ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original documents not returned!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

doc_S

Original documents not returned!!!

Post by doc_S » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:25 pm

My mother applied for a long-term 5 yers family visitor visa from Pakistan. She supplied her original documents. I supplied all original payslips and bank statements for myself and the wife as a sponsor. At the time of applying, the representative at the visa Center asked if she wants to send the photocopies only but not original as they do not return originals. However as original documents are required as per application guidance we sent original. However, today when she collected her passport back ( with 5 years visa stamped :D ) no documents were returned at all. Only passport in the bag.

I was expecting that they would return original documents from sponsors at least. I may need my original payslips etc here in UK. Thank God I didnt send original documents for accommodation etc.

Is this normal practice now? Do they not return originals and if not then why do they ask for originals with application and why not just photocopies??

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:03 pm

You misunderstood. The visa application centre looks at the originals and the copies, verifies them, and then sends only the copies to the visa post. If, despite being told the originals would not be returned, your mother choose to send the originals as well, then you can hardly be surprised they were not returned.

chiwi
Newly Registered

Re: Original documents not returned!!!

Post by chiwi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:40 am

doc_S wrote:My mother applied for a long-term 5 yers family visitor visa from Pakistan. She supplied her original documents. I supplied all original payslips and bank statements for myself and the wife as a sponsor. At the time of applying, the representative at the visa Center asked if she wants to send the photocopies only but not original as they do not return originals. However as original documents are required as per application guidance we sent original. However, today when she collected her passport back ( with 5 years visa stamped :D ) no documents were returned at all. Only passport in the bag.

I was expecting that they would return original documents from sponsors at least. I may need my original payslips etc here in UK. Thank God I didnt send original documents for accommodation etc.

Is this normal practice now? Do they not return originals and if not then why do they ask for originals with application and why not just photocopies??
I know that this has been posted years ago but may I ask if you did get the documents back? Same thing happened to my mum as VFS took both originals and copies

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Original documents not returned!!!

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:01 pm

chiwi wrote:I know that this has been posted years ago but may I ask if you did get the documents back? Same thing happened to my mum as VFS took both originals and copies
Kindly refrain from digging up old topics. You have a topic already where you have been receiving responses, please continue in your own thread.

The member in question in this topic has not logged in since early Feb 2014.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.