ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Airport Immigration Problem

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Airport Immigration Problem2

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:57 pm

hellostar wrote:Hi Guys
accept my apology for not replying on time as i have been out for the whole day today to have meeting with different solicitors . If Administrator reopen that thread so i can continue that one and i have some other options after discussing with solicitors today which i want to share and discuss with you guys.. Administrator CASA can you please reopen that thread...
If you want any advice and help from forum members, you need to post the information that has been asked for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hellostar
- thin ice -

Re: Airport Immigration Problem2

Post by hellostar » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
accept my apology for not replying on time as i have been out for the whole day today to have meeting with different solicitors . If Administrator reopen that thread so i can continue that one and i have some other options after discussing with solicitors today which i want to share and discuss with you guys.. Administrator CASA can you please reopen that thread...
If you want any advice and help from forum members, you need to post the information that has been asked for.
Thank you very much for unlocking it

hellostar
- thin ice -

Re: Airport Immigration Problem

Post by hellostar » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:18 am

zimba88 wrote:Again, we are still waiting to hear what the letter says as the reason for curtailment and OP has not shared this here yet :!:
Arguing on what has happened without having all the information will be fruitless :?
Hi Zimba
Last time i spoke with one solicitor he said IS96 means leave has been curtailed , I met two high profile solicitors and both said IS96 doesnt mean leave has been curtailed , it means person has permission for temporary entrance and person can be detained at any time , they say this letter also means you are detained at your home as well, you cant leave that address without letting them (home office or Border Agency) know. And the separate i receive with this IS96 has a list of all the documents which they asked me to bring on that day. And it also mention that they are have requested information from other government department thats why they reschedule my interview date. All the documents listed in this letter i submitted for my extension , so whats the point for asking again and i got my visa extended just 7 months ago.
i have been advised we are not going to do either PAP or JR, First we will write the letter to the border and negotiate with them and find out what exactly the problem was and will see their reply and act accordingly. if they are happy to tell us what was the problem, we will try to send the required documents otherwise i will go for interview and will face it. but i will go with any barrister not alone , you never know if they pressurise me again .

hellostar
- thin ice -

Post by hellostar » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:28 am

noajthan wrote:I am not proposing or condoning any illegal act by IO or by OP.
And at this stage noone can describe an IO doing their job as committing an unlawful act.
Despite shrill cries of outrage no such hard evidence has been presented.

The OP has only just shared the fact he has been issued with IS96, a multi-purpose document, actually issued instead of detaining someone.
My initial posts were made before that brief information was shared.
as i posted earlier IS96 doesnt meant Leave has been curtailed..
All OP initially posted was he has had an interview arranged for a later date because he/family were too tired to be interviewed on the day when stopped at the airport.
So a no-doubt equally weary IO showed some compassion and spared the family further delay after a tiring day.
No sign of victimisation so far.
When i discuss with lawyers they said they couldnt find anything against you at that time otherwise they would have deported you at time and they just made an excuse for the family to let me go . as per laqyers comments they can provide all facilities if and not allowing into the country.
It is also clear OP's answers did not satisfy IO and a defensive attitude (plus inability to answer legitimate and simple business-related questions) set IO's spidey senses tingling.
The OP has done himself no favours here.
I answered everything he asked except that Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 NI and i replied this is accountant work and he does all these for me i am not an accountant..
A JR is those circumstances would be silly, rather than addressing the issue at hand.

T1 visa holders are under immigration control. Face it - its a fact.
Just as any guest worker in any country I can think of would be - and I have been one myself (as well as a small business owner).

The mere fact of holding a T1 visa and investing in UK plc (as per visa requirements) and of paying tax to HMRC (as obliged) does not buy immunity or special treatment in any shape or form - why should it?!

T1 visas are on record as being much abused too - as evidenced by the recent MAC report on future of T1.
So the issue of a visa should not be treated as a carte blanche.

It is still not clear whether PAP, JR and a bunch of barristers would be proportionate or not because OP has still not intimated the reasons for curtailment
Nor whether he is now prohibited from working.
It may be prudent to get a lawyer to check that rather than drafting a PAP.
I am not prohibited from working , he told me while i was being given that letter IS96
So up to now noone can judge that an IO is operating beyond his powers.
After all an IO is not a one-man band (as a T1 business typically is); all critical decisions are vetted and endorsed by CEOs and HEOs up the chain of command as per strict protocol.

And noone should advise T1s not to travel. Many do. Some are questioned (as all travellers can expect to be).
Just as my family have been questioned in the past even when they had ILR.
Even as I have been questioned in US when travelling on a British passport.
Only a small number of T1s report issues such as this.

But a knee-jerk PAP and JR and automatic cries of "outrage!" are symptomatic of a legalistic and unassimilated mindset.
Going into denial and 'hiding' from an interview could make matters worse.
But we are thinking if they pressurise and threaten me in interview as he was trying to do on other day. thats why we are thingking to send them a letter before going to interview. Not hiding from interview anyway but before going to interview want to take any step but neither PAP nor JR.
And if anyone is unclear of the rights and powers of IOs then suggest look them up:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... tv16.0.pdf

(as well keeping abreast of the subleties and nuances of UK NI classes, rates and categories).

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:35 am

Any particular reason you've quoted noajthan's post :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:50 am

Casa wrote:Any particular reason you've quoted noajthan's post :?:
OP has contributed some feedback but its a little hard to see.

Anyway good to see that, after some initial shock and horror, OP is starting to put everything into perspective and, with a level head, now appears to be getting on-track with a better understanding of what's going on - and by addressing the challenges with a rational plan.
That can only pay dividends in the long-run.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:01 am

OP has said that he does not know the reason of his curtailment and now solicitor sending letter to border agency about the reason of his curtailment.
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

FSD

Post by FSD » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:40 pm

"i have been advised we are not going to do either PAP or JR, First we will write the letter to the border and negotiate with them and find out what exactly the problem was and will see their reply and act accordingly. if they are happy to tell us what was the problem, we will try to send the required documents otherwise i will go for interview and will face it. but i will go with any barrister not alone , you never know if they pressurise me again" .
This seems to be a rational way to address your problem because this is important to know the actual reasons and then take actions step by step. Like you said first sending the required documents if they demand and if needed attend interview rather than going directly for PAP or JR. I believe a rational plan of action can produce a positive result

hellostar
- thin ice -

Post by hellostar » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Casa wrote:Any particular reason you've quoted noajthan's post :?:
I quoted Noajthan's post with all the answer ,but i think i couldnt manage to do properly , i will try to separate them in the next post..

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:27 pm

I checked the conditions on which IS96 is given to someone in this document: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... Nov-16.pdf
IS96 was previously served to notify a person (already served with notice of liability to removal) about reporting conditions. It now has multiple uses. It retains the previous function of placing someone without leave on reporting conditions but it may now also be used to inform a person of their liability to detention and TA/vary leave and impose conditions where they have not previously been notified, such as persons walking into ASU as illegal entrants claiming asylum, or where they still have extant or s.3C leave but are likely to be removed from the UK.
It also says that the IS96 has section regarding the reasoning. It requires the person filling the IS96 to clearly mention the reasons. It says:
You will need to complete the “Statement of Specific Reasons” section providing evidence and the legal basis for why you consider the person to be liable to detention and removal (such as the reasons for the illegal entry or overstayer contention or evidence of breach of conditions or sham marriage). For family members you will need to include the name of the main person who is liable to removal and the family member’s relationship to that person.
1) Your leave might have not been curtailed as I guess you should get a separate letter for that but I highly suggest you to contact HO to confirm this. It seems IS96 is 99% of times given to people without a valid leave/reason to be in the UK and liable for removal.

2) What does it say under Statement of Specific Reasons section on your IS96 ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hellostar
- thin ice -

Post by hellostar » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:31 pm

hellostar wrote:
noajthan wrote:I am not proposing or condoning any illegal act by IO or by OP.
And at this stage noone can describe an IO doing their job as committing an unlawful act.
Despite shrill cries of outrage no such hard evidence has been presented.

The OP has only just shared the fact he has been issued with IS96, a multi-purpose document, actually issued instead of detaining someone.
My initial posts were made before that brief information was shared.
as i posted earlier IS96 doesnt meant Leave has been curtailed..
All OP initially posted was he has had an interview arranged for a later date because he/family were too tired to be interviewed on the day when stopped at the airport.
So a no-doubt equally weary IO showed some compassion and spared the family further delay after a tiring day.
No sign of victimisation so far.
When i discuss with lawyers they said they couldnt find anything against you at that time otherwise they would have deported you at time and they just made an excuse for the family to let me go . as per laqyers comments they can provide all facilities if and not allowing into the country.
It is also clear OP's answers did not satisfy IO and a defensive attitude (plus inability to answer legitimate and simple business-related questions) set IO's spidey senses tingling.
The OP has done himself no favours here.
I answered everything he asked except that Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 NI and i replied this is accountant work and he does all these for me i am not an accountant..
A JR is those circumstances would be silly, rather than addressing the issue at hand.

T1 visa holders are under immigration control. Face it - its a fact.
Just as any guest worker in any country I can think of would be - and I have been one myself (as well as a small business owner).

The mere fact of holding a T1 visa and investing in UK plc (as per visa requirements) and of paying tax to HMRC (as obliged) does not buy immunity or special treatment in any shape or form - why should it?!

T1 visas are on record as being much abused too - as evidenced by the recent MAC report on future of T1.
So the issue of a visa should not be treated as a carte blanche.

It is still not clear whether PAP, JR and a bunch of barristers would be proportionate or not because OP has still not intimated the reasons for curtailment
Nor whether he is now prohibited from working.
It may be prudent to get a lawyer to check that rather than drafting a PAP.
I am not prohibited from working , he told me while i was being given that letter IS96
So up to now noone can judge that an IO is operating beyond his powers.
After all an IO is not a one-man band (as a T1 business typically is); all critical decisions are vetted and endorsed by CEOs and HEOs up the chain of command as per strict protocol.

And noone should advise T1s not to travel. Many do. Some are questioned (as all travellers can expect to be).
Just as my family have been questioned in the past even when they had ILR.
Even as I have been questioned in US when travelling on a British passport.
Only a small number of T1s report issues such as this.

But a knee-jerk PAP and JR and automatic cries of "outrage!" are symptomatic of a legalistic and unassimilated mindset.
Going into denial and 'hiding' from an interview could make matters worse.
But we are thinking if they pressurise and threaten me in interview as he was trying to do on other day. thats why we are thingking to send them a letter before going to interview. Not hiding from interview anyway but before going to interview want to take any step but neither PAP nor JR.
And if anyone is unclear of the rights and powers of IOs then suggest look them up:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... tv16.0.pdf

(as well keeping abreast of the subleties and nuances of UK NI classes, rates and categories).
All my reply are there whatever Noajthan asked..

hellostar
- thin ice -

Post by hellostar » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:07 pm

zimba88 wrote:I checked the conditions on which IS96 is given to someone in this document: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... Nov-16.pdf
IS96 was previously served to notify a person (already served with notice of liability to removal) about reporting conditions. It now has multiple uses. It retains the previous function of placing someone without leave on reporting conditions but it may now also be used to inform a person of their liability to detention and TA/vary leave and impose conditions where they have not previously been notified, such as persons walking into ASU as illegal entrants claiming asylum, or where they still have extant or s.3C leave but are likely to be removed from the UK.
It also says that the IS96 has section regarding the reasoning. It requires the person filling the IS96 to clearly mention the reasons. It says:
You will need to complete the “Statement of Specific Reasons” section providing evidence and the legal basis for why you consider the person to be liable to detention and removal (such as the reasons for the illegal entry or overstayer contention or evidence of breach of conditions or sham marriage). For family members you will need to include the name of the main person who is liable to removal and the family member’s relationship to that person.
1) Your leave might have not been curtailed as I guess you should get a separate letter for that but I highly suggest you to contact HO to confirm this. It seems IS96 is 99% of times given to people without a valid leave/reason to be in the UK and liable for removal.

(1) Yesterday lawyer told me that if any person's leave curtailed he/she was given three letter , one curtailment letter second IS96 and third one was human rights appeal if you are eligible for that .

(2) Following is the complete letter i received IS96 PORT W

Home Office
Border Agency
Termincal Four
Full address

IMMIGRATION ACT 1971 – NOTIFACTION OF TEMPORARY ADMISSION TO A PERSON WHO IS LIABLE TO BE DETAINED
+To . Mr. XXXXXXXXX DOB: 1234 Nationality:_______________
X.Full Address here

LIABILITY TO DETENTION
A. You are a person who is liable to be detained
TEMPORARY ADMISSION RESTRICTIONS
B. I hereby authorise your (further) temporary admission to the United Kingdom subject to the following restrictions
You must reside at the address shown above
You must report to an immigration Officer (for further examination for the purpose of deciding whether you may be granted leave to enter) at:
Terminal Four
Heathrow Airport
Date:______________

Please Confim your appointment by telephone before setting out

IF YOU DO NOT REPORT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RESTRICTIONS OF THIS NOTICE , ANY UNRESOLVED APPLICATION WHICH YOU MAY HAVE MADE FOR LEAVE TO ENTER MAY BE REFUSED.
ANY CHANGE OF RESTRICTION
If these restrictions are to be changed, an Immigration Officer will write to you
• Although you have been temporarily, you remain liable to be detained.
• You have NOT been given leave to enter the United Kingdom within the meaning of the Immigration Act 1971.
Dated:____________ Signed (Immigration Officer)______________

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:14 pm

zimba88 wrote:I checked the conditions on which IS96 is given to someone in this document: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... Nov-16.pdf

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

hellostar
- thin ice -

Post by hellostar » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:24 pm

Casa wrote:

Hi Casa there isn't any Section of (Statement of Specific Reason)
I have written everything in the letter in previous post .

hellostar
- thin ice -

Post by hellostar » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi Guys
following is the letter iu received by post...

Border Force
Dated.
Name _________
Address :_______
Ref:123445

Dear , Mr XXXXXX
Following a review of your case we have requested information from another Government Department and it has been decided to re-Schedule your interview from January to March at 12pm to allow this information to be sent to us.
This will also give you further time to assemble the documents you have been previously asked to provide. This documentation should show how your business ABC limited, carrying out it’s business in the UK. These documents should include evidence of the required £50,000 being available to you invest in your business in the UK and evidence of how it was transferred from Back home and how you have invested it , contracts/invoices with companies whom you provide services to and evidence of all employees of your company from it’s incorporation to date. This evidence should include vacancy adverts, application forms, contracts, evidence of wage payments and tax records.
Please also note that we do NOT require your wife and child to attend on this occasion.
I enclose new Temporary Admission forms for you and your family until this date.
Your sincerely

Border Force Officer
Heathrow Terminal 4

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:55 pm

Border Force
Dated.
Name _________

Dear , Mr XXXXXX
Following a review of your case we have requested information from another Government Department and it has been decided to re-Schedule your interview from January to March at 12pm to allow this information to be sent to us.
This will also give you further time to assemble the documents you have been previously asked to provide. This documentation should show how your business ABC limited, carrying out it’s business in the UK. These documents should include evidence of the required £50,000 being available to you invest in your business in the UK and evidence of how it was transferred from Back home and how you have invested it , contracts/invoices with companies whom you provide services to and evidence of all employees of your company from it’s incorporation to date. This evidence should include vacancy adverts, application forms, contracts, evidence of wage payments and tax records.
Please also note that we do NOT require your wife and child to attend on this occasion.
I enclose new Temporary Admission forms for you and your family until this date.
Your sincerely

Border Force Officer
Heathrow Terminal 4
Dear Hellostar,

This is nothing but Genuine Entrepreneur Test....

You need to provide more docs in addition to the docs which you have submitted during Extension Application.

All they want to check is Credibility.They gave you enough time to gather all the info requested and Insha'allah you shall be sorted.

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:28 pm

The details which you have given, it looks that when IO asked you questions, you did not answer them properly or the info which you gave is different from what HO got on the file. The best thing is to go for interview and take all the documents which they are asking for however make sure to go through from every thing again because they will ask you questions again.

hellostar
- thin ice -

Post by hellostar » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:05 pm

awan905 wrote:The details which you have given, it looks that when IO asked you questions, you did not answer them properly or the info which you gave is different from what HO got on the file. The best thing is to go for interview and take all the documents which they are asking for however make sure to go through from every thing again because they will ask you questions again.
hi Awwan thanks for your concern
I have mentioned on this forum many times the only doubt they got from Schedule one and schedule and Pension and rest of the answer i gave were all fine beause i submitted my all documents myself i know all the paperworks and my business very well but it looks i was unlucky that time anyway pray for me guys
going to send them letter first ... pray for me i am very tense

hellostar
- thin ice -

Post by hellostar » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:07 pm

syed0083 wrote:

Border Force
Dated.
Name _________

Dear , Mr XXXXXX
Your sincerely

Border Force Officer
Heathrow Terminal 4
Dear Hellostar,

This is nothing but Genuine Entrepreneur Test....

You need to provide more docs in addition to the docs which you have submitted during Extension Application.

All they want to check is Credibility.They gave you enough time to gather all the info requested and Insha'allah you shall be sorted.
Hi syed thanks for your concern
I will go for interview but before that sending them letter to find out what was happened and how we can clear the doubts
pray for me
thanks

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:24 pm

hellostar wrote:
awan905 wrote:The details which you have given, it looks that when IO asked you questions, you did not answer them properly or the info which you gave is different from what HO got on the file. The best thing is to go for interview and take all the documents which they are asking for however make sure to go through from every thing again because they will ask you questions again.
hi Awwan thanks for your concern
I have mentioned on this forum many times the only doubt they got from Schedule one and schedule and Pension and rest of the answer i gave were all fine beause i submitted my all documents myself i know all the paperworks and my business very well but it looks i was unlucky that time anyway pray for me guys
going to send them letter first ... pray for me i am very tense
Hope for the best, there could be possibility that in HO system something has triggered or your data could be different on the system. Once I was traveling (in 2014) and on airport IO asked me about my business and when I mentioned that I am running two companies then they stopped me and after some investigation they allowed me to go. Before leaving I asked the IO that why I have been stopped then she said that in their system I am only director of one company not two. Then I asked her that can she updated this in system so that next time I should not be facing same issue again. She did that and I never had any issue after that.

hellostar
- thin ice -

Post by hellostar » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:20 pm

Hi Guys
just to inform you
i went for interview and By the Grace of God it was successful
Big Relief....
Thank GOD
and thanks for all your help guys

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:35 am

Thats it..... :D
Happy for you!!!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:25 am

Fantastic :) Did you get your BRP back ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:34 am

Great news! Congratulations. :D

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:26 am

just to inform you
i went for interview and By the Grace of God it was successful
Big Relief....
Thank GOD
and thanks for all your help guys
First big congrats. But for the forums learning (the point of the forum) do you have any idea why you were stopped/hassled in the first place? Was it an IO having a bad day? was there something in the IT system that pre flagged you?