ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

psc_ilr1003

Re: delay in ILR Application

Post by psc_ilr1003 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:15 pm

pusm wrote:Guys .

Any updates ...
Still nothing :(
hi pusm is it possible to discuss with u on phone as u and i hav recieved exceptionally complex letter.i don't have PM available not sure how to share number

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:30 pm

psc_ilr1003 wrote:

Any updates ...
hi pusm is it possible to discuss with u on phone as u and i hav recieved exceptionally complex letter.i don't have PM available not sure how to share number

You should find that you now have access to the PM facility.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

psc_ilr1003

Post by psc_ilr1003 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:35 pm

Casa wrote:
psc_ilr1003 wrote:

Any updates ...

You should find that you now have access to the PM facility.
thanks

pusm

Post by pusm » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:04 pm

After so long wait , I just asked the MP to follow up and Home Office said

"My application is being considered and will inform a decision"

But I dont understand what this mean

Any ideas ...... Please

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:08 pm

pusm wrote:After so long wait , I just asked the MP to follow up and Home Office said

"My application is being considered and will inform a decision"

But I dont understand what this mean

Any ideas ...... Please
That's what i have been told too. It just means keep waiting as far as i know. Been waiting for a year now.hope this year brings us all smiles and hapiness

pusm

Post by pusm » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:03 pm

Is there is any way can we speed up ?

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:25 pm

pusm wrote:Is there is any way can we speed up ?
I wish there is a way to speed things up to be honest. For now, nothing other than to wait. There is a premium service where you can pay additional £400 per application to upgrade and have a faster decision but most people who have applied for this have been rejected.

ShaDP
Newly Registered

Post by ShaDP » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:45 am

Hi,

I applied for my ILR (Tier 1 G- 5 year route) on 04 Feb 2016, had my interview on 10th Nov 16. Still waiting for a decision from HO. Its nearly a year now..so frustrating.. Have you guys heard any good news yet..

Thanks

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:50 am

ShaDP wrote:Hi,

I applied for my ILR (Tier 1 G- 5 year route) on 04 Feb 2016, had my interview on 10th Nov 16. Still waiting for a decision from HO. Its nearly a year now..so frustrating.. Have you guys heard any good news yet..

Thanks
Hi

You had interview same day as me.haven't heard anything yet.don't know what to do the pressure is just too much. Really frustrated.

ShaDP
Newly Registered

Post by ShaDP » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi Portablejohnson,

Sorry for asking, but when did you apply? I have seen that others who applied mid of last year have received the decision, its just the Jan/Feb 2016 applications that are waiting this long :(

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:14 pm

ShaDP wrote:Hi Portablejohnson,

Sorry for asking, but when did you apply? I have seen that others who applied mid of last year have received the decision, its just the Jan/Feb 2016 applications that are waiting this long :(
Yes,that's true.I submitted 29th Jan 2016.

Zing
Newly Registered

Post by Zing » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:24 am

Hi all,

I thank the moderators of this platform for such an insightful platform in immigration issues. I have gained a lot of knowledge since l came across this platform and joined and l believe if l have come across this platform before my last application l would have done certain things differently.
Guys, am in the same situation with most of you. I initially did a PEO application for ILR based on 5 year T1G on Jan 29th 2016 and was refused due to earning/tax discrepancies between HO and HMRC based on human error.
I did an amendment with HMRC and did a fresh application by post because l still have leave to remain on Feb 20th 2016.
Since then, it has been a very stressful situation but am still hanging on. The last letter l received from HO in August 2016 was that my application have raised exceptional issues so they need more time to reach decision.
So it have been a long wait which l have no clue when it will come to an end.

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:37 am

Zing wrote:Hi all,

I thank the moderators of this platform for such an insightful platform in immigration issues. I have gained a lot of knowledge since l came across this platform and joined and l believe if l have come across this platform before my last application l would have done certain things differently.
Guys, am in the same situation with most of you. I initially did a PEO application for ILR based on 5 year T1G on Jan 29th 2016 and was refused due to earning/tax discrepancies between HO and HMRC based on human error.
I did an amendment with HMRC and did a fresh application by post because l still have leave to remain on Feb 20th 2016.
Since then, it has been a very stressful situation but am still hanging on. The last letter l received from HO in August 2016 was that my application have raised exceptional issues so they need more time to reach decision.
Hi Zing,
Very stressful situation but at this time there is nothing anyone can do. I was invited for an interview in Nov and waiting for a decision. Sleepless nights,worry, anxiety, name it.... Just have to keep praying and trusting God for the best.

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:38 am

Portablejohnson wrote:
Zing wrote:Hi all,

Hi Zing,
Very stressful situation but at this time there is nothing anyone can do. I was invited for an interview in Nov and waiting for a decision. Sleepless nights,worry, anxiety, name it.... Just have to keep praying and trusting God for the best.

Hi Portablejohnson,

I am too on the same boat. Just trying to understand what is the criteria HO uses to delay our ILR application.

Can you please answer the following questions for me

Was your ILR application based on Payee or self employed/Company director?
Were you above the income threshold before the amendments?

Regards

Raj

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi Raj,
Mine is a bit strange, there was 0 record for Self employment in 2012 with HMRC when i did my extension so was called for interview. What happened was i changed accountant so the previous accountant did not submit anything for that period and the new accountant thought the previous one had done it. I did not know about this until i was called for interview so i explained at the interview what happened and i was asked to tell my accountant to send them a letter which has been done so am just waiting for decision now and then the amendment/correction has been submitted to HMRC.
I used income from oversea for ILR application.

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:56 pm

Portablejohnson wrote:Hi Raj,
Mine is a bit strange, there was 0 record for Self employment in 2012 with HMRC when i did my extension so was called for interview. What happened was i changed accountant so the previous accountant did not submit anything for that period and the new accountant thought the previous one had done it. I did not know about this until i was called for interview so i explained at the interview what happened and i was asked to tell my accountant to send them a letter which has been done so am just waiting for decision now and then the amendment/correction has been submitted to HMRC.
I used income from oversea for ILR application.
Hi Portablejohnson,

Many thanks for your reply. I am not sure, But there seems to be a trend with how HO is accessing the current ILR applications.

1. If you have used any income apart from Payee for your ILR application you are being called for interview regardless of whether the applicant had amendment or not.

2. if there are no previous amendments the applicants ILR is issued after an interview.

I have not seen a case where an applicant has had amendments in the past but his/her ILR application is based on Payee and been called for interview or been sent any letters.Please let me know if i am wrong.

Thanks

Raj

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi Raj,

I have seen cases where people have been called for interview based on tax amendment on previous application. They look at both current and previous application.Nobody knows what is happening. Yet to have a decision in a year now.

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:01 pm

I have seen cases where people have been called for interview based on tax amendment on previous application. They look at both current and previous application.Nobody knows what is happening. Yet to have a decision in a year now.

Hi Portablejohnson,

Could you please share the link of any case where the applicant has made ILR application based on payee with previous amendments and has received a interview letter.This will put my mind at ease.

Looking forward to hear from you

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Raj

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi Raj,

Not on this website. Its in a whatsapp group i belong.

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:12 pm

hi raj any update from HO.
anyone get ILR recently

ShaDP
Newly Registered

Post by ShaDP » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:44 pm

Happy85 wrote:

anyone get ILR recently
Nothing for me :( This is too much..anyone tried contacting HO through their local MP? Any luck with that?

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:52 pm

Happy85 wrote:

anyone get ILR recently
Nothing so far Happy85. Still waiting. Will wait for another 2 weeks due to Christmas holiday delays and if i don't hear from them . I will approach them first and then ombudsman to raise a complaint. Like i had mentioned in my earlier post HO is an government department and they are answerable if they have not met their own service standards . They seem to have this attitude that they are not answerable to us , but this is not the case.

Personally i can't wait indefinitely, i have a career and a family back home to go to . And having seen quite a few applicants waiting for almost a year i don't want to wait any longer or see the point in the waiting game.

Please see the link for HO complaints procedure

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

Regards

Raj

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:22 pm

jarraj1102 wrote:
Happy85 wrote:

anyone get ILR recently
Nothing so far Happy85. Still waiting. Will wait for another 2 weeks due to Christmas holiday delays and if i don't hear from them . I will approach them first and then ombudsman to raise a complaint. Like i had mentioned in my earlier post HO is an government department and they are answerable if they have not met their own service standards . They seem to have this attitude that they are not answerable to us , but this is not the case.

Personally i can't wait indefinitely, i have a career and a family back home to go to . And having seen quite a few applicants waiting for almost a year i don't want to wait any longer or see the point in the waiting game.

Please see the link for HO complaints procedure

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

Regards

Raj
hi raj
so what you think in my case>
tier-1 got in 2011.
extend in 2013
tax amendment for 2010-11 which i'm still paying to hmrc every month by installments. it was big amount of tax and hmrc was happy to gave me installment till 2028.
second thing tax for 2013 which i paid in 2015.
i applied ilr in 6 aug 2016
biomatrics in 24 aug 2016
received email from home-ofice,
Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible
Yours sincerely
Temporary Migration Team 11

UK Visas and Immigration
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

plz give me some idea or information what next i have to do it.
Many Thanks
Rajesh

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:42 pm

Raj[/quote]
hi raj
so what you think in my case>
tier-1 got in 2011.
extend in 2013
tax amendment for 2010-11 which i'm still paying to hmrc every month by installments. it was big amount of tax and hmrc was happy to gave me installment till 2028.
second thing tax for 2013 which i paid in 2015.
i applied ilr in 6 aug 2016
biomatrics in 24 aug 2016
received email from home-ofice,
Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible
Yours sincerely
Temporary Migration Team 11

UK Visas and Immigration
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

plz give me some idea or information what next i have to do it.
Many Thanks
Rajesh[/quote]

Hi Rajesh,

Let me give a personal assessment on How HO is accessing amendments currently. Let me be humble upfront by declaring this is just my observation and i can be wrong.

1. If the current ILR application is based on Payee and the pre-amendment figures were above the required threshold and if the amendment figures are corrected to reflect income shown to HO then the applications generally seem to be successful.

2. If the current ILR application is based on Payee and the pre-amendment figures were below the required threshold and if the amendment figures are corrected to reflect income shown to HO ,even in such cases then the applications seem to be successful.

3. If the current ILR application is based on Self employment/Company director especially from multiple sources the applicants are being called for interview regardless of previous amendment history or not.I can see lots of applicants in similar situations on this forum and similar forum, who have had interviews and are waiting for a considerable amount of time.Here i think HO is playing a waiting game to see how successful they are with cases currently in JR. But i feel eventually they will have to give their ILR in such cases because if one government department has accepted the amendments HO as another government cannot decline them.

All the above scenarios may be right only if the amendments were made before the application was made. If the amendments were made after the initial rejection it would be hard to fight the case in JR.

4. If the current ILR application is based on Self employment/Company director from a single source and if there are no amendments previously they might get called for an interview but they eventually get their ILR after a successful interview.

I guess you fall in category 3 . I kind of vaguely know what is the next step with your application.They would send a second letter with a date of the interview which might take good 3 more months and after the interview they might make you wait for another 3 months before deciding on your application.Like i had mentioned this is my personal observation and i can be completely wrong.

Best of luck with your application Rajesh. I sincerely wish you the very best.

Regards

Raj

Zing
Newly Registered

Post by Zing » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:01 am

Hi guys,
Just to let us know that the waiting game continues. I wrote to my case worker at the beginning of this month asking for timeframe HO needs to make the decision on my application. He responded yesterday saying there is no timescale that l have to continue waiting.
Pls, guys l came across a Facebook group in previous T1 G from this forum which l can't find again.Anybody that can send me a link or even whatsapp group where l can actively belong and seek solution/preparation towards moving myself from point A to point B. From PEO and getting decision under 24 hours to this 11 months plus journey is becoming unbearable.