ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If wife is BC husband can apply citizenship ?without waiting

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vndpag

If wife is BC husband can apply citizenship ?without waiting

Post by vndpag » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:04 pm

Hi Gurus and Moderators,

I have some queries before i start to think about BC for my self, I would like to explain the scenario,
My wife going to apply british citizenship in few days 18/01/2017 - ( All paper work done ). I assuming process will complete in 3 months. ( Expecting 25/04/2017 ).
I have received PR Card today under EU immigration dated 04/01/2017. However I married to EU national on 12/07/2011 and living together so therfore I will complete my 6 years on 12/07/2017,
Do I have to wait until 04/01/2018 to apply for british citizenship ?
Or if my wife earn her british citizenship in April 2017 can I apply after April 2017 anytime to be eligible as spouse of british citizen ?
Please advice me on this I am bit confused when I am looking at GOV site regarding spouse of british citizen.

Thank you

noajthan

Re: If wife is BC husband can apply citizenship ?without wai

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:14 am

vndpag wrote:Hi Gurus and Moderators,

I have some queries before i start to think about BC for my self, I would like to explain the scenario,
My wife going to apply british citizenship in few days 18/01/2017 - ( All paper work done ). I assuming process will complete in 3 months. ( Expecting 25/04/2017 ).
I have received PR Card today under EU immigration dated 04/01/2017. However I married to EU national on 12/07/2011 and living together so therfore I will complete my 6 years on 12/07/2017,
Do I have to wait until 04/01/2018 to apply for british citizenship ?
Or if my wife earn her british citizenship in April 2017 can I apply after April 2017 anytime to be eligible as spouse of british citizen ?
Please advice me on this I am bit confused when I am looking at GOV site regarding spouse of british citizen.

Thank you
Date of receipt of card is irrelevant as is the date of issue of card.

You may have acquired the holy grail of PR as early as July 2016.
If making a section 6(1) application wait until July 2017.
Suggest get a SAR and/or apply via NCS (who can check on your CID in HO databanks via HO hotline) to avoid an expensive mistake in timings.

Or, if making a section 6(2) application, that is based on spouse being a BC (when she is), then apply as soon as spouse has become British.
April 2017 or as long as it takes.

Read up on AN guidance to ensure you can meet all requirements; take note of 3 year versus 5 year rules.
Make sure you can also prove physical presence in UK 3 / 5 years before date of application (as the case may be).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vndpag

Post by vndpag » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:40 am

Hi noajthan,

Thank you for your reply I am glad your on every where, you did help me in EU route application and now helping to get right path to be British citizenship,

I was following very closely your replies to others and learn lot from mistake in past. The confident you gave me in dealing with application by your valuable advice and knowledge you hold I truly appreciate that.

I am sure there is many people who benefited with your advice as I do, I want to say thank you so much for your help,

GOD bless with you happiness and successful future head.

Best Regards,
Vndpag

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:01 pm

vndpag wrote:Hi noajthan,

Thank you for your reply I am glad your on every where, you did help me in EU route application and now helping to get right path to be British citizenship,

I was following very closely your replies to others and learn lot from mistake in past. The confident you gave me in dealing with application by your valuable advice and knowledge you hold I truly appreciate that.

I am sure there is many people who benefited with your advice as I do, I want to say thank you so much for your help,

GOD bless with you happiness and successful future head.

Best Regards,
Vndpag
Hello vndpag

There are ofcourse many selfless and generous (and wise) members to be found in the forums.
And I do what I can too - as far as I am able to.

Thank you for your kind appreciation.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.