ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

demiane
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by demiane » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:44 am

Vatsas wrote:Hi Guys
I have applied for permanent residence card and it came today! :D .Greek National 6.5 years in U.K. (Studying for 4 years full time BEng and MSc and working for 2,5 years, 2 different employers)
Let me post my timeline here
1) application sent :03/09/16 (first class,signed for)
2)application recieved from Home office :05/09/16
3)Money taken for the application : 06/09/16 ( 65 pounds with a reference as EU Liverpool, I filled in my credit card details although some prefer Cheque which takes longer to process)
4)confirmation email from Home office showing case ID number :26/9/16 (You shouldn't worry that much if you don't get it the process is standard, mine went to my junk folder and saw it by accident
5)PR card issued by home office :13/12/16 (they have sent everything in one envelope, the blue card with a letter of approval with regards to when I can apply for British citizenship and all my paperwork as it was sent to them)
6) PR card with all documentation : came on the 17/12/16.postman arrived 0930 in the morning .( I have supplied the home office with a prepaid envelope and they have placed everything inside,paperwork separately and permanent residence card with letter separately too)
My case wasn't the easiest one. I gathered all my documents and separated them in chapters with numbers explaining what was each original document.This makes the life of case workers easier.my advise to anyone applying : Read the guidance notes carefully, prepare a personal statement explaining your case and try to organise your papers as much as possible .this will make the process faster .you need CSI Insurance if you were studying full time .i have provided this from my relevant sector in Greece were I was insured and translated everything .
Total waiting time 104 days (as I was expecting from what I read on this forum)
Good luck to everyone applying .
I am moving to the other forum for British citizenship now!!!
Happy days
Best regards
Yannis
Hi Yiannis,

I am also a Greek citizen and was thinking of applying for PR. What sort of evidence did you provide for CSI and where did you have it translated? I was also paying health insurance in Greece while I was a student (TSMEDE) but I didn't know you could use that as evidence for CSI (I thought they only accepted the Greek EHIC card as evidence).

Thanks!

Joanna

eLnof
Newly Registered

Post by eLnof » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:26 pm

Fellows, quick question if you please. My biometric card came in the post today but it doesn't say "permanent" anywhere! Instead, it has 5yrs on it and in the type says "Family Member - EU Residence"! And nothing came for my wife and kids (the EEA nationals).

I tried to look for samples online but I saw one that specifically said "Permanent Residence".

I'm quite confused now and don't know what exactly is going on. I could, of course, wait until the entire package comes but anxiety's just kicked in and I'm like a headless chicken at the moment :!: .

Could they have rejected their application but gave me an extension to my expired residence card :?: After all, we used the EEA PR form, so in keeping with "sticking to the rules and guidelines", one would think they'd just reject it and asked me to re-apply for a 5-yr residence card.

Do your cards show "PERMANENT RESIDENCE" or other text?
Any help is genuinely appreciated!!

amazighman

Post by amazighman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:57 pm

I think u get a letter certifying permanent residence before you get your card or docs.

eLnof
Newly Registered

Post by eLnof » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:01 pm

amazighman wrote:I think u get a letter certifying permanent residence before you get your card or docs.
Which we didn't. I even called yesterday to enquire about the application progress and was told that no decision's been made yet and it shows "pending". So how come on 04/01/2017 the system showed "pending" when the card was issued on 03/01 (one day before) ?!!!!

(and thank you for responding)

JustAnotherOneWhoWaits
Newly Registered

Post by JustAnotherOneWhoWaits » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:44 pm

eLnof wrote:
amazighman wrote:I think u get a letter certifying permanent residence before you get your card or docs.
Which we didn't. I even called yesterday to enquire about the application progress and was told that no decision's been made yet and it shows "pending". So how come on 04/01/2017 the system showed "pending" when the card was issued on 03/01 (one day before) ?!!!!

(and thank you for responding)
We were told yesterday the same thing. I think they give this answer to everyone. It is meaningless to say that they haven't reached a decision, they have no timeline about when they will reach a decision and there is no knowledge as to why...

A shame there's nothing really we can do! Did you try to call them and check with them what is that card you received? Also might be worth confronting them with the difference between the information they gave you and the date of your card?

twgal

Post by twgal » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:52 pm

Hello, I've just received the confirmation email from UKVI, the one that included the case ID, so I'm updating my timeline. This was very fast, but it's probably because I requested passports straight after I saw on Royal Mail that UKVI received my application?

Paper DCPR applications for EEA A2 citizen + EEA A2 minor child

Application Sent: 30 Dec 2016
Application Received: 3 Jan 2017
Passport requested back: 3 Jan 2017
Payment taken: 4 Jan 2017
Confirmation email by HO: 6 January 2017
Passport received:
PR Date:
PR Received:

eLnof
Newly Registered

Post by eLnof » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:55 pm

JustAnotherOneWhoWaits wrote:
We were told yesterday the same thing. I think they give this answer to everyone. It is meaningless to say that they haven't reached a decision, they have no timeline about when they will reach a decision and there is no knowledge as to why...

A shame there's nothing really we can do! Did you try to call them and check with them what is that card you received? Also might be worth confronting them with the difference between the information they gave you and the date of your card?
Confront who? :D

They'll say:"Sorry, I don't know who you spoke to or why they said that, but what I can see in front of me on the system is bla bla bla"

There is absolutely nothing (meaningful) that I can do until I receive the letter with the decision to understand on what basis was that card issued.

Kind of feels like this anxiety is the desired outcome of all the complexity in the system...I could almost hear voices of the typical daily mail reader saying:"that's OUR system! if you don't like it, go back to your country" :mrgreen:

JustAnotherOneWhoWaits
Newly Registered

Post by JustAnotherOneWhoWaits » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:10 pm

eLnof wrote:
JustAnotherOneWhoWaits wrote:

Confront who? :D

They'll say:"Sorry, I don't know who you spoke to or why they said that, but what I can see in front of me on the system is bla bla bla"

There is absolutely nothing (meaningful) that I can do until I receive the letter with the decision to understand on what basis was that card issued.

Kind of feels like this anxiety is the desired outcome of all the complexity in the system...I could almost hear voices of the typical daily mail reader saying:"that's OUR system! if you don't like it, go back to your country" :mrgreen:
You're probably right, but I don't think they are worst than most other immigration departments. I'm just mainly frustrated because I'm unable to travel (my five years card expired and I'm a non-EEA...).

eLnof
Newly Registered

Post by eLnof » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:57 pm

JustAnotherOneWhoWaits wrote: You're probably right, but I don't think they are worst than most other immigration departments. I'm just mainly frustrated because I'm unable to travel (my five years card expired and I'm a non-EEA...).
Same here.. I'm non-EEA, my card expired in September and had to miss on work opportunities that required travel (albeit I cannot prove it, otherwise I would've taken legal action) because of their unjustifiable delay.

Gerkema

Post by Gerkema » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:29 pm

My timeline:

Application sent: 22 August 2016
Application received: 23 August 2016
Payment taken: 24 August 2016 (by credit card)
Confirmation letter from HO: 14 September 2016
PR card received: 28 December 2016

I am an EEA national (Dutch) having lived and worked full time in the UK from 15 September 2008 onwards. During this period I had 3 different employers. I sent about 4 bank statements for every year, P60s for the finished tax years and payslips for 2016/2017 to the Home Office together with my EU identity card as I needed my passport for travelling.

The confirmation letter states that I have permanent residency since 15 September 2013 although the card is dated 14 December 2016. It doesn't really matter as I don't plan to apply for British citizenship anyway. It's just good to have PR with the Brexit that is looming.

vndpag

Post by vndpag » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi everyone

Thanks to GOD I have finally received my PR card
Stress is over it was more then six month but finally with happy ending.
Please see timeline may help others

Application sent 20/06/2016
Bio Metric received 27/07/2016 (Done & Sent same day )
COA Received 25/08/2016 ( I had to chase and sent email)
PR card received 6/01/2017 (Dated 04/01/2017)

Good luck every one whose waiting and thank you so much for moderators and gurus
EEA1 & EEA2 Application sent on 26/07/2011
Received by Home Office 27/07/2011
EEA1 and COA Received in one pack 23/09/2011 (Dated 01/09/2011)
Resident Card 18/10/2011

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:18 pm

eLnof wrote:Fellows, quick question if you please. My biometric card came in the post today but it doesn't say "permanent" anywhere! Instead, it has 5yrs on it and in the type says "Family Member - EU Residence"! And nothing came for my wife and kids (the EEA nationals).

I tried to look for samples online but I saw one that specifically said "Permanent Residence".

Could they have rejected their application but gave me an extension to my expired residence card :?: After all, we used the EEA PR form, so in keeping with "sticking to the rules and guidelines", one would think they'd just reject it and asked me to re-apply for a 5-yr residence card.

Do your cards show "PERMANENT RESIDENCE" or other text?
Any help is genuinely appreciated!!
Sometimes those who fail to make the cut are directly issued with a RC.

See examples here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... nts_v5.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tayyabbilal

Post by tayyabbilal » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:46 pm

Can you please advise on which number i contact home office for update?

My timeline is below
Application sent 16/06/2016
Application received: 17/06/2016
Still waiting for outcome.....

Sali6454

Post by Sali6454 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:42 am

tayyabbilal wrote:Can you please advise on which number i contact home office for update?

My timeline is below
Application sent 16/06/2016
Application received: 17/06/2016
Still waiting for outcome.....

0300 123 2253

eLnof
Newly Registered

Post by eLnof » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:13 pm

fellows,
finally got the response.

updated timeline hereafter:

Our timeline so far is:
Application submitted: 20/06/2016
Application received: 21/06/2016
Payment taken: 24/06/2016
Case reference for EEA nationals received (email): 25/07/2016
Biometric Enrollment letter for non-EEA received: xx/07/2016
COA for non-EEA received (letter): 30/07/2016
Decision letter: 07/01/2017 (sent with all submitted documents in the prepaid envelope)
Documents returned: 07/01/2017
PR Cards : 05/01/2017 (issued 03/01/2017)

On a different subject, the UKBA helpline is absolutely pointless.. when I called on 04/01 they said my application was still pending, when in fact it was completed! When I called again on 06/01 to enquire about the discrepancy in the info I got and to ask for explanation as to why my biometric card doesn't explicitly state "Permanent Residence", the person on the other end of the line was so dismissive and borderline rude. He even hung up right after I said:" OK, thank you" without bothering to respond... While I realise they're heavily loaded, it is in their job description to respond nicely; firm and decisive but nice!

Anyhow, glad it's over.... hope everyone gets their papers sorted for some piece of mind before the mess that is Brexit starts.

blueeyes
Newly Registered

Post by blueeyes » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:41 pm

Hi eLnof,
Congrats. Just to understand better. Does it mean that they issued family member - residence card 5yrs instead of PR card 10 yrs? Did they confirm that its the same or how did you sort that out?

eLnof
Newly Registered

Post by eLnof » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:46 pm

blueeyes wrote:Hi eLnof,
Congrats. Just to understand better. Does it mean that they issued family member - residence card 5yrs instead of PR card 10 yrs? Did they confirm that its the same or how did you sort that out?
That I am not sure about yet. My wife and kids received their certificates and they clearly state "Permanent Residence" and my letter, too, clearly states "permanent residence". The only thing that doesn't say that is the Biometric Card.

I will write and enquire about this and see what they say! Will keep you updated.

blueeyes
Newly Registered

Post by blueeyes » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:50 pm

Ok elnof, all the best and atleast now you can enjoy your new year.

eLnof
Newly Registered

Post by eLnof » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:54 pm

blueeyes wrote:Ok elnof, all the best and atleast now you can enjoy your new year.
thank you very much. it's a massive relief. all the best to you too.

nwaotu
Newly Registered

Post by nwaotu » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:54 am

Hi Elnof, I think it is a mistake or maybe you were issued a residence card rather than a permanent residence card because a permanent residence card would always bear "PERMANENT RESIDENCE" under the "TYPE OF PERMIT" section. Permanent residence cards are renewable after 10 years. Residence cards are valid for 5 years.

I think you need to contact the Home Office as a mistake has been made or maybe they thought you weren't qualified for a permanent residence card consequently, issued you a residence card (it happens sometimes)

I have copied and pasted as seen below the Home Office email address for biometric residence cards reports that is if it has got a mistake on it:

Email the Home Office on BRCerror@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk within 10 days of receiving your residence card or permanent residence card if there’s a mistake on it.

Include the following in your email:
your full name, date of birth and nationality
your passport number
your case reference number
a contact telephone number
your delivery address
details of exactly what information is wrong

eLnof
Newly Registered

Post by eLnof » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:18 pm

nwaotu wrote:Hi Elnof, I think it is a mistake or maybe you were issued a residence card rather than a permanent residence card because a permanent residence card would always bear "PERMANENT RESIDENCE" under the "TYPE OF PERMIT" section. Permanent residence cards are renewable after 10 years. Residence cards are valid for 5 years.

I think you need to contact the Home Office as a mistake has been made or maybe they thought you weren't qualified for a permanent residence card consequently, issued you a residence card (it happens sometimes)

I have copied and pasted as seen below the Home Office email address for biometric residence cards reports that is if it has got a mistake on it:

Email the Home Office on BRCerror@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk within 10 days of receiving your residence card or permanent residence card if there’s a mistake on it.

Include the following in your email:
your full name, date of birth and nationality
your passport number
your case reference number
a contact telephone number
your delivery address
details of exactly what information is wrong
Thank you very much for your detailed response. I drafted the email already because all the samples I could see online say "permanent resident" and my decision letter is clear on that too, so it's only the BC.

JustAnotherOneWhoWaits
Newly Registered

Post by JustAnotherOneWhoWaits » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:54 pm

eLnof wrote:fellows,
finally got the response.

updated timeline hereafter:

Our timeline so far is:
Application submitted: 20/06/2016
Application received: 21/06/2016
Payment taken: 24/06/2016
Case reference for EEA nationals received (email): 25/07/2016
Biometric Enrollment letter for non-EEA received: xx/07/2016
COA for non-EEA received (letter): 30/07/2016
Decision letter: 07/01/2017 (sent with all submitted documents in the prepaid envelope)
Documents returned: 07/01/2017
PR Cards : 05/01/2017 (issued 03/01/2017)

On a different subject, the UKBA helpline is absolutely pointless.. when I called on 04/01 they said my application was still pending, when in fact it was completed! When I called again on 06/01 to enquire about the discrepancy in the info I got and to ask for explanation as to why my biometric card doesn't explicitly state "Permanent Residence", the person on the other end of the line was so dismissive and borderline rude. He even hung up right after I said:" OK, thank you" without bothering to respond... While I realise they're heavily loaded, it is in their job description to respond nicely; firm and decisive but nice!

Anyhow, glad it's over.... hope everyone gets their papers sorted for some piece of mind before the mess that is Brexit starts.
Congratulations eLnof. Hope everything will be sorted with your card soon!

SRE

Post by SRE » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:15 pm

forzark1 wrote:Non - EU Application sent: 11 Nov 2016
HO received: 14 Nov 2016
Payment taken out: 16 Nov 2016

I had not received any letter for bio-metrics or COA; so I contacted the Home Office via their email on the 14th December.

I then received a letter (dated 14th Dec) saying that I had not done my biometrics within the 15 days and I was given an extra 10 days. (I HAD NEVER RECEIVED ANY LETTER WHATSOEVER).

Anyways I completed my bio-metric enrolment on the 20th December.

Email from HO: ?
COA: ?
PR:?
Hi forzark1,
Can you tell me Which email did you sent to HO asking your biometric letter?thank you for your answer.

forzark1
Newly Registered

Post by forzark1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:26 pm

SRE wrote:

I had not received any letter for bio-metrics or COA; so I contacted the Home Office via their email on the 14th December.

I then received a letter (dated 14th Dec) saying that I had not done my biometrics within the 15 days and I was given an extra 10 days. (I HAD NEVER RECEIVED ANY LETTER WHATSOEVER).

Hi forzark1,
Can you tell me Which email did you sent to HO asking your biometric letter?thank you for your answer.
Hello,

It was to this email: Eurobiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Hope that helps.

SRE

Post by SRE » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:22 pm

forzark1 wrote:
SRE wrote:

Hi forzark1,
Hello,

It was to this email: Eurobiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the email address, I will send an email to them tomorrow....