ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:02 am

1. Yes should be fine.

2. No

3. You can use any NCS at any council.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:19 pm

CR001 wrote:1. Yes should be fine.

2. No

3. You can use any NCS at any council.
Thank you! :) Shall update as and when things happen.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:38 pm

Oh thank god I got that all important brown envelope too!!!! :D :D (applied 24th Oct as I remember)
However it did make me panic as the letter is dated 19th Dec and I only just received it today the 9th Jan!
I immediately called the council but only to hear that they have not received the certificates as well and there has been a delay!

Those who are waiting, hope the wait won't be too long and good luck! :D
Thanks all moderators and other contributors on this forum! :D

sud315

Post by sud315 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:42 pm

Those who have received the approval and attended the ceremony,
how long did it take to receive the passports if applied through JCAP?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:00 pm

sud315 wrote:Those who have received the approval and attended the ceremony,
how long did it take to receive the passports if applied through JCAP?

Thanks!
It usually takes a week or two. Depends how long council take to inform HO that you have attended the ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:05 pm

Thanks CR001 for the prompt reply.

Sorry one more question, will the passport be coming through 2nd class post as well? :!:
No, they come from HMPO so probably tracked as some people have had to sign for theirs. Mine were dropped through the letter box but it wasn't second class post.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:14 pm

sud315 wrote:Thanks CR001 for the prompt reply.

Sorry one more question, will the passport be coming through 2nd class post as well? :!:
No, they come from HMPO so probably tracked as some people have had to sign for theirs. Mine were dropped through the letter box but it wasn't second class post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

gul123
Newly Registered

Post by gul123 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:14 pm

i am Eu and have PR for 14 months. I go canada in 2011 with gf and family. I come back and no stump in England.

My gf sister did a scrap book and use my ticket too. The ticket had her address on because she book it. She remove address from it for scrap book.

Now i apply for citizenship in oct 16 and sent same ticket as proof return with address removed coz i lost original email.

This was not even needed so i just sent so they can see date of return. u think they refuse me because removing her address from ticket?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:24 pm

gul123 wrote:i am Eu and have PR for 14 months. I go canada in 2011 with gf and family. I come back and no stump in England.

My gf sister did a scrap book and use my ticket too. The ticket had her address on because she book it. She remove address from it for scrap book.

Now i apply for citizenship in oct 16 and sent same ticket as proof return with address removed coz i lost original email.

This was not even needed so i just sent so they can see date of return. u think they reFo anyone fuse me because removing her address from ticket?
You may get faster replies if you explain your timeline and the exact problem you have identified. If you have submitted your AN application in October you probably just have to wait for the result.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

gul123
Newly Registered

Post by gul123 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Tnx. Sorry my english not very good.

I mean she removed address from ticket. If ho see this, will they say why u change ticket or why u remove address and refuse me?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:13 am

gul123 wrote:Tnx. Sorry my english not very good.

I mean she removed address from ticket. If ho see this, will they say why u change ticket or why u remove address and refuse me?
Ticket = Flight Ticket?
What are you proving with this ticket?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

navinw

Post by navinw » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:27 pm

hi All

I have a question regarding the application for BC.

My query is :
Can i travel outside the country once i submit my Naturalization form to NCS : Yes

But what i have heard is, if the BC office has any query regarding your application they will send an letter in post for further clarification and we need to respond to that post within 15 days.

So if i am on holidays(outside country for 32 days) and if i get anything query via post or further clarification or so ?

Did someone faced this scenario or they never contact for any reason ?
Any advice/suggestion or help would be appreciated.

thanks
Navin

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:44 pm

navinw wrote:hi All

My query is :
Can i travel outside the country once i submit my Naturalization form to NCS : Yes Correct

But what i have heard is, if the BC office has any query regarding your application they will send an letter in post for further clarification and we need to respond to that post within 15 days. You will get request for biometrics within about two weeks, you got 15 work days from letter date to submit, otherwise you get another request leaving you 10 days to submit

So if i am on holidays(outside country for 32 days) and if i get anything query via post or further clarification or so ? You will get biometrics request

Any advice/suggestion or help would be appreciated. If BC is important to you perhaps delay holiday or delay application

thanks
Navin

ootum04
Newly Registered

Post by ootum04 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:08 am

Hi Guys,

Hope all of you are good here...I have sent my application on 1st December 2016. I have done my finger print etc. My concerns is that I am employed full time but due to having two jobs from 2014..I have underpaid my taxes. I have receuved letters from HMRC...I have fully paid the tax owed for the year 2014/2015. Now for 2015/2016 for the amount I owe them, I have set up a direct debit and paying them monthly. I havent missed any payment and I started doing it since oct 2016 and I have sent my app.in Dec 2016. I will carry on paying till 2018 to clear it fully in instalment. Now would Home office will count this as a bad character. ??? Cause am paying it and that payment facility option is given to me by HMRC. so am very worried to get a refusal. ..please help guys.

many thanks

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:36 am

ootum04 wrote:Hi Guys,

Hope all of you are good here...I have sent my application on 1st December 2016. I have done my finger print etc. My concerns is that I am employed full time but due to having two jobs from 2014..I have underpaid my taxes. I have receuved letters from HMRC...I have fully paid the tax owed for the year 2014/2015. Now for 2015/2016 for the amount I owe them, I have set up a direct debit and paying them monthly. I havent missed any payment and I started doing it since oct 2016 and I have sent my app.in Dec 2016. I will carry on paying till 2018 to clear it fully in instalment. Now would Home office will count this as a bad character. ??? Cause am paying it and that payment facility option is given to me by HMRC. so am very worried to get a refusal. ..please help guys.

many thanks
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _D_v02.pdf

You will find you answer in section 6.2! I won't worry about it!
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

navinw

Post by navinw » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:30 am

alterhase58 wrote:
navinw wrote:hi All

My query is :
Can i travel outside the country once i submit my Naturalization form to NCS : Yes Correct

But what i have heard is, if the BC office has any query regarding your application they will send an letter in post for further clarification and we need to respond to that post within 15 days. You will get request for biometrics within about two weeks, you got 15 work days from letter date to submit, otherwise you get another request leaving you 10 days to submit

So if i am on holidays(outside country for 32 days) and if i get anything query via post or further clarification or so ? You will get biometrics request

Any advice/suggestion or help would be appreciated. If BC is important to you perhaps delay holiday or delay application

thanks
Navin

Thanks for your reply.
I understand the Biometric letter and reply from BC.
But i would like to know, if for any other reason do they contact you like for any clarification regarding the application?

Like my case, i may be on leave and if they drop any letter for further clarification and if i am not able to reply in 15 days, it would be problem for me...

thanks
navin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:48 am

navinw wrote:Thanks for your reply.
But i would like to know, if for any other reason do they contact you like for any clarification regarding the application?

Like my case, i may be on leave and if they drop any letter for further clarification and if i am not able to reply in 15 days, it would be problem for me...

thanks
navin
If HO write to you asking for any additional information or clarification and you do not send it within the timeframe they give you, then yes, it will be a problem.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

scorpion90

Post by scorpion90 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:11 pm

hi all .. does any body know if the pics taken at the ceremony sent back to home office ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:03 pm

scorpion90 wrote:hi all .. does any body know if the pics taken at the ceremony sent back to home office ?
Pictures are taken by a 3rd party commercial photographer, who will sell you prints and JPG files. I am sure it would be stated clearly if pictures are sent to UKVI. Of course, no one knows if someone is taking pictures secretly for Home Office.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Then today I received a brown envelope from Home office. Almost had a heart as I thought it was my approval! :lol: :lol: However it was only a notification asking for passport fee payment as for some reason I hadn't entered my whole card number on the application form. :? :?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:11 pm

navinw wrote:Thanks for your reply.

thanks
navin
It happens.
As you see in the next few posts below yours, someone was contacted to resend payment details.
So plan accordingly.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

scorpion90

Post by scorpion90 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:31 am

hi guys ..is there any restriction staying abroad once you are citizen .. i meant with ilr you can stay out of the country for 2 years max... is there any thing like that when you are citizen ?

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:03 am

scorpion90 wrote:hi guys ..is there any restriction staying abroad once you are citizen .. i meant with ilr you can stay out of the country for 2 years max... is there any thing like that when you are citizen ?
Nope! Think about it, all of us in UK for 5-10+ years now getting citizenship remained to be citizens of our home countries so same applies to UK folk :idea:

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:44 pm

scorpion90 wrote:hi guys ..is there any restriction staying abroad once you are citizen .. i meant with ilr you can stay out of the country for 2 years max... is there any thing like that when you are citizen ?
Citizenship is not a visa!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

scorpion90

Post by scorpion90 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:34 am

cyborg001 wrote:
Nope! Think about it, all of us in UK for 5-10+ years now getting citizenship remained to be citizens of our home countries so same applies to UK folk :idea:
[/quote]

Thanks for reply .. you get lots of questions like this in your head .. i tought there could be a time limit when you naturalised. what about are passport uk born and naturalised same is there any difference? ... can u tell from the passport if the holder is naturalised..? thanks