ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fast track SAR for PR date?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Right
Bulgaria

Re: Fast track SAR for PR date?

Post by Right » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:48 pm

maxima12 wrote:Thanks, Right, that is really helpful.

I will send off my letter shortly, taking a very similar approach; will post here when there's any news. Good luck! Hopefully this time you're successful and get the PR date. :)
Hi maxima12 and others. I just received my reply from the Home Office today with the date enclosed.

They clearly got what I was on about.

I suggest other people looking at getting this date to send them such a letter because it seems a safe way to get the information and I only sent the cover letter around the 20th December. In the space of <1 month, I got the reply I needed.

I hope this is helpful.

Summertime76
Newly Registered

Post by Summertime76 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Nutmeg wrote:
Hi Summertime76,
Did it include the dates of absences you had included in your PR application form?
Hi Nutmeg,
My fast-track SAR didn't list absences from the UK, in fact there was no trace of any parts of submitted PR application, except for the case notes detailing fee, supporting documents and their validity, decision, and processing guidelines.

maxima12
Newly Registered

Post by maxima12 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:00 pm

Thanks so much for passing this tip on, Right! This is so much easier and quicker than trying to get the date via an SAR, including a Fast-Track one:

I received a letter with my PR date today, having sent off my letter to them less than a week ago!
Happy and relieved, and somewhat taken aback at how easy this was - compared to all the hurdles beforehand.

Good luck to everyone!

Jmluk
Newly Registered

Post by Jmluk » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Maxima12 , Right.

Thanks for the information provided so far regarding your experience in obtaining PR Date,

Did you just send a letter by itself requesting PR date or was the letter sent as a cover letter along with an SAR application.

Also if its a letter by itself to what address is the letter to?

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:30 pm

The letter has nothing to do with SAR. Just send a cover letter explaining you need to know your PR date. I sent in some copied IDs but not sure if they were necessary. They didn't return them though.

Jmluk
Newly Registered

Post by Jmluk » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:01 pm

Thanks Right Noted. But which address was the letter sent to?

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:14 pm

Jmluk wrote:Thanks Right Noted. But which address was the letter sent to?
Noted above as:
UKVI
Department 1
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

81romeo
Newly Registered

Post by 81romeo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Any luck with this? I sent a letter to UKVI two weeks ago but still waiting for an answer.

Cheers

lalastical
Newly Registered

Post by lalastical » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:46 am

Is this still working?

Rohullah
Newly Registered

Post by Rohullah » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Zhonor wrote:Dear all,

I've received my fast track SAR and it did say the date I acquired my permanent residency (like at the end of the bunch of documents).

Thank you so much for this fabulous tip.

I only have to wait until our 6th marriage anniversary and I can proceed to apply for BC.
Dear Zhonor,
I am filling the form for the fast track sar can u plz let me know how the following section should be completed
Entry into UK:

Date …………………………………………………

Port………………………………………………….

Method of entry …………………………………...
is it the date that someone first entered the UK or the last entry to the UK, and also is the photo id need to be certified by the solicitor for the fast track application and also do i need to send the 10 pound postal order, ur response will be highly appreciated

Rohullah
Newly Registered

Post by Rohullah » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:04 am

dapto10 wrote:I used that service a while ago and what I did was to write a specific request in the second section of the SAR application form where I specifically asked for the date on which I have acquired PR status in the UK. I didn't use the first section at all, didn't tick on any boxes there.

They came back to me 4 weeks later with 4 pages of screen shots, basically my whole EEA PR case with all the notes from the caseworker and another page that looks more like a police file called EEA National Checksheet. It had my photograph on top, my personal details, the details from the machine readable zone of my DCPR vignete and the date of my application.

Asking specifially for the PR date worked in my case.
Dear dapto10,
I am filling the form for the fast track sar can u plz let me know how the following section should be completed
Entry into UK:

Date …………………………………………………

Port………………………………………………….

Method of entry …………………………………...
is it the date that someone first entered the UK or the last entry to the UK, and also is the photo id need to be certified by the solicitor for the fast track application and also do i need to send the 10 pound postal order, ur response will be highly appreciated

2017london
Newly Registered

Post by 2017london » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:19 am

Is the on line free application still on? i Could not find the link to fill in the on line form.
any chance??
Thanks in advance