ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice regarding 5 year route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AJwife
Newly Registered

Advice please

Post by AJwife » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:59 am

Hello,

Can anyone advise on my situation please. In 2000 I came to the UK at age 15 as a visitor to see my mum who was a student, she then applied for me to stay as her dependent, She was refused her visa extension and it continued being appealed until I became an adult my mum and siblings all now have indefinite leave except me.

I was then advised to apply independently as an adult which I did and was refused this was 2010, the lawyer resubmitted the case and they kept it until 2014 where they asked for further information, they eventually granted me on the basis of my private life as I had 2 British children and a fiancé in the armed forces.

My visa expired 27th Dec I submitted for a new one in time, the issue is in the time I was granted my first visa my fiancé who the UKVI recognised as my partner who is also the father of my eldest children and I separated he decided he no longer wanted a relationship, my lawyer then advised to update upon reknewal in that time I've got married to a British citizen and had twins with my husband. We got married whilst on vacation our kids are also British.

My husband and I did not live together until last summer 4 months after our marriage but he was active commuting between homes. I was not keen on applying on the basis of my marriage due to my husbands income so I've applied on the basis of a parent, we do not have evidence of living together for 2 years.

I supplied everything for my kids as I am the sole carer for my eldest 2 who's father sees them every other weekend. This isn't arranged by court we have just agreed that mutaually, my eldest has autism and I've also supplied all her medical records and letters from school stating she lives with me.

Did I do the right thing? I'm just worried because I have a different relationship and an entirely different life to my previous application I also did not want to be accused of having a marriage of convienice so figured parent route was best.

It's been hell for me as I've lived here more than half my life and I'm ready to be settled and not have to worry anymore.

Any advice?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice please

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:59 am

Based on which partners' children did you apply using the parent route?

If you are married to a BC, you should have applied using the partner route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AJwife
Newly Registered

Re: Advice please

Post by AJwife » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:24 am

Thank you for your reply,

We dont have the evidence to show we have lived together for 2 years because we lived in different places due my husbands job. The only route I found applied to me where I could supply all the evidence I needed was as the sole carer for my eldest two, another thing I factored in was when I applied independently the first time I was refused and told to go back to my country and build a life there because my child at the time was only 3 years old and not yet in school.

I also read the flr fp guidance notes and the bit where it explains a refusal it also says you can be refused if your partner is different from the partner you had in your previous application.

AJwife
Newly Registered

Advice regarding 5 year route

Post by AJwife » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:59 am

Hello,

Can anyone shed light on what I would need to do for my next renewal please. I'm married to a British citizen, I have 4 British Children 2 with my ex and 2 with my husband, I previously had FLR FP private life route and recently renewed and applied as a parent rather than a spouse due to my husband not meeting the income requirement.

I was granted with 5 year parent route but what I'm wondering is does the last 30 months under private life and this 30 months total 5 years or do I need to apply again under the 5 year parent route the next time around.

Thank you