine and he had multiple gunshots fired at his vehicle. He remained safe thanks to God Almighty. We have filed the police report and we suspect its the same guy but its too soon to say as the investigation is underway and that guy is nowhere to be found.

Do we qualify on humanitarian/compassionate grounds? When I move to Canada with my parents I would also be contributing to the economy as well along with my sisters who are already there. Plus, we been waiting in que for more than 10 years for our initial immigration application. Being the only son, I cannot leave my parents while he needs help with his health issue and now this police case. I really want to move back and start and new life in Canada if my parents are with me.