ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Documents are Documents required for BC application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

claraluh

What Documents are Documents required for BC application?

Post by claraluh » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:34 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am looking into applying for naturalisation and I have a list of documents but I'm not sure if they are enough. is there any documents I should add to those??

-Application form
-Payment form
-English requirement test
- Life in the Uk test
- Passport + PR or ILR
- Past 3 Payslips
- Letter from employment (I have one from 2014 is it still valid? I am at the same employment)

I requested a history of employment from HMRC, the lady said she could only provide for the past 4 years, If I need more I have to write or email them.

Do I have to send anything else for employment?

Many Thanks!!

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: What Documents are Documents required for BC application

Post by ohara » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:11 am

A good start would be to thoroughly read the AN form and both the AN guide and AN booklet.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an

Additionally you can submit your application through your local council NCS (nationality checking service) for a small fee; they will check your application and all required supporting documents are present and correct.

claraluh

Money owed to HMRC will affect my application?

Post by claraluh » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

I received a letter saying I owe money to HMCR, I contact them and they are investigating as I told them I have not worked in the place they said I was working. But even though the investigation is still running I am currently paying this money back to them, They are currently collecting this money through my PAYE as I am full-time employed. Is this going to affect my application in any ways??

Manh Thanks.

salmintin

Re: Money owed to HMRC will affect my application?

Post by salmintin » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:07 pm

I am interested in this as well. I found out I owe HMRC some money and that I will be paying it next tax year.

But to be extra safe I paid it off immediately and I will dispute it after the application. I called HMRC and they told me that I can do that if I want.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Money owed to HMRC will affect my application?

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:38 pm

It's common that underpaid tax is collected through the tax code so there is nothing to worry about, even if you are disputing the numbers, as long as you comply with all arrangements you have.
Anything more serious tax-related (court orders, bankruptcy, etc) will of course have to be disclosed.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

claraluh

Missing Passport showing entrance in UK missing...

Post by claraluh » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:04 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have my last passport issued on July 2012 and the one prior to that was stolen/lost, I might have a copy of that and I also have a police report of that. I would like to know if it's going to affect my application the fact the I only have my passports for 4 yrs and a half and the other one showing my entrance in the UK in Dec 2008 is missing??

Bearing in mind I have the police report, Copy of the lost passport, letters from home office of my first visa issued in 2009 and past P45, P60.

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:14 pm

All topics merged into one (this one)

Kindly refrain from starting a new topic/thread with every question you have on the same application. You can post all questions in this topic.

See also Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:11 pm

CR001 wrote:All topics merged into one (this one)

Kindly refrain from starting a new topic/thread with every question you have on the same application. You can post all questions in this topic.

See also Multiple Posts (click)
Thanks for letting me know!

I thought that wouldn't be a problem as they are different type of questions (different titles). I have a question now on the missing passport and I don't think people will see that as it was emerged in another topic. But It's ok, rules are rules and we must follow them.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:16 pm

claraluh wrote:...

I thought that wouldn't be a problem as they are different type of questions (different titles). I have a question now on the missing passport and I don't think people will see that as it was emerged in another topic. But It's ok, rules are rules and we must follow them.
Members generally track new posts. So they will see such posts.

And compliance with published Board T&Cs is good practice of the discipline necessary for compliance with naturalisation regulations and requirements which, in general, are far tougher and enforced very rigorously :wink:
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:58 pm

noajthan wrote:
claraluh wrote:...

Members generally track new posts. So they will see such posts.

And compliance with published Board T&Cs is good practice of the discipline necessary for compliance with naturalisation regulations and requirements which, in general, are far tougher and enforced very rigorously :wink:
Totally agree on that. As I said before, rules are rules and we must follow them. I just "assumed" that wouldn't be a problem. Not making any complain on that. And in fact I have searched the forum before but didn't find anything, that's why I posted again. Will search deeper now.

Thanks a lot for all the replies!

noajthan

Re: Missing Passport showing entrance in UK missing...

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:01 pm

claraluh wrote:Hello Everyone,

I have my last passport issued on July 2012 and the one prior to that was stolen/lost, I might have a copy of that and I also have a police report of that. I would like to know if it's going to affect my application the fact the I only have my passports for 4 yrs and a half and the other one showing my entrance in the UK in Dec 2008 is missing??

Bearing in mind I have the police report, Copy of the lost passport, letters from home office of my first visa issued in 2009 and past P45, P60.

Many Thanks
Not a biggie. Current passport will prove id.

You will need to submit alternate evidence of residence in UK if you do not have passports covering your complete period in UK.
As detailed in AN guidance.

And for each year of employment submit evidence of compliance with tax/NI obligations - eg P60s.

From memory, you need photos too (don't you).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

claraluh

Re: Missing Passport showing entrance in UK missing...

Post by claraluh » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:08 pm

noajthan wrote:
claraluh wrote:Hello Everyone,

Many Thanks
Not a biggie. Current passport will prove id.

You will need to submit alternate evidence of residence in UK if you do not have passports covering your complete period in UK.
As detailed in AN guidance.
Thanks a lot for the reply!

From the missing passport I have only a photocopy which was then stamped by my old solicitor with a copy of my first resident visa. I'll then send it with the other documents, and I might have also old P60s and P45.
I read in another topic someone mentioning about a Employment history from HMRC, I've called them and requested that, but they can only send it from 2011 onward.

That might be enough as proof of residency isn't it?

This Forum has helped me a lot, in this current application and also in many past applications. I Just need to learn how to do better searches lol