ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Really worried for Administrative Caution

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dhrupadidhamaka
Newly Registered

Really worried for Administrative Caution

Post by dhrupadidhamaka » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:58 am

Hello all, I really need proper information regarding my Administrative Caution which I got on 2011.

I am Non European Family member of EEA national. We came to UK on 2010. On that time we were not aware that If you get TAX credit you have to inform you Housing benefit office as well. Because we though all are centralized system. Eventually our local council gave us the notice for benefit fraud interview. When we just told them we were not just aware that we have to provide tax credit award letter. However after that They gave us Administrative caution to not follow change of circumstances procedure which was on begining of 2011.

I got my Permanent residence on Feb 2016. This feb 2017 I am going to apply for my british citezenship. I have two query:

1) Will this Benefit Administrative caution issued on 2011 affect my application for british citezenship?

2) Is this mandatory to disclose this information in my application even it is more than 5 years before?

Thanks in advance for your kind advice...

Raff113
Poland

Re: Really worried for Administrative Caution

Post by Raff113 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:09 pm

You are supposed to disclose it, it does not matter how long ago it actually happened ( read the AN guide, it states it clearly), not sure about the effect on your application though. Good luck.

dhrupadidhamaka
Newly Registered

Post by dhrupadidhamaka » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:09 pm

Thanks for your reply...But anyone can tell me If I disclose it what impact can happen to my application...thanks

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:21 am

Citizenship is a discretionary matter, it's a privilege not a right, therefore it is quite hard to predict the outcome of your case or any other case.

Not sure if the ''administrative caution'' should be declared or not if the matter was resolved and didn't end up in court intervention. It would make sense to declare it if the matter escalated and resulted in some sort of civil conviction, penalty etc. In my OPINION you should be fine as long as the matter was NOT resolved in court.

Professional advice would be helpful on this matter before you apply as good character is a very broad subject with no conclusive definition and here in this case whether the disclosure could pose any problem particularly when it didn't end up in court.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

imnewhere

Post by imnewhere » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:31 am

I wouldnt worry too much if i were you.. i had a administrative caution and still paying money to the job centre and i forgot to disclose it and it didnt affect my application. I am now british.
They were threeother people on here with the same who got their citizenship approved. i think one of them disclosed and two didnt.
Hope that eases your mind. i wouldnt worry if i were you. Have you repaid all the money?

imnewhere

Post by imnewhere » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:35 am

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... t#p1358570

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... t#p1333151

Also, here are the links i can find of similar situation.

Any question, let me know

dhrupadidhamaka
Newly Registered

Post by dhrupadidhamaka » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:17 am

So that mean my administrate caution will not affect my application...